Default Best Superman and the JL Holiday Specials

Happy Thanksgiving. I'd like to know and try to find the best Superman (and also with the Justice League) holiday specials.

My understanding is that Holiday Specials are supposed to be more heartwarming, and I'm into that haha. Please share your faves and why in short.

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

The DC specials are usually pretty good. They've been quite intermittent over many decades but usually Superman has a good spot. I can't remember a Thanksgiving for Superman off the top of my head but my favorite holiday stories include:

Halloween: Action Comics vol. 2 #13 and its sequel, "Strange Visitor" from DC Comics' Cursed Comics Cavalcade. Very recent and appropriately excellent, not to mention other good stuff in the anthology.

4th of July: Superman vol. 1 #48 and Action Comics #463. The latter isn't necessarily recognized as a holiday special, but it went on sale that July 4th week. The lead story features Truman and "Autograph Please" celebrated by getting cameos of American founding fathers. In Action, he was knocked back to Independence Day and played out a role.

Christmas: I guess the most Superman of the holidays. For all his team ups with Santa and guaranteed slots in recent holiday specials, the recent stories like the Max Landis one do stand out. But Metropolis Mailbag (Superman #64 and #76, parts I and II) takes the cake. Also from that time were Man of Steel#7 and Adventures #487.

New Years/end of year: Adventures #474 also is somewhat a holiday issue. Action #810 is a full New Year's issue.

Happy Thanksgiving!

Astonishing Member Dispenser Of Truth's Avatar

My usual Jurgens feelings aside, “Metropolis Mailbag” is quality, as is “Yes Tyrone, There Is A Santa Claus”, and Paul Chadwick’s “Ex Machina”. As well as, of course, “The Ghost In The Fortress Of Solitude”.
    Buh-bye

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

Wow thanks. I'm pretty into Paul Chadwick but don't have that one. Never really heard about it before actually.

thank you guys. I'm mostly interested in Christmas and Thanksgiving and New Year holidays stories.