Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

The year's not quite over yet and I voted prematurely. If it's possible to change a vote, please subtract my vote for Mister Miracle, the series that I took so personally, and replace it with Heroes in Crisis, which is absolutely destroying me.

Could have voted MM, Doomsday Clock, Snyder's Justice League, King's Batman, Russell's Snagglepuss, or Way's Doom Patrol. They're each some of my favorite comic runs of all time. But with the benefit of the latest issue of Heroes in Crisis, I can safely say that with the three issues we've gotten it has surpassed the others as my favorite book of 2018. It may be my top book of 2019 too though Batman and Doomsday Clock are incredible to me.

I've heard a few fans in my LCS complain King writes the same story again and again. For them that's a negative and they're sick of it. But for me, even though Vision, Batman, Mister Miracle, and Heroes in Crisis are all to do with exploring trauma, I can't get enough. I take his writing so personally. He's become like the comic book writing version of my forever-favorite playwright, Samuel Beckett, who also explored the same themes in every single one of his plays.

Doomsday Clock.

Every issue is an incredibly rich work of art.
    WHO DAT?!!

Quote Originally Posted by BatmanJones View Post
    The year's not quite over yet and I voted prematurely. If it's possible to change a vote, please subtract my vote for Mister Miracle, the series that I took so personally, and replace it with Heroes in Crisis, which is absolutely destroying me.

Could have voted MM, Doomsday Clock, Snyder's Justice League, King's Batman, Russell's Snagglepuss, or Way's Doom Patrol. They're each some of my favorite comic runs of all time. But with the benefit of the latest issue of Heroes in Crisis, I can safely say that with the three issues we've gotten it has surpassed the others as my favorite book of 2018. It may be my top book of 2019 too though Batman and Doomsday Clock are incredible to me.

I've heard a few fans in my LCS complain King writes the same story again and again. For them that's a negative and they're sick of it. But for me, even though Vision, Batman, Mister Miracle, and Heroes in Crisis are all to do with exploring trauma, I can't get enough. I take his writing so personally. He's become like the comic book writing version of my forever-favorite playwright, Samuel Beckett, who also explored the same themes in every single one of his plays.
    I think I may need another issue to decide on that since so little happened in the first few issues, but it's definitely picking up.

It has been very entertaining to follow at least.
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.
    -Dick Grayson (Batman Inc.)

(Formerly ilash) Ilan Preskovsky's Avatar

Super easy: Mister Miracle.

I've also very much enjoyed Bendis on Superman and Doomsday Clock is Geoff Johns working on a whole other level but, man, you just can't beat that King/ Gerads masterpiece.
    Check out my blog, Because Everyone Else Has One, for my regularly updated movie reviews.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by BatmanJones View Post

Out of curiosity, what about HiC has absolutely destroyed you? Not much has actually happened yet.

Red Hood and The Outlaws.

Amazing Member

Batman, especially the last 6 months. Honorable mentions to Justice League, Justice League Dark, and Action Comics. The Suicide Squad: Hell to Pay digital weekly was surprisingly good too. I will check out some of the picks here, especially Terrifics, New Superman, Doom Patrol, and Batgirl. I have to catch up on Mr. Miracle and Hawkman, as well as Creature of the Night.

(Formerly ilash) Ilan Preskovsky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TheJudge95 View Post
    Batman, especially the last 6 months. Honorable mentions to Justice League, Justice League Dark, and Action Comics. The Suicide Squad: Hell to Pay digital weekly was surprisingly good too. I will check out some of the picks here, especially Terrifics, New Superman, Doom Patrol, and Batgirl. I have to catch up on Mr. Miracle and Hawkman, as well as Creature of the Night.
    Yeah, whatever happened to that? I'm waiting for the collection either way but isn't there one more issue to go at least, with the last one coming out months ago?
    Check out my blog, Because Everyone Else Has One, for my regularly updated movie reviews.

The Silencer.

And I'm proud of it.

Mister Miracle. it was incredible from start to finish.

Although Doomsday clock is insanely good too.

And Batman. Batman is mostly amazing.

What a great year!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mar-Vell View Post
    Doomsday Clock.

Every issue is an incredibly rich work of art.
    My vote too.

Exit Stage Left tied with Mister Miracle.

After that, Batman, then Hawkman, then the following in no order: Flash, The Green Lantern, Batwoman, Justice League Dark, Batman Beyond, Supergirl, The Terrifics, Catwoman.
    You are my favorite thing, Peter. My very favorite thing.

I'm at least a C-Lister! exile001's Avatar

Batman. It is phenomenal.

Mr Miracle is a close second. It is fantastic work, but when I sit down with my pile of books, knowing both will be great, every time I picked up Batman first and Mr Miracle second.
    "Has Sariel summoned you here, Azrael? Have you come to witness the miracle of your brethren arriving on Earth?"

"I WILL MIX THE ASHES OF YOUR BONES WITH SALT AND USE THEM TO ENSURE THE EARTH THE TEMPLARS TILLED NEVER BEARS FRUIT AGAIN!"

"*sigh* I hoped it was for the miracle."

Dan Watters' Azrael was incredible, a constant delight and perhaps too good for this world (but not the Forth). For the love of St. Dumas, DC, give us more!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Vinsanity View Post
    Red Hood & The Outlaws - No joke, it has been the best ongoing for me this year
    I see a man of culture.

Quote Originally Posted by exile001 View Post
    Batman. It is phenomenal.

Mr Miracle is a close second. It is fantastic work, but when I sit down with my pile of books, knowing both will be great, every time I picked up Batman first and Mr Miracle second.
    I agree completely. If it's allowed I'd like to change my vote again. The latest issue of Batman put it over the top for me though I've loved every issue since I Am Suicide.

My vote was Mister Miracle, then it was Heroes in Crisis, now it's Batman. I guess there's a pretty obvious trend there.