Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    That's what makes it fun! Ricochet Rita's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteQueenEmmaFrost View Post
    pretty much all of Non-American ones are uncut. <3_ <3
    Correct. Actually, what I find odd is circumcised men.

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteQueenEmmaFrost View Post
    Storm makes promises to protect people and then abandons those responsibilities to screw around with the Xmen until she comes back and "omg what happened?"
    Correct, though I don't think it's just a Storm flaw: (super)heroes in general make too much promises.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ricochet Rita View Post
    Correct. Actually, what I find odd is circumcised men.
    lol right!?

Quote Originally Posted by Ricochet Rita View Post
    Correct, though I don't think it's just a Storm flaw: (super)heroes in general make too much promises.
    It's something that writers do over and over again with Storm...the same way they kill off masses of students when Emma is a teacher, make Jean the Phoenix again, or all the collateral damage Wolverine inflicts. It's a writers flaw, but it happens to the Character so it becomes part of their decision making issues.

Fantastic Member SchismOfMadroces's Avatar

Jean's dismissive "you're just a man" line to Scott from Whedon's Astonishing (flashback to DPS either just before or after the butte-sex) was really unpleasant. It really reminded me of someone I knew that, whenever someone would talk about their problems, always had to butt in to say how they had it way worse.

oh sweet gawd I can't believe I forgot about Paige losing her damn mind and "dating" Toad.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    oh sweet gawd I can't believe I forgot about Paige losing her damn mind and "dating" Toad.
    Oh come on you'd be tempted to know what he can do with that tongue lol

Quote Originally Posted by Dante Milton View Post
    Emma, the Storm body-swap grossness.
    Also constant retcons to her past in an attempt to woobify her. Not really a character flaw, just writers being stupid. Don't change the past, keep moving forward, dammit!
    Wolfsbane, the Elixir relationship, letting Rictor think the baby was his.
    Also can be a bit judgemental depending on how much bible she has had for the day. Still love my Rahney.

I don't mind flaws or characters making mistakes as long as it makes sense in the context of the story.
    Last edited by SneakyLookingSort; 11-28-2018 at 07:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by SchismOfMadroces View Post
    Jean's dismissive "you're just a man" line to Scott from Whedon's Astonishing (flashback to DPS either just before or after the butte-sex) was really unpleasant. It really reminded me of someone I knew that, whenever someone would talk about their problems, always had to butt in to say how they had it way worse.
    I'm drawing complete blank. You sure it was in Astonishing?

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    I'm drawing complete blank. You sure it was in Astonishing?
    It's the first couple of pages of Astonishing X-Men #14 during the Cassandra Nova arc.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    my fave character has no flaw hence why she is the all-goddess. perfect in every way, form, and fashion. so no reason to recoil.

praise the goddess!!
    Forgive me but....

A powerless Storm was the leader of both the X-Men & Morlocks when both groups suffered heavy losses to the Marauders during the mutant massacre. IIRC, it was only afterwards that she sought Forge out to get her powers back. She never should have remained active field leader after Cyclops & Xavier left the team.

Also....Storm letting Logan.....smash.

It's the first couple of pages of Astonishing X-Men #14 during the Cassandra Nova arc.

Normally I can't find anything online when I try to dig up references. This one came fast.

Annnnnd... I can't find the pages that follow this exchange. It's funny that Scott thinks his "uncontrollable power" is similar to what Jean has at her disposal. It's funny that he thinks the stress of containing that power is anything similar to the discipline she's had to work with in order to deal with even minor psychic talent. I'm interested how Whedon bridges the gender dissonance, cause I sort of see it... but I'm not willing to derail at this point.
    Last edited by CRaymond; 11-28-2018 at 09:48 AM.

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

Rachel's hair, whining about Jean when she was dead, and overall her being a walking punching bag for the villain du jour in most books, but X-Men Pyrite consistently. #RIP12.19.18
    Illyana going from corrupted souless creature with memories to this typical American teenage girl routine
    Storm being saddled with incompetent writers requiring her to be reliant on useless people or hammers
    Cable being constantly rewritten and made over so he's completely unrecognizable.
    Iceman sounding like Laganja Extranja in his books.
    Deadpool being an x-character.

Quote Originally Posted by CRaymond View Post

Normally I can't find anything online when I try to dig up references. This one came fast.

Annnnnd... I can't find the pages that follow this exchange. It's funny that Scott thinks his "uncontrollable power" is similar to what Jean has at her disposal. It's funny that he thinks the stress of containing that power is anything similar to the discipline she's had to work with in order to deal with even minor psychic talent. I'm interested how Whedon bridges the gender dissonance, cause I sort of see it... but I'm not willing to derail at this point.
    Whedon like any male writer after Morrison had the same idea: screw over Jean to make |Emma look better.

Thanks for that.

I don't think it's so bad? I really hate the double standards when it comes to genders. But I don't think this is such a case.

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    Thanks for that.

I don't think it's so bad? I really hate the double standards when it comes to genders. But I don't think this is such a case.
    To clarify, I'm totally with Jean when it comes to that she's dealing power magnitudes of levels above Scott's at that point in time. The scene was jarring to me because he's actually opening up to her about his insecurities and she dismisses and diminishes them. It just felt so out-of-character for Jean that it came across as what spirit2011 said above: trashing Jean to make Emma look better.

Wait wasn't this Emma during her Torment arc?
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.