Default WEB OF VENOM: CARNAGE BORN Preview and Spoilers

So: Web of Venom: CARNAGE BORN is out today, and GOD IS CARNAGE

Preview:
    https://www.newsarama.com/42748-god-...1-preview.html
    Spoilers:
    spoilers:

So: It has both 2 Flashback Stories and a Current Story:

Flashbacks to Cletus's Origin are shown in the Preview, and Cates makes Cletus a Nightmare inline with someone like Freddy Krueger

However: It also explains just how the Cult were able to obtain the Body of Cletus Kasady after the events of Venomised- Poison Carnage from Venomised was reversed, He fell back to earth and the Poison was destroyed as his body was badly burned, but as he did this, the Carnage Symbiote covered him, protecting him Even after the Darkhold Curse gave the Symbiote immunity to sound and fire, it burned and its pain must have been excruciating, before it died. The Carnage Symbiote died. And when he landed moments later, so did Kasady. Locals found his body and turned it over to the proper authorities, He was so badly burned, he was identifiable only by Dental Records, and his name sent several hundred red flags screaming on the top of Every Agency’s Watchlists, But the Cult that revive him- They watch the watchlists, they stole his Body back, and took it somewhere where they could use Knull and more symbiotes to resurrect GOD'S DARK CARNAGE. Once revived, Kasady kills the person responsible for his revival to consume part of their symbiote, reverting back to his old colour and look, before planning to aid Knull in his return, by absorbing every trace of symbiotes, in everyone who ever carried them, setting up Carnage to go on a killing spree once again, and face off with just about every major player in the Marvel Universe, from Spiderman and Venom, to Deadpool and Wolverine and even Groot and Silver Surfer.
    end of spoilers
    end of spoilers
    Pull List:
    DC: Batman, Nightwing, Red Hood: Outlaw, Detective Comics, Superman, Action Comics, Young Justice, Legion of Superheroes, John Constantine: Hellblazer, Batman Beyond, Dark Nights: Death Metal
    MARVEL: Fantastic Four, Daredevil, The Immortal Hulk, Venom, Web of Venom, Dawn of X
    BOOM STUDIOS: Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Willow, Angel and Spike
    DARK HORSE: Bill and Ted are doomed.
    IMAGE: The Walking Dead: Deluxe

BANNED

Kinda of having same thoughts like u so i am not going say anything much more . It was really awesome issue and i hope we will get see him more on next issue .

Astonishing Member Godzilla2099's Avatar

This was the only issue Cates did that I wasn't a fan of.

1. I really don't like Cletus being some Freddy Krueger Prophet for Knull.

2. So much really didn't make sense here

spoilers:

- Why is Scorn Evil?
    - So the Carnage Symbiote is really dead and Cletus absorbed the Grendel and Scorn Symbiote? But it turns into Carnage?
    - I never saw Knull as 'Evil." Knull was an old god that wanted Darkness and Silence. Carnage is about chaos. Wouldn't Knull be against this?
    end of spoilers

Thumbs up

spoilers:
    I hated the convoluted explanation for Carnage's (the Symbiote part) return. Why couldn't a portion of the actual Carnage Symbiote have survived and remained dormant in Cletus's dead body rather than the whole absorption crap? Why did Knull act so OOC? Why was Scorn evil? Otherwise, it was an okay story although by far the weakest (as well as silliest) Venom tale since Eddie became Big V again.
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by Celgress; 11-21-2018 at 03:53 PM.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

I should mention that "chaos" originally meant "void" or "without form," not necessarily "without order." The primordial chaos is really a massive void that predates existence as we know it, and thus Carnage's obsession with chaos makes some degree of sense as tied in with Knull, the progenitor god of the symbiotes. That being said . . .

spoilers:
    I really do not like how Scorn was (mis)used here. And with no explanation, either.
    end of spoilers
    The spider is always on the hunt.

More eldritch than thou Venomous Mask's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    I should mention that "chaos" originally meant "void" or "without form," not necessarily "without order." The primordial chaos is really a massive void that predates existence as we know it, and thus Carnage's obsession with chaos makes some degree of sense as tied in with Knull, the progenitor god of the symbiotes. That being said . . .

spoilers:
    I really do not like how Scorn was (mis)used here. And with no explanation, either.
    end of spoilers
    I don't like how she was used here either, both by how she inexplicably became evil, nor how she died so quickly. Her cybernetic abilities made her quite unique from other symbiotes and she had alot of character potential. Her death honestly reminded my of Remender casually killing off Scream and Hybrid.

That beings said, I overall liked the story, with the idea that Kasady felt that he was liberating people when he killed them, and that Carnage is some symbol for the violent, cosmic circle and death and rebirth. When it comes to him absorbing the other symbiote codexes, I wonder if there will be any mention of the original Planet of the Symbiotes storyline, as when he absorbed the invading symbiotes to become larger, he had to have been absorbing their codexes as well.
    "I should describe my known nature as tripartite, my interests consisting of three parallel and disassociated groups; a) love of the strange and the fantastic, b) love of abstract truth and scientific logic, c) love of the ancient and the permanent. Sundry combinations of these strains will probably account for my...odd tastes, and eccentricities."