Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 289101112

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal View Post
    I’m not putting words in your mouth.

You said it was unrealistic to think groups aren’t at work trying to weaponize / create the vaccine. My point is that the you don’t make thier job that much easier by doing all the hard work for them. The villains can try to create a cure all they want, they aren’t guaranteed to ever find one that works. Everything changes once somebody creates one that does. Just because something can be made doesn’t mean that it should.

The existence of a vaccine is a problem. Anything that shuts down the X-gene would be a problem, especially something like a vaccine which can be mass produced.

I’m not denying there isn’t storytelling potential there, just that the idea of a vaccine presents many practical problems, the main one being the X-Men or any mutant faction would never allow the federal government control it.
    I agree with you that a vaccine creates many problems. And that the potential for abuse is high.

But I also think, as other person stated, there are legitimate situations where people would choose it for themselves.

I don’t know what the answer is, but I do think it would be strange to withhold a treatment from willing individuals just because others would abuse it.with that logic, it would be bad to ever create anything beneficial that could also be weaponized.

I say I would be in favor of a vaccine being created if there were strict regulations that were put in place and all superheroes (avengers etc) were involved in holding the use of said vaccine accountable for its intended purpose. (Edited to add: I agree it would be best that this not be developed or distributed By a government).

Btw on a side note, funny that a similar story is currently unfolding in “the gifted”.
    Your favorite superhero- the one you visit these forums to talk about. Would they talk to others the way you do on this message board?

Quote Originally Posted by Grey View Post
    I agree with you that a vaccine creates many problems. And that the potential for abuse is high.

But I also think, as other person stated, there are legitimate situations where people would choose it for themselves.

I don’t know what the answer is, but I do think it would be strange to withhold a treatment from willing individuals just because others would abuse it.with that logic, it would be bad to ever create anything beneficial that could also be weaponized.

I say I would be in favor of a vaccine being created if there were strict regulations that were put in place and all superheroes (avengers etc) were involved in holding the use of said vaccine accountable for its intended purpose. (Edited to add: I agree it would be best that this not be developed or distributed By a government).

Btw on a side note, funny that a similar story is currently unfolding in “the gifted”.
    I agree.

Wasn't there an X-Story where it stated that the X-Men were pretty much the Rockstars in the Mutant Community were Charles specifically choose the "pretty" mutants to be super heroes to promote the X-Message. But most of the worlds mutants really were closer to the Morlocks then having cool powers and great bodies?

I know if I was stuck with Eye-Boys, Globs, Marrows, or quite a few other mutant powers I would try to get the Vaccine if it was available. (granted even with a vaccine Glob probably be stuck as is or die...)
    Idea's Open Discussion And Growth. Silencing Idea's Confirms Them To Be True In The Minds Of Those Who Hold Them. The Attempt Of Eliminating Idea's Proves You To Be A Fool.