Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast
    The Best There Is berserkerclaw's Avatar

i am intrigied by UXM 11-12. seeing how it seems to not tie into Age of X-Man. and Cyclops and Wolverine together again is a win.
    Mr And Mr X lands top spot for the month IMO.
    Wolverine Infinity Watch is a must. about time we conclude this plot and find out what the F is going on

Age of X-Men MInis no thank you
    X-Men Forever

Uncanny x men, but I will read some reviews first, depends also how Logan and Scott will interact (so I likely wait until #12 will be released)
    Wolverine: Infinity Watch
    Wolverine: The Long Night
    MCP
    Last edited by Gylfie; 11-21-2018 at 10:05 AM.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

I might have considered Uncanny X-men #11 but...definitely not at that price point. Best bet...I'll just read it when it comes on-line or free.

If u all think we are NOT going to get Scottloganjean shenanigans YOU Are CRAZY

The writers and editors cant and won’t be able to resist.

And these boards will be more fun

Sad Domino is ending so soon!

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

Happy to know Magma and Kylun appear in the Nightcrawler mini. Now I might get it after all.
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

Quote Originally Posted by ţh€ €жţяą-๏яďɨɲąя¥ Tycon View Post
    Yes, not just because it's been said multiple times that she's a new creation .
    Errrrr
    Where? I've honestly not seen anything
    Quote Originally Posted by ţh€ €жţяą-๏яďɨɲąя¥ Tycon View Post
    but JDW said that there might be plans for Monet later down the line.
    Just nowhere in the 'franchise shaking' crossover event...Yipee?

Being totally serious here but Were those links supposed to lead to a Page that talked about the New character...ir the plans for Monet! I didn't see either. I've never been good at Tumblring.... I'm gay but not THAT gay lol
    EDIT: Ah I see what you mean.....is the 3rd Queer character Moneta?
    Quote Originally Posted by DearMachine View Post
    At minimum, I would make the writers justify at length why they couldn't use an existing character in that role.
    Everyone wants to leave their own piss on the toilet seat
    Last edited by BroHomo; 11-22-2018 at 10:52 AM.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    Everyone wants to leave their own piss on the toilet seat
    Can't stop laughing.

The fact that people feel that there needs to be some restriction on the creation of new characters says so much about how bloated this franchise is. Wow. The entire premise of the X-Men is the one best suited for brand new characters in all of comics, and brand new characters are why the franchise became successful. We should be excited for new characters, the series so badly needs new things! How about we put a moratorium on silly resurrections and tell stories that give characters proper farewells, instead?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    The fact that people feel that there needs to be some restriction on the creation of new characters says so much about how bloated this franchise is. Wow. The entire premise of the X-Men is the one best suited for brand new characters in all of comics, and brand new characters are why the franchise became successful. We should be excited for new characters, the series so badly needs new things! How about we put a moratorium on silly resurrections and tell stories that give characters proper farewells, instead?
    I WANT the franchise to allow room for more characters, but as long as Muh Nostalgiaz rules the franchise and editorial is afraid of “aging up” the old guard they’ll almost always be blocked from any meaningful development.

But we had to bring back Piotr so he could become Juggernaut and then hang around! And we had to bring back Sean for 6 issues so he could just hang around after! And we had to bring back Jean even though we had a Jean, a Rachel, a Hope, and a Quentin! And Doug, oh man oh man, what are the X-Men without Doug?

I even want to be nice to Kurt, but he hasn't even done much to justify all the pages he eats up either.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Everything you'e mentioned, Snoop Dogg, (and I agree with you) can be attributed to the poor, unimaginative and down-right boring writing that has plagued the X-Men for the last decade and some...and not necessarily to the older, established characters themselves. Even the younger/newer characters are either wall-papered, limbo-ed or written like trash.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    I WANT the franchise to allow room for more characters, but as long as Muh Nostalgiaz rules the franchise and editorial is afraid of “aging up” the old guard they’ll almost always be blocked from any meaningful development.
    I meeeeean
    Couldn't the writers if they care enough to not ,+ to the problem just not create new characters??

I'll just be getting UXM and X-Tremists at this stage, though I'm open to buying more tie-ins if they seem decent. Really looking forward to UXM, I'm mega-hyped for Scott's return. Hopefully this creative team will give him the comeback he deserves.

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    Errrrr
    Where? I've honestly not seen anything
    The second tumblr link.

[quote Just nowhere in the 'franchise shaking' crossover event...Yipee? [/quote]

Yeah, it's absolutely shitty. I think X-Editorial doesn't give a rat's ass about diversity, but some of these new and upcoming X-writers do. So supporting them could help get some representation of all kinds out there.

Being totally serious here but Were those links supposed to lead to a Page that talked about the New character...ir the plans for Monet! I didn't see either. I've never been good at Tumblring.... I'm gay but not THAT gay lol
    EDIT: Ah I see what you mean.....is the 3rd Queer character Moneta?
    The second link shows Leah introducing Moneta as a new character, a French-Canadian rookie. And the three characters are Northstar, Psylocke, and Iceman.