Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This has been mildly interesting.

Not gonna lie.

Fantastic Member

I intended to give Lobdell a fair chance but the story has been lame so far. In every issue Ric babbled something about those people who knew him were not really cared about him and how much he enjoyed his current life, while the Scarecrow was doing something evil and the cop was trying to be the new Nightwing. It has been 3 issues and that's all I got. Someone said the story doesn't move, I totally agree.And it is going to nowhere.
    Last edited by Onthetrapeze; 11-24-2018 at 12:50 AM.

This is honestly getting worse. Outside of Moore's art there is nothing to like here but seeing his art wasted on this should make people upset.

The story is moving so slow where nothing is happening. It boggles my mind how people can defend this story. Like it honestly angers me at how badly managed this story is and people are okay with it. We are 4 issues in now and nothing really has happened. There has been no real character study on who Dick is as a character or a hero, no real look at this 80+ years of history, and no story elements introduced are going to be worth anything when this is over. This feels like filler that DC is trying to say is important but it is obvious that it is all meaningless. DC wants to bleed it out for as long as they can to try and capitalize a bit in sales on the gimmick that was Batman #55.

Does anyone here care about this cop and his story? They wasted SO MANY pages on him and his bumbling around. What about Dick's new friends we just got introduced to? Or the new love interest that will surely stick around, right? They are all irrelevant characters that will be forgotten about. Same with Seeley's, Humpries', and Percy's we just had over the last few years. The love interest was so obvious from issue #50 that I bet they will be so lazy and have her be related to the taxi diver too. That is the level of effort that is going into this. Then the Scarecrow story is just a complete mess. Four issues in and he has no real plan or goal other than just wanting to cause a mess in Bludhaven because the story demands he be there because it needed some villain, but once it is over he won't be back in Bludhaven anymore anyway.

Like this might be one of the poorest comic stories I have ever read when I really break it down in how so much of it makes no sense, how incredibly slow it is moving, and how pointless it all feels. Like when you really go point by point it is just so poorly constructed.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Badou View Post
    This is honestly getting worse. Outside of Moore's art there is nothing to like here but seeing his art wasted on this should make people upset.

The story is moving so slow where nothing is happening. It boggles my mind how people can defend this story. Like it honestly angers me at how badly managed this story is and people are okay with it. We are 4 issues in now and nothing really has happened. There has been no real character study on who Dick is as a character or a hero, no real look at this 80+ years of history, and no story elements introduced are going to be worth anything when this is over. This feels like filler that DC is trying to say is important but it is obvious that it is all meaningless. DC wants to bleed it out for as long as they can to try and capitalize a bit in sales on the gimmick that was Batman #55.

Does anyone here care about this cop and his story? They wasted SO MANY pages on him and his bumbling around. What about Dick's new friends we just got introduced to? Or the new love interest that will surely stick around, right? They are all irrelevant characters that will be forgotten about. Same with Seeley's, Humpries', and Percy's we just had over the last few years. The love interest was so obvious from issue #50 that I bet they will be so lazy and have her be related to the taxi diver too. That is the level of effort that is going into this. Then the Scarecrow story is just a complete mess. Four issues in and he has no real plan or goal other than just wanting to cause a mess in Bludhaven because the story demands he be there because it needed some villain, but once it is over he won't be back in Bludhaven anymore anyway.

Like this might be one of the poorest comic stories I have ever read when I really break it down in how so much of it makes no sense, how incredibly slow it is moving, and how pointless it all feels. Like when you really go point by point it is just so poorly constructed.
    Well said, especially the last paragraph.

BANNED

They probably had two days to write it so that's why it's kinda cobbled together.