Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default SDCC: Marvel Launches "Star Wars" Comics With Aaron, Cassaday, Waid and More

Marvel Comics announces three new titles set during George Lucas' "Star Wars" original trilogy.

Full article here.

♥♥عابث سولاناس♥♥ Park Slope Pixie's Avatar

Disappointing. I was hoping Gillen gets Dr. Strange, not some Star Wars book.

Ah well, nice Leia boots in the Cassaday art.

Was hoping Gillen would be on something I'm actually interested in reading. :/
    Current Favourites: Ascender, Daredevil, Department Of Truth, Haha, Immortal Hulk, Luna and Strange Academy

Recent Favourites: Coffin Bound, Faithless, Gideon Falls and She Could Fly

They/Them

Putting Cassady, known for delays, on probably your biggest book launch in years would be like putting David Finch on your first company wide crossover after a historic relaunch. Oh, wait....

Joking aside, that's some A-List talent there. You can tell Marvel knows they need to put their best foot forward here.
    Last Read: Aquaman & The Flash: Voidsong

Monthly Pull List: Alan Scott: The Green Lantern, Birds of Prey, Daredevil, Geiger, Green Arrow, Justice Ducks, Justice Society of America, Negaduck, Nightwing, Phantom Road, Shazam!, Suicide Squad: Dream Team, Thundercats, Titans

Spectacular Member

Gillen could still be on Strange. He's only got 2.5 books at the moment.

Hopefully Gillen still has room for Dr. Strange - I'd love to read that book.

I hope this Star Wars launch goes smoother than Uncanny Avengers, with regards to Cassaday keeping up. Assuming his run will be brief, I wonder who's next in line?

Spectacular Member

Also, unless he leaves the company soon, I think this pretty much confirms Remender might be the next Avengers writer.

Yeah....no.

I enjoyed darkhorse's work on the Galaxy Far Far away, But marvel is a one trick pony super hero's. There Cross gen was crap, I doubt there Star Wars will be any better.

Astonishing Member RobinFan4880's Avatar

So we are essentially getting the same titles we had before Marvel got the license?

Angsty Vader, core team post episode IV and more Leia being a bad ass?

/sigh

I will still buy all three. I need to get acquainted with the "new canon" but still, I was hoping for at least one title that was much more unique.

EDIT: Do you guys think these comics will wind up on Marvel Unlimited?

Would read all of these.
    Co-host of Get Valiant, a Valiant Comics podcast.

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

Kinda wish they had elected to do a bit more varied titles, one in the prequel era, one in the original trilogy and a third to cover the 20-30 year period between Jedi and the new films.

I knew Gillen would be on a Star Wars series, but I never thought I would be lucky enough for him to be writing a Darth Vader series My list is getting a bit bloated, but I don't know how I could pass this up. Or even his Angela series for that matter. I don't even know the character, but the creative team is amazing.
    XMenGold XMenBlue GenX Cable Iceman AstonishingXMen UncannyAvengers SpectacularSpiderMan SecretWarriors DoctorStrange
    TheFlash Nightwing Supersons TeenTitans Aquaman Deathstroke WildStorm Saga Wicked+Divine Low Descender KillorbeKilled SeventoEternity

ugh,

Maybe i get the Gillen book depending on what kind of art Sal goes with

Alright, let's launch a series set immediately after Episode IV. That's never been done.

Astonishing Member RobinFan4880's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by resipsaloquitur View Post
    Alright, let's launch a series set immediately after Episode IV. That's never been done.
    How many times have we had this? I can think of at least 3 off the top of my head.

Still, this is the first time we are seeing a post-Hope comic set in the new canon. Its a brave new world.