Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

This is good news! I'll be all over the Star Wars main title, no question. Vader intrigues me as well.

Quote Originally Posted by RobinFan4880 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Iggy Langridge View Post
    STAR WARS was basically all that I read, and shortly after Star Wars left Marvel I had pretty much stopped reading comics altogether. I checked out whatever looked interesting every now and again and kept up with comic news, but rarely bought anything because nothing looked that great to me. That said, all three of these are perfect.
    You missed out on some of the best Star Wars stories ever written if you were not reading at least some of the Dark Horse comics.
    Yeah, a lot of people say that. I've tried some of the Dark Horse Star Wars comics over the years and pretty much all of them were "Meh" to me except for THE STAR WARS, so I'm good.

And I'm a "film purist" Star Wars fan so I'm one of those people who doesn't care about the EU, so... And my love for the Marvel Star Wars comics are of course driven purely by nostalgia and not because they were great stories or anything, because they weren't.

These new Star Wars comics should be great for me though, I'm thinking.

I wonder why no one is willing to do a solo Luke Skywalker book?
    Read Hyperactive Comics on comicfury, The Duck web comics and Tapastic!!

Definitely on board for the Vader book. I will think about the main title but right now probably won't read.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

This is pretty much what I feared was going to happen when Marvel got the rights back. Nothing even remotaly out of the box here. Original trilogy characters in original trilogy setting ....... whatever. Dark Horse took chances and put out some of the best Star Wars comic stuff period. I am going to miss seeing things like Legacy, Dark Times, and Knights of the Old Republic or anything that is even a little outside the safe takes on the property.

The circle is now complete...

SDCC 2014: Inside Marvel's New Star Wars Comics - Exclusive | StarWars.com

...and let me go and actually read what I'm linking to.

Astonishing Member RobinFan4880's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Metaltron View Post
    Good point, but once the film is close to release it'll be in their interest to cover that period seeing as it's all new and shiny.

Also whilst I respect the originals will always be the most loved it would be nice to do a series in the Prequel era, plenty of characters to work with.

The big question of course is... Star Wars and Marvel crossover?
    I am sure we will probably get a Dark Times-era novel in addition to a kid-oriented Rebels tie-in comic.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

What does this mean for JUPITER'S LEGACY, though? We're still waiting on Cassaday to finish up.

Astonishing Member RobinFan4880's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    What does this mean for JUPITER'S LEGACY, though? We're still waiting on Cassaday to finish up.
    This is Marvel we are talking abot, Artists stick around for an arc, then scurry off to another project.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    What's Cassaday got to do with it? I thought Frank Quitely was the artist or have I missed something (Cassaday replacing Quitely for example)?

Extraordinary Member

I am going to be really interested in seeing how this sells for Marvel.

The Dark Horse stuff was widely recognized as some of the best stuff done
    with the characters and setting.

This doesn't look to be doing anything that they weren't doing the last time Marvel had the rights.

All-New Member

These look great, but sadly explains why a lot (not all) of the monthly Marvel books have such lacklustre art at the moment - Marvels A list artists are being syphoned off to work on the Star Wars line instead.

X-Fan & Marvel Collector

Quote Originally Posted by Mathieu B View Post
    I knew Gillen would be on a Star Wars series, but I never thought I would be lucky enough for him to be writing a Darth Vader series My list is getting a bit bloated, but I don't know how I could pass this up. Or even his Angela series for that matter. I don't even know the character, but the creative team is amazing.
    Same. I have very little interest in the new Disney EU, but I don't know if I can pass up an in-canon Gillen Vader title.
    Do you read comics in TPBs, HCs, and omnibuses - or are just not sure where to start? Check out my definitive guides to DC (including Rebirth!), Valiant Comics, and Marvel - including every X-Men and Avengers team and each Marvel Event.

You'll find definitive reading guides including every issue of every major Marvel hero and team, like Black Panther, Captain America, Captain/Ms. Marvel, Daredevil, Deadpool, Spider-Man, & and more!

Quote Originally Posted by Likewater View Post
    Yeah....no.

I enjoyed darkhorse's work on the Galaxy Far Far away, But marvel is a one trick pony super hero's. There Cross gen was crap, I doubt there Star Wars will be any better.
    Wow, I had forgotten that Disney via marvel had revived the Crossgen universe. I remember all the "big plans" and all the hype they made. and where is Crossgen now?

Pretty sure anything Dark Horse has ever done will shortly be regarded as fan fiction by Marvel so...
    Yes, Disney has already stated that ALL videogames too are out of continuity. All games before the new one that is being develop at the moment are out of continuity. So no more Knight of the Old Republic, Shadows of the empire and other great games.

Quote Originally Posted by Wally West View Post

It's all canon going forward. There is actually a story group at lucasfilm now that oversees everything
    eehhh..there has always been a group at lucasfilms that oversees everything.

Yeah anything outside of that line like for example the Dark Horse comics and the numerous prose novels for things like Jedi Academy are now considered 'legends' which means they may or may not be utilised, so Mara Jade or the Solo clan or Admiral Thawn may or may not exist.
    Correct. and I doubt we will ever see Mara jade again. So far no mention of her in the new film.

Quote Originally Posted by RobinFan4880 View Post
    You missed out on some of the best Star Wars stories ever written if you were not reading at least some of the Dark Horse comics.
    True. the KOTOR comic was GREAT! Zayne Carrick was an awesome character. Even their only crossover ever was great! they made a story that started in KOTOR when trought the films and ended in Legacy.

Speaking of Legacy, Darth Krayt was great. or the fact that one of the Solo kids became a sith.

The big question of course is... Star Wars and Marvel crossover?
    The big question is: When are we going to see Spiderman teaming up with the new daughter of Luke, and Phineas to take out Red Skull, Vader, and the doctor that appears in their cartoon.

Quote Originally Posted by Crunch C. View Post
    I wonder why no one is willing to do a solo Luke Skywalker book?
    Well, at the Cup O' Joe panel they said (of STAR WARS: PRINCESS LEIA)...

Alonso noted that the five-issue series will be the first in an ongoing run of Star Wars mini series.
    ...so I wouldn't be surprised to see a Luke mini at some point.

And I imagine the reason Marvel isn't doing one straight away is because Del Rey has that "Star Wars: Heir to the Jedi" novel coming up next year, and that's starring Luke and it's set between A New Hope and Empire.