Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    So in other words-it will never come out because what is the best time??

You don't delay a book when everyone else is putting out better material that could take potential readers away. Or when your competition is about to brow beat everyone with Wolverine and X-Men stuff for the next 6 months.

One chance??? If they have that low of an opinion of the team-how about another arc in Detective? Or a mini? So a team with Batman, BL who has a SHOW & Katanna, DC's top selling at one time female of color (Cass) and DC's top selling male of color (Duke)-only gets one shot? That is not a team of chumps.
    I suspect it's possible they plan a relaunch for many Batfamily comics (many of these comic sales are relatively low). So, maybe they're wainting for that time.

DC knows Batman sells well, so "Batman and the Outsaiders" sales are going to be good. However, the group has to be more profitable than other possible groups with Batman (or they can just put Batman in other group).

Black Lightning has a show, but this hardly will benefit the sales. Even successful show does not usually increase sales of a comic (since it is difficult for new fans to enter on comics).

PS: Is Duke the top selling male of color? I mean "Batman and the Signal" sold very well, but it was a book with Batman. So, I don't know how popular is Duke.

Quote Originally Posted by Green Lantern wannabe View Post
    I liked the series when it came out, way back when. Can anyone give me a flavor of what it's like now?
    Sorry, I'm not sure what you're asking here.
    You are my favorite thing, Peter. My very favorite thing.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    Unfortunate, Bryan Hill tweeted about wanting to make sure they launch the book right, because they only get one chance. So if the delay is to make sure the the story is better, I don't mind.
    Oh, that makes sense then.

Because of-course it is. I was looking forward to this. Somehow also not surprised this is delayed.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    So in other words-it will never come out because what is the best time??

You don't delay a book when everyone else is putting out better material that could take potential readers away. Or when your competition is about to brow beat everyone with Wolverine and X-Men stuff for the next 6 months.

One chance??? If they have that low of an opinion of the team-how about another arc in Detective? Or a mini? So a team with Batman, BL who has a SHOW & Katanna, DC's top selling at one time female of color (Cass) and DC's top selling male of color (Duke)-only gets one shot? That is not a team of chumps.
    DC is going to release 3 Jokers, Last Knight, The Batman who Laughs, Superman Year One, Tec 1000, Curse of the White Knight plus whatever events Snyder, Bendis and King have planned for the summer. A delayed Outsiders isn't going to shatter their market, lets be serious here.

And I dont remember We are Robin being a top selling title, it was a bomb, putting Duke and top selling in the same sentence is a joke. I think maybe you shouldn't mix Batman's success with Dukes.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Armor of God View Post
    And I dont remember We are Robin being a top selling title, it was a bomb, putting Duke and top selling in the same sentence is a joke.
    Concidering how poorly DC's other "male of color" sell, being the top selling does anyway not mean much ...

I think the Batline is I store for a relaunch, so my guess this was pushed back to be part of that.

BANNED

If this is true then the Batline will probably be relaunching as a result of whatever King is planning that will culminate in 75 out in July. So new books will be released from August and onwards. Thats a long break if true.

Fantastic Member

If this is true then the Batline will probably be relaunching as a result of whatever King is planning that will culminate in 75 out in July. So new books will be released from August and onwards. Thats a long break if true.
    I have a dreadful feeling Ric Grayson would live by then.

Quote Originally Posted by Konja7 View Post
    What are you talking about?

Batgirl (Barbara Gordon) was working with Black Lightning and Orphan on Tec (when Duke was injured).

That's probably the doubt of Dignified.
    My apologies, I haven't been reading Detective Comics for a while and had not realized they had used Barbara in that.

Quote Originally Posted by Konja7 View Post
    PS: It's still charming that you take every oportunity to mention that Stephanie wasn't Batgirl on current continuity, but it would be better if it is related to the topic.
    Steph had been used previously in Detective Comics, and I thought she was possibly who was being referred to with the "Batgirl" reference, so it was related to the topic.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    My apologies, I haven't been reading Detective Comics for a while and had not realized they had used Barbara in that.

Steph had been used previously in Detective Comics, and I thought she was possibly who was being referred to with the "Batgirl" reference, so it was related to the topic.
    I'm sorry. My PS was unnecesary.

Astonishing Member

I hear King is planning something, it's possible this was an event that relaunch the Batline.

Currently, the sales of Batline are relatively low. A relaunch and new directions can help to increase the sales (at least for a time).

That would explain why "Batman and the Outsiders" is delayed.

The batline is going to be relaunched as a result of something King is planning. That really doesn't sound good at all. Of all the creators to pick it's the one who does not create.

This is just the worst. It's bad enough we have to suffer because he increased the no of issues in his Bat run now this. What do the higher ups see in this guy that they give him so much power?
    Over 2 years he has been on Batman and aside from Ric, the fact that Bruce still talks to his mother and Joker made batman what else has this man added to the story. He made Selina marketable again so that's something I admit but that's not enough to allow him this much
    Last edited by Fergus; 11-22-2018 at 10:34 AM.

BANNED

Selina's only marketable for as long as people are still holding on to hope King marries her and Bruce off eventually. If his run ends and that doesn't happen, her sales are going to slide

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Fergus View Post
    The batline is going to be relaunched as a result of something King is planning. That really doesn't sound good at all. Of all the creators to pick it's the one who does not create.

This is just the worst. It's bad enough we have to suffer because he increased the no of issues in his Bat run now this. What do the higher ups see in this guy that they give him so much power?
    To be clear, even if DC is planning the relaunch Batline and uses the event of King for this (which isn't confirmed), King would only make in the event. The idea for each comic of Batline would be from editorial (not King).

Batman of King is selling pretty good, that's why DC trust him. Also, the critiques tend to be pretty good.

PS: I don't like King's work on Batman either.