Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    where is Blade?
    He'll be in the Avengers.

His name isn't mentioned in the solicits but he's the new member that was recruited at the end of #700, clearly to aid in the fight against Dracula.

Quote Originally Posted by cc008 View Post
    Nice! Didn't see this. But I'm taking your advice and collecting them
    Looking forward to getting your opinion on them. They have some good ones out already, but I am very excited for this one.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

BANNED

SAVAGE SWORD OF CONAN #1-2
    UNCANNY X-MEN #11-12
    AVENGERS #14-15
    INVADERS #2
    THOR #10
    CAPTAIN AMERICA #8
    VENOM #11
    FANTASTIC FOUR #7
    WINTER SOLDIER #3
    THE PUNISHER #8

Wow... A huge month for me

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Stark View Post
    Looking forward to getting your opinion on them. They have some good ones out already, but I am very excited for this one.
    It may take me a little while, but I plan on collecting for at least Iron Man and Daredevil. Thinking about Cap's as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    - Issue-wise, is Ms. Marvel #38 actually an anniversary issue since they're treating it as one?
    Fifth anniversary by release date. Kamala's first issue was released on Feb 5, 2014.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Mutant Bat on Speed Force Fuzzy Barbarian's Avatar

Definitely:
    GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY #2z
    OLD MAN QUILL #1 (OF 12)
    OLD MAN QUILL #2 (OF 12)
    AGE OF X-MAN: THE MARVELOUS X-MEN #1 (OF 5) - **** it, gonna read all of this.
    AGE OF X-MAN: NEXTGEN #1 (OF 5)
    AGE OF X-MAN: THE AMAZING NIGHTCRAWLER #1 (OF 5)
    AGE OF X-MAN: THE X-TREMISTS #1 (OF 5)
    UNCANNY X-MEN #11 & #12 - Seriously... **** yes. When I heard this news, I was so fucking happy. Just... yes! Also, it's gonna be nice to see him reunite with Logan; hopefully they bury the hatchet.
    VENOM #11 - Omg, the "better than Watchmen" meme has gone too far... I might actually get that variant as well.
    X-FORCE #3

X-MEN BLACK TPB - For the Apocalypse stuff.
    IRON MAN BY FRACTION & LARROCA: THE COMPLETE COLLECTION VOL. 1 TPB - I've liked what I've read, even though the brain rebooting things ran way too long and I never finished it.
    SUB-MARINER: THE DEPTHS TPB - Okay, that's a creative team I can get behind.

Maybe:
    CONAN THE BARBARIAN #3
    DAREDEVIL #1 & #2
    INVADERS #2
    CAPTAIN AMERICA #8
    SUPERIOR SPIDER-MAN #3
    FANTASTIC FOUR #7
    WINTER SOLDIER #3 (OF 5)
    BLACK ORDER #4 (OF 5)

RETURN OF WOLVERINE - Might wait for an OHC which will probs come with... something else?
    FANTASTIC FOUR VOL. 1: FOUREVER TPB
    UNCANNY X-MEN: X-MEN DISASSEMBLED TPB
    DEFENDERS: THE BEST DEFENSE TPB
    X-MEN RED VOL. 2 TPB
    MARVEL KNIGHTS PUNISHER BY GARTH ENNIS: THE COMPLETE COLLECTION VOL. 2 TPB
    FANTASTIC FOUR: HEROES RETURN — THE COMPLETE COLLECTION VOL. 1 TPB
    GAMBIT: THIEVES’ WORLD TPB - Ummm... I guess if I'm in the mood for some Gambit stuff that isn't too 90s?
    Favourite characters: Wally West, Dick Grayson, Cassandra Cain, Cyclops, Jay Garrick, Jamie Madrox, Stargirl, Bucky Barnes, Magik, Jon Kent, Kate Bishop, Booster Gold

Regular pulls:
    Adventureman, Cable, Fire Power, Green Lantern, Hellions, New Mutants, Thor, Vampire: The Masquerade, Venom, X-Factor, X-Men

Trade-waiting: Animosity, Black Panther, Captain America, Catwoman, Conan, Daredevil, DCeased, Detective Comics, Hawkman, Immortal Hulk, Redneck, Saga, Skyward, Snotgirl, X-Force

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

So, the special thing they had prepared for the Skrulls were... variant covers? Hopefully it's a warm up to an actual story in the next month, or I'll be very disappointed.

Mutant Bat on Speed Force Fuzzy Barbarian's Avatar

Random thoughts:

That Infinity Watch Wolverine thing is just... dumb. Gotta love how they've told this story in the most random order for no reason other than to have that page in Marvel Legacy #1 where Logan has the Infinity Stone.

Oh God... Hulkverines is the actual name. Why...

Wow, Kamala's been around for five years. Cool.

Oh God... Loeb Hulk omnibus...
    Favourite characters: Wally West, Dick Grayson, Cassandra Cain, Cyclops, Jay Garrick, Jamie Madrox, Stargirl, Bucky Barnes, Magik, Jon Kent, Kate Bishop, Booster Gold

Regular pulls:
    Adventureman, Cable, Fire Power, Green Lantern, Hellions, New Mutants, Thor, Vampire: The Masquerade, Venom, X-Factor, X-Men

Trade-waiting: Animosity, Black Panther, Captain America, Catwoman, Conan, Daredevil, DCeased, Detective Comics, Hawkman, Immortal Hulk, Redneck, Saga, Skyward, Snotgirl, X-Force

And Kamala's still with her original writer. Not many characters stay under one writer for that long nowadays. Things like Slott's and Bendis's runs on Amazing and Ultimate Spider-Man respectively are rare.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

BANNED

Avengers
    Uncanny X-Men
    Fantastic Four
    Amazing Spiderman
    Venom
    X-Force
    Mr and Mrs X
    Captain Marvel
    Doctor Strange
    Daredevil
    Guardians
    Ironman
    Age of X-man

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    And Kamala's still with her original writer. Not many characters stay under one writer for that long nowadays. Things like Slott's and Bendis's runs on Amazing and Ultimate Spider-Man respectively are rare.
    Well, there is a perception that writers bail or are pushed off of books quickly these days but I think long stays on a book are not quite so rare.

You've got Wilson on Ms. Marvel, there was Bendis, who had long stays on most of his books - notably Ultimate Spider-Man - then Dan Slott on Amazing.

But then you can also point to Jason Aaron on Thor, a run that's been going for five years now. Gerry Duggan had a very long run on Deadpool. Mark Waid was on Daredevil for years. Ta-Nehisi Coates has been on Black Panther for years now and I hope he's on Cap for at least as long - longer, even, as I prefer his Cap run! Speaking of Cap, Nick Spencer had a long Cap run and it looks like he's settling in for an even longer stint on Spidey. And Ryan North has been writing Squirrel Girl forever.

BANNED

Black Widows "fangs"? there must be a cautionary untold tale against cloning there somewhere.
    Last edited by theoneandonly; 11-21-2018 at 07:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Same goes for Ms Marvel. Just celebrated 50 issues a few months ago, now it's celebrating it's 5th birthday with another bumper issue.

Domino and Exiles appear to be cancelled.
    At least with Ms Marvel, there were reasons for the two over sized issues. This looks to me like sloppy editing on someone's part. If Marvel were celebrating something, they usually say something in the solicit about it.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    So Doc Strange 11 is 48 pages and $5.99 even though we just came off of a super-sized anniversary edition?
    The Waid/Saiz Doctor Strange is one of my favorite books at the moment. If they want to do a couple of oversized issues back to back, that's fine by me.

Why is the February issue also a bigger issue on the heels of the anniversary issue? Who knows? I imagine there is some story-based reason for the extra pages that will be revealed in time.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Warren View Post
    Well, there is a perception that writers bail or are pushed off of books quickly these days but I think long stays on a book are not quite so rare.

You've got Wilson on Ms. Marvel, there was Bendis, who had long stays on most of his books - notably Ultimate Spider-Man - then Dan Slott on Amazing.

But then you can also point to Jason Aaron on Thor, a run that's been going for five years now. Gerry Duggan had a very long run on Deadpool. Mark Waid was on Daredevil for years. Ta-Nehisi Coates has been on Black Panther for years now and I hope he's on Cap for at least as long - longer, even, as I prefer his Cap run! Speaking of Cap, Nick Spencer had a long Cap run and it looks like he's settling in for an even longer stint on Spidey. And Ryan North has been writing Squirrel Girl forever.
    Coates' Black Panther #1 came out in April 2016 (2 1/2 years) (edited: originally wrote less than 2 years, thanks Digifiend)

Spencer started Sam Wilson in October 2015 and Steve Rogers in May 2016 with both finally concluding in September 2017. (2 years)

Memorable runs but not 5 years

I suppose it depends on what people think is long. Two years is probably the typical run but even that seems uncommon, in the sense that these days there are so many more titles and constant reboots and cancelations, that Spencer and Coates seem like they had long runs.
    Last edited by cranger; 11-21-2018 at 08:56 AM. Reason: corrected length of Coates' run