Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default PREVIEW: Uncanny X-Men #3

https://www.cbr.com/uncanny-x-men-3-preview/

(W) Kelly Thompson, Ed Brisson, Matthew Rosenberg
    (A) Yildiray Cinar

BANNED

I'm starting to think Ross Geller is a co-writer as well.

Can Bishop and Iceman have their own buddy-cop type mini-series? Please?

Ok, Bishop being coldly polite to the protestor and his banter with Bobby was actually kinda funny.

Quote Originally Posted by Hizashi View Post
    Ok, Bishop being coldly polite to the protestor and his banter with Bobby was actually kinda funny.
    The protester's face is what really sold it for me, amazing.

The art looks gorgeous, and I hope we find stuff out this issue.

Also, was it ever said where the Jean and Storm backup story from #1 would be concluded? I don't remember seeing where.

That scene with the protester actually showcases one of the main problems I have with this series so far. It's all just... thrown out there with no context. Did we have any sign that the protests where happening in places other than the institute in issue #2? Why is the population so pissed off about this in comparison to other X-related tragedies in recent history? Was anyone still at the lab? Was there any casualities? etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post
    Can Bishop and Iceman have their own buddy-cop type mini-series? Please?
    'Bish and Drake'

Quote Originally Posted by ţh€ €жţяą-๏яďɨɲąя¥ Tycon View Post
    'Bish and Drake'
    Golden! The world needs this book.
    A picture would last longer darling...

Quote Originally Posted by ţh€ €жţяą-๏яďɨɲąя¥ Tycon View Post

I love how the artist draws Jean and Kurts costumes, but I still think they need new ones.

It's so good to have Northstar back in the fold, I wonder if his husband will be mentioned.

With the X-men crashing a jet into a hospital and Jean grey "kidnapping" a senator (after blowing up the heads of Britain's UN representative), it's easy to see why people are protesting.

Anyways, about the vaccine. Is it such a bad idea? I mean, some mutants are really dangerous and hard to control (especially when they manifest and cause loss of life and property).

If it they prevent the gene from naturally expressing, but then later activate/induce expression of the powers under a controlled environment, when the child is maybe 18 or 20.

The Senator wasn't really speaking against mutants or to exterminate them. He wasn't even talking about using it on currently powered mutants.

In a way, there would still be mutants, just not with active powers (the way there are still inhumans/nuhumans, and destroying the terrigen mist that gives them power is not genocide).

Then maybe bringing up plots of activating the gene only in publicly licensed personnel (firefighters, police,pilots, astronauts etc). Like in BokuNoHeroAcademia, where the 90% of the population has powers or physical mutations, but are not licensed to use their powers unless they have received training.

The Xmen/X-corporation could provide training etc

BANNED

Main problem with the vaccine is if there are any change on society, even if temporary.

Think of how partisan media uses skewed statistics to "prove" stuff. You get a six month decrease in crime due to the decrease in mutant related crime. Regular crime and hate crimes against mutants are ignored or "not priority" and some politician start pushing for the vaccine to be obligatory in some states with this data as a base for the argument. You have a conflict right there. It would be a sort of smart route.

But I don't think they would follow that, so there's no reason to actually disagree with the concept of the vaccine. Random mutation is a problem that feels like something that any sane person would want dealt with. Senator Allen so far is almost as right as Cyclops.

Quote Originally Posted by Del torro View Post
    I love how the artist draws Jean and Kurts costumes, but I still think they need new ones.
    Yeah, I love how he draws the shoulderpads(as in, not bulky at all). The boots though, I don't like how that part on her knee is so different from the rest of it, it almost looks like it's a separate part, Asrar's original design had it more connected and only slightly different from the rest.

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

I'm pretty happy with the art on Uncanny X-Men overall. I think Marvel's flagship ongoing should be able to afford more superstar artists (and writers) to be honest, but everyone involved so far has been pretty good, and we're getting Salvador from issue 11, so no major complaints from me for now.

I like the art... but I think I'm more of a fan of the colorist. The way the colors are used in this book was another reason for me to pick it up.
    Idea's Open Discussion And Growth. Silencing Idea's Confirms Them To Be True In The Minds Of Those Who Hold Them. The Attempt Of Eliminating Idea's Proves You To Be A Fool.

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Del torro View Post

It's so good to have Northstar back in the fold, I wonder if his husband will be mentioned.

With the X-men crashing a jet into a hospital and Jean grey "kidnapping" a senator (after blowing up the heads of Britain's UN representative), it's easy to see why people are protesting.

Anyways, about the vaccine. Is it such a bad idea? I mean, some mutants are really dangerous and hard to control (especially when they manifest and cause loss of life and property).

If it they prevent the gene from naturally expressing, but then later activate/induce expression of the powers under a controlled environment, when the child is maybe 18 or 20.

The Senator wasn't really speaking against mutants or to exterminate them. He wasn't even talking about using it on currently powered mutants.

In a way, there would still be mutants, just not with active powers (the way there are still inhumans/nuhumans, and destroying the terrigen mist that gives them power is not genocide).

Then maybe bringing up plots of activating the gene only in publicly licensed personnel (firefighters, police,pilots, astronauts etc). Like in BokuNoHeroAcademia, where the 90% of the population has powers or physical mutations, but are not licensed to use their powers unless they have received training.

The Xmen/X-corporation could provide training etc
    That’s great and all... until some group inevitably weaponizes it against mutants.