Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

If the Madrox crowd could be seen from space and we are talking of hundreds of thousands of people, or millions, then there isn't a lot the xmen could do. Even if he had no powers apart from his multiplication at every impact.

IIRC in his debut as a character he beat all of the Fantastic 4, and he can also duplicate anything he holds, give him a gun and minutes later you can have 100.000 people with each with a gun
    That is why he has been used as a wespon of mass destruction in many AUs. I don't think Jean or Storm could stop him if he is out of control. The best option is finding the Madrox prime to make the whole multipliying Madrox swarm stop.

In Age of Apocalypse Storm couldnt stop Madrox, and Madrox killed himseld to stop the Madrox clones brainwashed by Apocalypse

Madrox is overpowered in an almost cartoony way, I disagree with the idea that the xmen are having a bad showing against him, I would even say the writers didnt need to give the Madrox dupes superpowers to make him very hard to stop

19.jpg

Wait I had another thought...what if Legion some how transferred some/all of his powers to MM's dupes some how? Just looking at the preview Legion seems totally normal here

Guess it's possible that another one of his personalities is at the wheel but...this would explain the whole crazy MM with super powers thing.
    Idea's Open Discussion And Growth. Silencing Idea's Confirms Them To Be True In The Minds Of Those Who Hold Them. The Attempt Of Eliminating Idea's Proves You To Be A Fool.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Madara Uchiha looking mofo.

I'm fine with the CIS or PIS in the story...characters/teams are usually dumb down to help level the threat the character/team is facing.

What I'm not fine with...some of you guys acting like MM is really a threat to Storm or Polaris. These women together could reshape the planet...
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    I'm fine with the CIS or PIS in the story...characters/teams are usually dumb down to help level the threat the character/team is facing.

What I'm not fine with...some of you guys acting like MM is really a threat to Storm or Polaris. These women together could reshape the planet...
    I don't think MM could take those two without the numbers. If Storm or Polaris were to face MM with him standing in front of them with no dupes either one of them could stop him before he really got started. But like many others and myself have said their are 1000's possibly millions there. With each random hit more keep coming. Storm nor Polaris is strong enough to face that alone. They just aren't.
    Idea's Open Discussion And Growth. Silencing Idea's Confirms Them To Be True In The Minds Of Those Who Hold Them. The Attempt Of Eliminating Idea's Proves You To Be A Fool.

A reasonable stance to take and by in large I would agree. I accept PIS as part of story lines as well as occasional jobbings.

Storm nor Polaris is strong enough to face that alone. They just aren't.
    Fighting on a piecemeal basis with no plan using their most basic power set individual moves maybe as seems to be happening here.
    Last edited by jmc247; 11-23-2018 at 01:28 PM.

Enough Multiple Men to be visible from low Earth orbit each with a different superpower are certainly a threat to anyone short of cosmic heroes.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Until they find the main, what Storm's team needed was large-scale/long range teleporter like Blink or Lila Cheney to just remove them in large quantities and relocate them on the far side of the galaxy or somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Until they find the main, what Storm's team needed was large-scale/long range teleporter like Blink or Lila Cheney to just remove them in large quantities and relocate them on the far side of the galaxy or somewhere.
    Exactly.
    To be fair, a few huge tornadoes could have scooped them up [yes, all the kinetic energy would have created Gods know how many more dupes] and frozen them all in the upper atmosphere but... I'm rolling with it. See my thoughts above.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Quote Originally Posted by DragonsChi View Post
    I don't think MM could take those two without the numbers. If Storm or Polaris were to face MM with him standing in front of them with no dupes either one of them could stop him before he really got started. But like many others and myself have said their are 1000's possibly millions there. With each random hit more keep coming. Storm nor Polaris is strong enough to face that alone. They just aren't.
    I think your really underestimating Storm and Polaris abilities but I'm not here to make this into a Vs. debate
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Okay, I know I said I'd shut up, but I find the discussion interesting and can't resist.

Quick note, me having problems with the way the Xteams handle their fights is not really a big deal, since I'm enjoying the story and looking forward to how the different plot lines join together and are resolved (like Thanos wins and Cosmic Ghost rider where the powerlevels are all over the place, but Donny cates is telling such a great story that it doesn't even matter)

First of all, it's not about people complaining about their faves. When I first mentioned it, I said it was weird to see storm, Polaris and Psylocke going down so easily. None of them are my favorite character (Jean), but seeing them perform in an underwhelming manner like this is what made me speak up.

Now, yes I've seen some scans posted about Madrox and his capabilities and it's cool, but we should look at the way the X-men are acting in the fight and see why they're portrayal leaves some disappointed.

-first of all they jumped in with no plan,leading to them getting overwhelmed.
    -next, some of them like Polaris is just floating in the background with glowing hands, but they don't show what she's doing or if it's working. She's just floating there and suddenly she's being pulled down.
    -then we have the X-men using the most basic of their abilities and forgetting they can do other things. For example, both Polaris and Psylocke can make powerful force fields to shield and protect the team.there is no reason to have madroxes climbing all over them when these two are around.
    or Polaris who can put a hundred to sleep by controlling the iron in their blood.
    -we've had different books and arcs of these characters developing their powers, so it gets annoying to see them regress back once a new writer comes in. Jean grey has stopped holding back her powers 4 times but keeps returning to the default, Storm realizes her goddess powers every week but keeps reverting, Iceman has learnt how to use his omega powers like 3 different times now, Polaris has learned from magneto and gotten stronger like 3 different times now. What happens next time madrox shows up and gets taken easily, without using any of the strategies he showed here.

I already acknowledged in the #2 discussion thread that I understand that they are holding back and that my complaints are just nitpick. But it would be cool if they showed them try some of those things and give reasons why they aren't working.

Also, having really powerful characters doesn't mean you can't tell good stories. It just has to do with the nature of the threat (which is why Claremont loved to throw in a space arc, or demon fighting arc for them to cut loose). I mean come on, we have great books like Thanos, Immortal Hulk, Cosmic Ghost Rider and Doctor strange being produced by marvel now, power levels doesn't restrict you from having a good story, it just depends on the kind of story you want to tell.
    Last edited by Del torro; 11-23-2018 at 01:43 PM.

I think your really underestimating Storm and Polaris abilities but I'm not here to make this into a Vs. debate
    I'm not, been reading X-Men for years. I know they aren't capable of that. Plain and simple.

It's not a matter of how powerful they are. They are simply overwhelmed.
    Last edited by DragonsChi; 11-23-2018 at 01:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by nx01a View Post
    Enough Multiple Men to be visible from low Earth orbit each with a different superpower are certainly a threat to anyone short of cosmic heroes.
    Pfft, Goldballs could take him

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Del torro View Post
    -next, some of them like Polaris is just floating in the background with glowing hands, but they don't show what she's doing or if it's working. She's just floating there and suddenly she's being pulled down.
    l
    A number of Jamie's were lifting up part of the roof, and Polaris slams it back down on top of them.

No need for a massive FEAT, no tornadoes or lightning storms necessary. If Storm could just drop the temperature of the area to the point where the Madri can't move then they can't get the necessary kinetic energy to make more dupes. They could huddle together for warmth and try to add more dupes as a stop gap measure. But the colder it gets the less effective that would be and creating more dupes isn't going to help if they instantly lose all body heat the second they're made.

There's a reason why Captain Cold is one of the Flash's biggest enemies. Entropy is a bitch

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    I'm pretty sure that introducing a self replicating invasive species like Madrox into another galaxy would piss off the various galactic empires. The Shi'ar and the Brood already have it out for mutantkind. Probably a bad idea to antagonize them.