Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

still no Peter Parker , The Spectacular Spider-man

Quote Originally Posted by Iowa View Post
    still no Peter Parker , The Spectacular Spider-man

No, the series will end with issue #313 and is replaced with Friends Neighborhood Spider-Man

Quote Originally Posted by WebSlingWonder View Post
    No, the series will end with issue #313 and is replaced with Friends Neighborhood Spider-Man
    I was , and still am actually , hoping it gets relaunched , rebooted or resomething

but I have to admit , it's starting to look pretty dim

I was , and still am actually , hoping it gets relaunched , rebooted or resomething

Yeah, I was hoping for the same thing. Spectacular Spider-Man is an essential Spider-Man comic in my opinion.

Honestly, since Zdarsky wasn't coming back, and they were definitely gonna relaunch the series with a new writer and new number 1, I don't mind they changed the title. It's basically gonna be the same kind of satellite book Spectacular was, just now called Friendly Neighbourhood.

Quote Originally Posted by Inversed View Post
    Honestly, since Zdarsky wasn't coming back, and they were definitely gonna relaunch the series with a new writer and new number 1, I don't mind they changed the title. It's basically gonna be the same kind of satellite book Spectacular was, just now called Friendly Neighbourhood.
    same, same but different. as they say in thailand
    troo fan or death

I'm actually kind of surprised they didn't keep Spec around and just give it a new creative team and purpose, but I guess satellites with rapidly shifting directions and creative teams only really works with Detective and Action Comics.

How can those two be called satellites when they launched before Batman and Superman?
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    How can those two be called satellites when they launched before Batman and Superman?
    Because the Superhero-titled books are now generally viewed more as the "flagship" title then the other books are, although Action is sometimes handled more like the flagship Superman book.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Because the Superhero-titled books are now generally viewed more as the "flagship" title then the other books are, although Action is sometimes handled more like the flagship Superman book.
    Yeah, Action Comics as always felt like the "main" book while Superman is the secondary one, although Batman has always felt like the "main" with Detective Comics as its secondary.

BANNED

Yeah, Action Comics as always felt like the "main" book while Superman is the secondary one, although Batman has always felt like the "main" with Detective Comics as its secondary.
    I recall a lot of fans were complaining about how self-contained Detective and Batman seemed to be during "Rebirth", especially during the phase where Bruce was engaged to Selina. I think only Birds of Prey ever truly referenced that development in the Bat-line outside of what King was doing on Batman

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    I recall a lot of fans were complaining about how self-contained Detective and Batman seemed to be during "Rebirth", especially during the phase where Bruce was engaged to Selina. I think only Birds of Prey ever truly referenced that development in the Bat-line outside of what King was doing on Batman
    Yea I noticed that, and even then in Birds Of Prey it was only ever subtle hints and never outright said. King's Batman was basically doing its own thing in general and completely ignored what was going on in all the other books as well. I didn't mind because both books were good in their own ways, although now it seems like there's alot more interconnectivity between everything going on.

Its always a juggling act when different creatives teams work on main and satellite books, and how much one plot development effects/or impacts the story they want to tell. Something like Kelly's Spider-Man/Deadpool doesn't effect Amazing Spider-Man at all, but it's still a very good story in its own right. And Spectacular's biggest surprise was that it was able to include a major plot development that carried into Amazing.

Yea I noticed that, and even then in Birds Of Prey it was only ever subtle hints and never outright said. King's Batman was basically doing its own thing in general and completely ignored what was going on in all the other books as well. I didn't mind because both books were good in their own ways, although now it seems like there's alot more interconnectivity between everything going on.
    Actually I'd say the lack of interconnectivity was one of the bigger issues of the Batfamily of titles during Rebirth. It just didn't feel like development, status quo's, or characters in other books were as felt or important as they could have been since everything was so secluded and insular.

You forgot:

MARVEL SUPER HERO ADVENTURES: SPIDER-MAN – WEB OF INTRIGUE #1
    JEFF LOVENESS AND MORE! (W) MARIO DELPENNINO AND MORE! (A)
    Cover by JACOB CHABOT
    • Power is a great responsibility but it’s a weight easier carried with friends!
    • So, what happens when your friendly neighborhood Spider-Man meets up with his favorite Spider-Pals, Miles, Gwen and Anya?
    • Hijinks, hilarity and heroism of course!
    32 PGS./All Ages …$3.99
    https://img.purch.com/h/1400/aHR0cDo...E1NDI3MzM4Njc=

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Chan View Post
    You forgot:

MARVEL SUPER HERO ADVENTURES: SPIDER-MAN – WEB OF INTRIGUE #1
    JEFF LOVENESS AND MORE! (W) MARIO DELPENNINO AND MORE! (A)
    Cover by JACOB CHABOT
    • Power is a great responsibility but it’s a weight easier carried with friends!
    So, what happens when your friendly neighborhood Spider-Man meets up with his favorite Spider-Pals, Miles, Gwen and Anya?
    • Hijinks, hilarity and heroism of course!
    32 PGS./All Ages …$3.99
    https://img.purch.com/h/1400/aHR0cDo...E1NDI3MzM4Njc=
    I found that line amusing if only because Peter hardly ever interacts with these "Spider-Pals" in the main continuity .