Incredible Member

Default Current Thanos vs Current Darkseid

Who more powerful these days in the comics.

Any reason to believe current Thanos is weaker than typical?

I know he got stabbed in fairly hum drum fashion recently but I have ZERO context for it.
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Arbiter View Post

I know he got stabbed in fairly hum drum fashion recently but I have ZERO context for it.
    I think he's starting to be more bothered by single characters as his appearances have increased in recent years for obvious reasons, but he's still a team-up required threat like in Hickman comics when he could fight more than one Thor Corp guy at a time or hold off the entire Avengers until his son Pokeballed him.

Darkseid is way more in flux currently. His fistfight with the Anti-Monitor was shown as bad enough the entire Justice League could only watch it, and he could fight the entire Justice League at once when several were God versions of themselves, even if he was powered-up and a puppet at the time.

Then Darkseid War ended and somebody should tell you next what's up with Titans and Wonder Woman's brother, I'm not caught up.

Curren Darkseid is a powerless amnesiac teenager trying to "find himself" so yeah...

Quote Originally Posted by Wildling View Post
    I think he's starting to be more bothered by single characters as his appearances have increased in recent years for obvious reasons, but he's still a team-up required threat like in Hickman comics when he could fight more than one Thor Corp guy at a time or hold off the entire Avengers until his son Pokeballed him.

Darkseid is way more in flux currently. His fistfight with the Anti-Monitor was shown as bad enough the entire Justice League could only watch it, and he could fight the entire Justice League at once when several were God versions of themselves, even if he was powered-up and a puppet at the time.

Then Darkseid War ended and somebody should tell you next what's up with Titans and Wonder Woman's brother, I'm not caught up.
    Prior to the wonder woman stuff Darkseid was turning into something real potent. He had bonded with/ become Superwoman's (from Crime syndicate) son, who had the Mazahs' (his dad, evil Shazam) power of absorbing godly power, which was kinda impressive in that the powers he absorbed were otherwise soloing large groups of GLs and/or one shotting people who were soloing GLs and JL

He wasn't just stopping taking on the JL, he was also taking on large number of GLs at the same time and walking through the damage unscathed

Then he became a child again, absorbed all the Olympian godly power and was nuking Themsycira before the writers remembered this is modern day Darkseid lol and made him lose all that power because he had also absorbed the "love" of the gods as well and Darkseid is evil, so he went full Quirrel and exploded from all the lovin
    Last edited by The Dork Knight; 11-20-2018 at 09:40 PM.

It wasn’t hum drum fashion considering it was Gamora with the power gem who beheaded him
    Quote Originally Posted by The Arbiter View Post

Thanos is currently more powerful as Darkseid is recovering after getting sailor moon’d
    Brad Pitt for Grifter in a WildCATS movie

So currently thanos was strong enough to beat future thanos who had made a herald of galactus ghost rider his lackey, killed the marvel heroes and mostly everything in the universe and a mjolnir carrying, annihilation wave controlling silver surfer.

Darkseid is in Justice league odyssey and beat the team of cyborg Azrael Starfire ans jessica Cruz But isn’t back to RIDIC levels

And oh yea thanos got murdered by Requiem aka Gamora using the power gem.

If we wanna count starlin’s thanos currently, he got another power up that makes him a multiversal threat possibly, idk it’s weird
    Brad Pitt for Grifter in a WildCATS movie

BANNED

wonder if Jim starlins story was really ripped by Cates as his also is basically the same story where thanos kills the cosmic entities and all life just like he did in thanos wins and a future version of thanos is shown to be involved.