Default Deadpool #36 AXIS Spoilers

I thought I'd put this here, because it contains some interesting details, and the X-crowd haven't done a thread there yet.

It looks like there is a good case that the JGS was emptied to go to Genosha for the fight with the Onslaught Red Skull, which means all the mutant kids were inverted. So the idea that there should be anyone who disagrees with Inverted Genesis (Apocalypse) seems outmoded, if the whole crowd listening to him are inverted, right? That's one point. Some other good points that happened on Genosha are, Deadpool helped Iron Man to get plugged back in to power up again, and was offered Avengers membership for that day. The other thing was that DP tried to give Sabretooth the kiss of life after being hit by Sentinel beams. Twice.

Spoilers

DP wakes up after the surgery to give organs to Nth Korean friends with DP's genes. Beast and Kurt rush off to prepare to go to Genosha but can't give DP a lift. The JGS kids rush off to go too, because Ghost of Genesis is telling them to come via a ghost of Quentin Quire, but nobody else hears them, like the adults. DP meets Storm and DP says sorry for Logans death, and Storm is sad. DP goes outside where the Hate Wave is operating and DP saves pink girl who sees lies in colours coming off people. DP drops Pink girl in the sewers for safe keeping,with his peed off wife, and leaves to check on Ellie. Then Magneto attacks DP and asks him to join in the battle with Red Skull, because the Avengers are having another Civil War moment, fighting amongst themselves with the hate wave, so they are no help. Battle on Genosha, and the Inversion happens. DP leaves Genosha and goes home all strange and new. A new White DP takes over, who is not so stabby.

I know this tone of book doesn't take itself seriously but DP gets mad at his wife for trying to stop him from going to see Ellie, and the white DP is a serious type, so the tone of the book may change as a result of the inversion. Also, a lot happens in this book, like maybe it's a formulated AXIS tie-in to show where DP fits into that Event.
    Last edited by jackolover; 11-13-2014 at 04:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jackolover View Post
    I thought I'd put this here, because it contains some interesting details, and the X-crowd haven't done a thread there yet.

It looks like there is a good case that the JGS was emptied to go to Genosha for the fight with the Onslaught Red Skull, which means all the mutant kids were inverted. So the idea that there should be anyone who disagrees with Inverted genesis (Apocalypse) seems outmoded, if the whole crowd listening to him are inverted, right? That's one point. Some other good points that happened on Genosha are, Deadpool helped Iron Man to get plugged back in to power up again, and was offered Avengers membership for hat day. The other thing was that DP tried to give Sabretooth the kiss of life after being hit by Sentinel beams. Twice.

Spoilers

DP wakes up after the surgery to give organs to Nth Korean friends with DP's genes. Beast and Kurt rush off to prepare to go to Genosha but can't give DP a lift. The JGS kids rush off to go too, because Ghost of Genesis is telling them to come via a ghost of Quentin Quire, but nobody else hears them, like the adults. DP meets Storm and DP says sorry for Logans death, and Storm is sad. DP goes outside where the Hate Wave is operating and DP saves pink girl who sees lies in colours coming off people. DP drops Pink girl in the sewers with his peed off wife, and leaves to check on Ellie. Then Magneto attacks DP and asks him to join in the battle with Red Skull, because the Avengers are having another Civil War moment so they are no help. Battle on Genosha, and the Inversion happens. DP leaves Genosha and goes home all strange and new. A new White DP takes over, who is not so stabby.

I know this tone of book doesn't take itself seriously but DP gets mad at his wife for trying to stop him from going to see Ellie, and the white DP is a serious type, so the tone of the book may change as a result of the inversion. Also, a lot happens in this book, like maybe it's a formulated AXIS tie-in to show where DP fits into that Event.
    I'd say it does a pretty good job of doing so when it needs to. The Good, The Bad, and the Ugly was an extremely serious (and necessary) arc that brought back the tragedy in Deadpool needed to delve into his characterization and still combined it with the humor. like Joe Kelly's run Since then, it's had more direction and while the later arcs are more light-hearted they've shown flashes of emotional moments. It's definitely come a long way from the first two arcs which were closer to too much comedy and not enough focus on plot (like Daniel Way's run).

Quote Originally Posted by pinoypanzer View Post
    I'd say it does a pretty good job of doing so when it needs to. The Good, The Bad, and the Ugly was an extremely serious (and necessary) arc that brought back the tragedy in Deadpool needed to delve into his characterization and still combined it with the humor. like Joe Kelly's run Since then, it's had more direction and while the later arcs are more light-hearted they've shown flashes of emotional moments. It's definitely come a long way from the first two arcs which were closer to too much comedy and not enough focus on plot (like Daniel Way's run).
    I'd agree not only the good the bad and the ugly, but previous arcs always managed to work in the darkness, the 90s flashback especially.

And the X-thread for #36 is over here. http://community.comicbookresources....eview-Spoilers

Cheap plug since I started it
    Last edited by Kusanagi; 11-13-2014 at 05:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kusanagi View Post
    I'd agree not only the good the bad and the ugly, but previous arcs always managed to work in the darkness, the 90s flashback especially.

And the X-thread for #36 is over here. http://community.comicbookresources....eview-Spoilers

it's what I mean when I said that later arcs had flashes of emotional moments. Good, Bad, Ugly was like 90% tragedy and 10% comedy. The arcs since then have been around 60% comedy and 40% tragedy. Still very good.
    Last edited by pinoypanzer; 11-13-2014 at 05:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kusanagi View Post

Thanks for the link. I couldn't find it in the advanced search, so this is good.

Rachel turned into Ahab's baby momma by Marvel. Disgusting.

I don't think the X-Men are THAT irresponsible to have sent their children to war. Especially since the JGS didn't want to have the children be soldiers in the first place and actively tried to get them away from fighting beyond self-defense.

Besides what could Eye-Boy or Sharkgirl contribute in the fight against the Red Skull?

Furthermore it was never shown and we know there are X-Men who weren't inverted which is why many aren't happy because someone as powerful and outspoken as Rachel SHOULD have pointed out that Storm, and her father, was acting off and SHOULD be working with the other non-inverted X-Men to try and figure things out before things hit the fan. Especially with how much Rachel fears that the present will end up like her future timeline.
    Last edited by Sardorim; 11-13-2014 at 05:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sardorim View Post
    I don't think the X-Men are THAT irresponsible to have sent their children to war. Especially since the JGS didn't want to have the children be soldiers in the first place and actively tried to get them away from fighting beyond self-defense.

Besides what could Eye-Boy or Sharkgirl contribute in the fight against the Red Skull?

Furthermore it was never shown and we know there are X-Men who weren't inverted which is why many aren't happy because someone as powerful and outspoken as Rachel SHOULD have pointed out that Storm, and her father, was acting off and SHOULD be working with the other non-inverted X-Men to try and figure things out before things hit the fan. Especially with how much Rachel fears that the present will end up like her future timeline.
    If they sent the JGS kids to Genosha, everybody was sent to Genosha including all the ones listed as uninverted. I don't see how anybody avoids it except maybe X-Factor because they tend to keep a low profile, but even that is speculation.

Rachel turned into Ahab's baby momma by Marvel. Disgusting.

If they sent the JGS kids to Genosha, everybody was sent to Genosha including all the ones listed as uninverted. I don't see how anybody avoids it except maybe X-Factor because they tend to keep a low profile, but even that is speculation.
    Yet there's no point in sending a bunch of non-combat ready children to the frontlines, most of which don't even have powers that can contribute meaingfully in any battle like Eyeboy for example. Especially when the school was founded upon the ideal that they wouldn't be turning the children into Soldiers or forcing them to fight and instead would let them have a chance to be simply kids.

Not to mention that the adults have gotten in the way of the children getting into fighting and have had them sit out on big battles for their own safety.

Storm would be a horrible Headmistress if she had allowed that to happen and even if she did none of the staff would agree to sending the children, that they swore to teach and protect, into a kill zone against the Red Skull. Heck, Wolverine and Beast in particular have been angry at Cyclops for having NXS students actively fight in battles and training them for War.
    Last edited by Sardorim; 11-13-2014 at 10:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sardorim View Post
    Yet there's no point in sending a bunch of non-combat ready children to the frontlines, most of which don't even have powers that can contribute meaingfully in any battle like Eyeboy for example. Especially when the school was founded upon the ideal that they wouldn't be turning the children into Soldiers or forcing them to fight and instead would let them have a chance to be simply kids.

Not to mention that the adults have gotten in the way of the children getting into fighting and have had them sit out on big battles for their own safety.

Storm would be a horrible Headmistress if she had allowed that to happen and even if she did none of the staff would agree to sending the children, that they swore to teach and protect, into a kill zone against the Red Skull. Heck, Wolverine and Beast in particular have been angry at Cyclops for having NXS students actively fight in battles and training them for War.
    It may be just one of those end of the mutants situations where everybody has to lend a hand because if they don't there may not be a school, as all kids will be in concentration camps anyway. You don't have irresponsibility at the end of the world, and the Onslaught Red Skull intends the end of the world with Professor Charles Xavier's brain helping. Do you still think about danger to kids when an earthquake is killing everybody? Its hardly relevant or irresponsible.

It may be just one of those end of the mutants situations where everybody has to lend a hand because if they don't there may not be a school, as all kids will be in concentration camps anyway. You don't have irresponsibility at the end of the world, and the Onslaught Red Skull intends the end of the world with Professor Charles Xavier's brain helping. Do you still think about danger to kids when an earthquake is killing everybody? Its hardly relevant or irresponsible.
    If they're not inverted, then they didn't go.

Time for Dissection FlashingSabre's Avatar

THe whole point of the school is to act as a place where the kids don't have to fight for survival. Storm is NOT going to bring them to a Nazi Death Camp so they can fight a war for her.
    Cyclops was right

Quote Originally Posted by vitruvian View Post
    If they're not inverted, then they didn't go.
    Quote Originally Posted by FlashingSabre View Post
    THe whole point of the school is to act as a place where the kids don't have to fight for survival. Storm is NOT going to bring them to a Nazi Death Camp so they can fight a war for her.

That's true. We'd have to see indication of that.