Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    BANNED

I like the back and forth with Bobby and Bishop awkward, but nice. The weird exchange he had with protester was nice as well. :-)

With the Fire Power Storm's Team has...they should have BEEN done. LOL
    Last edited by stormphoenix; 11-22-2018 at 10:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by magneticmushroom View Post
    Looks good.

I miss the old Whilce Portacio design for Bishop. Everyone seems to draw him kinda dough-faced now.

It also just occurred to me that we're supposed to be picturing dinosaurs with some degree of feathers now, right? Have we not integrated that concept at Marvel yet? Its been a while since I was in school, but I'm sure its a thing.
    Actual Marvel history has dinosaurs with feathers because it was brought up in Moon Girl and DD, but any actual dinosaur appearances are non-feathered because pop culture likes them better. I don't know why. Unless it's a kaiju, I think big lizards with feathers would look way cooler.

Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post
    Can Bishop and Iceman have their own buddy-cop type mini-series? Please?
    'Bish and Drake'

I LOVE this scene. Bishop being the bigger man and while at the same time showing what a hero does.

Lead by example Bishop!
    Idea's Open Discussion And Growth. Silencing Idea's Confirms Them To Be True In The Minds Of Those Who Hold Them. The Attempt Of Eliminating Idea's Proves You To Be A Fool.

That Bishop panel is powerful.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    Looks good. I like this team. Hope they keep it intact with Scott and Logan coming back. Give those two their own team with some other characters. I could get behind Uncanny twice a month and adjectiveless twice a month with a different squad.
    All three writers have an X book after Disassembled. Rosenberg has Uncanny, Brisson has both Dead Man Logan and Nextgen, and Thompson has Mr and Mrs X - and remember, she has three other Marvel ongoings too - Jessica Jones, West Coast Avengers, and Captain Marvel - so she's unlikely to take on another one unless something gets axed.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

The Red Dragon

Meh there is no susbstance behind what’s happening and the banter falls flat and feels really forced.

Also not a fan of the art. It looks like something you would see in Xmen Unlimited, not the flagship.

BANNED

Looks good

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Ororo: Jean, you better come over and help cuz this is taking WAY longer than 3 minutes.
    Seriously, how is a team of Storm, Psylocke and Polaris getting overwhelmed?

I know I've been complaining about them holding back and it's getting tired, but seriously, why are they holding back and trying to hurt the dupes?

We know from the teasers that X-23 will be slicing and gutting them in #3. Why nerf or job these powerful women, when you could write some more believable that would be hard for them to take down.

The Red Dragon

Quote Originally Posted by Del torro View Post

I know I've been complaining about them holding back and it's getting tired, but seriously, why are they holding back and trying to hurt the dupes?

We know from the teasers that X-23 will be slicing and gutting them in #3. Why nerf or job these powerful women, when you could write some more believable that would be hard for them to take down.
    Or for that matter why Iceman didnt freeze the Dinosaurs or Jean Grey shut down their minds? It’s artificial tension because it doesnt ring true. The threats are a joke and the XMen are portrayed as ineffective is not the way to go. It just makes the story all the more eye roll inducing.

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Del torro View Post

They're simultaneously holding back and dealing with more than what they expected I think is the issue. These dupes aren't just Jamie Madrox, they're an army of Madroxi with the powers of other mutants because of whatever is going on. And, mind, he might be making things worse but he IS trying to stop whatever it is Legion is doing.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    They're simultaneously holding back and dealing with more than what they expected I think is the issue. These dupes aren't just Jamie Madrox, they're an army of Madroxi with the powers of other mutants because of whatever is going on. And, mind, he might be making things worse but he IS trying to stop whatever it is Legion is doing.
    Remember back when an army of fully armed Shi'ar Warriors surrouned a team of 5 X-men, and felt that their chances of winning was zero, or when Polaris put a crowd of mutants to sleep by controlling the iron in their blood, or that both Betsy and Polaris can make powerful forcefields.
    An X-men Team, is supposed to be a team of Elite competent professionals.

Anyway, this is the last time I'll complain about it.

Eh...Multiple Man is a serious threat even without powers. It be different if Jamie had no dupes ready on the field but the guy had thousands already and he is just making more and more. Anyone who knows anything about combat knows that army size is a critical element in any fight. Throw in powers and it makes even more sense that they are having trouble.

We are talking about a man with a limitless army, who knows the X-Men's tactics and weakness, and who has multiple super powers. He is a threat that any team would have trouble with. (If he had already got going with the numbers.)
    Idea's Open Discussion And Growth. Silencing Idea's Confirms Them To Be True In The Minds Of Those Who Hold Them. The Attempt Of Eliminating Idea's Proves You To Be A Fool.

Quote Originally Posted by ţh€ €жţяą-๏яďɨɲąя¥ Tycon View Post
    'Bish and Drake'
    Golden! The world needs this book.
    A picture would last longer darling...

It's almost like having protagonists who can mentally shut down crowds, magnetically lock up swaths of bodies, and insta-freeze anything that moves all by waving their arms around is terrible for writing both entertaining and believable conflicts.