Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default SDCC LIVE: Cup O Joe with Quesada, Bendis, Slott and More

The senior staff of Marvel Comics takes the stage for a lively Q&A, and CBR is on hand LIVE with continuing updates.

Full article here.

The Trial of Hank McCoy

ohhh lord.

this should drive people crazy

LOL at the trial of Hank McCoy. Give me a seat in the front row.

I'm guessing that's what Gillen left Iron Man for.

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

A fan wanted Dazzler to get her own solo series again, to which Bendis replied "The X-Men find their way into solo series faster than any other titles" so fans who want to see any supporting cast member get a bump should be vocal about it.
    Ok everyone shut their eyes and whisper 'Kitty Pryde and Lockheed' as much as possible...

Wow, the Marvel comics side of things have been a bit... underwhelming. Only 2 new Marvel series announced (not counting the Star Wars titles), one being a relaunch. I'm certain they'll make up for it on the movie end.
    currently reading: Dept. H, Hellboy in Hell, Kaijumax, Moon Knight

Bendis doesn't show up at many comic cons anymore so I'm glad he came to this one. I hope that the whole plot with O5 Angel and X-23 will help get into the whole Arcangel plot. X-23 had to fight Arcangel at one point. I think she would be in a good position to help him deal with this if necessary.

But his comments on Ultimate are getting old. A year ago, he said everybody was going to be talking about Ultimate before Cataclysm. It happened and it was sub-par at best. Now since then, one book is getting cancelled and one book is rumored for cancellation. Seriously, how are we supposed to get excited about a series that only ever gets attention by killing major characters?

Love the plans for Star Wars. Love that Marvel is putting their top talent on it. Kieron Gillen was definitely at the top of my list as writers I wanted to see take on Star Wars. For what he did with Uncanny X-men and Uber, I don't think there's a better man for the job.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Superior Spider-fan Agent Scarlet's Avatar

As excited as I am for a Star Wars by Aaron and Cassaday, I really want a book more than once every 3-4 months...

Also Ultimate line news yay! hopefully more books, at least one X related.

Very underwhelming panel.

Quote Originally Posted by Sasquatch by Night View Post
    Wow, the Marvel comics side of things have been a bit... underwhelming. Only 2 new Marvel series announced (not counting the Star Wars titles), one being a relaunch. I'm certain they'll make up for it on the movie end.
    I think we will see some new series announcements with the Spiderman panel?

Quote Originally Posted by chachi View Post
    I think we will see some new series announcements with the Spiderman panel?
    Spider-Panel was yesterday, though they did say something would be announced at the Women of Marvel panel tomorrow

I would enjoy a Maria Hill solo book. It'd would be interesting to read her inner monologue and see the psyche of a character and why she does these controversial things.
    Favourite DC Characters: Supergirl, Pandora, Red Lantern Bleez, Larfleeze
    BRING BACK PANDORA!

http://i.imgur.com/fq7hazv.png

Hyped for Pokémon Sun and Moon! Nickname your Sun Legend after me!

"There are two main times when comic book fans gripe: When something changes and when something stays the same."
    Cyborg is a Leaguer forever, not a Titan

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelMaster616 View Post
    Bendis doesn't show up at many comic cons anymore so I'm glad he came to this one.

But his comments on Ultimate are getting old. A year ago, he said everybody was going to be talking about Ultimate before Cataclysm. It happened and it was sub-par at best. Now since then, one book is getting cancelled and one book is rumored for cancellation. Seriously, how are we supposed to get excited about a series that only ever gets attention by killing major characters?
    Yeah. Bendis doesn't show up physically, but I remember that they called him up in the past years for a voice chat during the panels that involved him. Was it just because he lived too far? I forget.

Also, I agree about the Ultimates, somewhat. Used to be if someone (like that young woman at the panel) asked where they should start when trying to read Marvel comics, the panelist would reply with the Ultimates comic line. I feel like that comic line has now lost its purpose.

-Miles Morales stuff, yeah!
    -Ultimate Universe... Please get better soon
    -Marvel Zombies return? HELL YEAH!!
    -Angel and X-23 should be cool, although the Archangel stuff sounds cool
    -Trial of Hank McCoy sounds really interesting, Bendis really likes law
    -Can't wait to see All-new X-men traveling the multiverse.
    -Dazzler ongoing could be cool.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Dusk View Post
    Yeah. Bendis doesn't show up physically, but I remember that they called him up in the past years for a voice chat during the panels that involved him. Was it just because he lived too far? I forget.

Also, I agree about the Ultimates, somewhat. Used to be if someone (like that young woman at the panel) asked where they should start when trying to read Marvel comics, the panelist would reply with the Ultimates comic line. I feel like that comic line has now lost its purpose.
    He doesn't go to cons so he can spend more time with his family.