Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789101112 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by CoCoBandz View Post
    This is why, I always liked the extinction team. Power appropriate characters for major threats.

Cyclops had the formula. Utopia was the best of the best.
    100% Agreed. I hated Gillen’s writing but I loved the team, the challenges and the concept/premise of the Extinction team.

Quote Originally Posted by CoCoBandz View Post
    This is why, I always liked the extinction team. Power appropriate characters for major threats.

Cyclops had the formula. Utopia was the best of the best.
    Personally, I thought the Aussie team did it better. Everything was well balanced, you had power and skill.

Though, I can see where your coming from
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    You're wrong but you can believe whatever you like.

I'm sitting up here looking at pics of Polaris taking out a whole team of X-men and Storm floating Genosha...yet fighting Jamie is a issue for them....
    Then prove me wrong. Show us a scan taking down over 1000’ super poweres foes, that are highly trained, and know the snter workings of the X-Men all by herself, and I will hapily admit I was wrong. Don’t worry we will wait.
    Idea's Open Discussion And Growth. Silencing Idea's Confirms Them To Be True In The Minds Of Those Who Hold Them. The Attempt Of Eliminating Idea's Proves You To Be A Fool.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonsChi View Post
    Then prove me wrong. Show us a scan taking down over 1000’ super poweres foes, that are highly trained, and know the snter workings of the X-Men all by herself, and I will hapily admit I was wrong. Don’t worry we will wait.
    It’s not like the X-Men aren’t highly trained themselves and know Jamie as well. I don’t think it’s an easy fight and not 100% one sided but I don’t think he needs to prove what I think is the obvious to be frank. Doesn’t take much to imagine an area being covered in an ice storm and flash frozen like she did when the N’gairai possessed her body. Some of the empowered ones could break free but a big portion of them should be neutralized.
    Last edited by STORM1977; 11-23-2018 at 06:11 PM.

Ultimate Member

The oddity is that after this run is over Jamie will go back to being a C rank character and no threat to anybody if not in outright limbo...

Quote Originally Posted by STORM1977 View Post
    It’s not like the X-Men aren’t highly trained themselves and know Jamie as well. I don’t think it’s an easy fight and not 100% one sided but I don’t think he needs to prove what I think is the obvious to be frank. Doesn’t take much to imagine an area being covered in an ice storm and flash frozen like she did when the N’gairai possessed her body. Some of the empowered ones could break free but a big portion of them should be neutralized.
    Never said the X-Men weren’t highly trained. The only difference being is that there is currently only 6 of them and over a thousand MM’s. (If not millions) Everyone keeps talking about how powerful so and so is but in this fight that power does not mean squat. There out numbered to and extreme and that army keeps growing non stop. I mentioned freezing being and option a few times already but again Storms powers draws from the natural enivroment. Make in rain in one place another close by place is without water ect. is I don’t believe she could get all of them and even if she could to get that many she would potentially be causing major harm to the enviroment. (Speaking as if the writer is going to respect cannon) she also couldn’t do it without potentially killing Jamie.

No single character on the current X-Men team can take out the MM’s as they are being presented. Together...yeah they should have a better shot with the right plan.
    Last edited by DragonsChi; 11-23-2018 at 06:57 PM.
    Idea's Open Discussion And Growth. Silencing Idea's Confirms Them To Be True In The Minds Of Those Who Hold Them. The Attempt Of Eliminating Idea's Proves You To Be A Fool.

He or she doesn't seem to understand that.

Never said the X-Men weren’t highly trained. The only difference being is that there is currently only 6 of them and over a thousand MM’s. (If not millions) Everyone keeps talking about how powerful so and so is but in this fight that power does not mean squat. There out numbered to and extreme and that army keeps growing non stop. I mentioned freezing being and option a few times already but again Storms powers draws from the natural enivroment. Make in rain in one place another close by place is without water ect. is I don’t believe she could get all of them and even if she could to get that many she would potentially be causing major harm to the enviroment. (Speaking as if the writer is going to respect cannon) she also couldn’t do it without potentially killing Jamie.

No single character on the current X-Men team can take out the MM’s as they are being presented. Together...yeah they should have a better shot with the right plan.

Dude, again...I'm fine with the story limiting Storm, Polaris and Psylocke for the sake of the story but please stop acting like Jamie is a real threat to someone who can do this.

Storm Floods.jpg

Thankfully they're not trying to kill him, which makes it hard for them to subdue him.
    Last edited by LordAllMIghty; 11-23-2018 at 07:16 PM.

Astonishing Member Celestialbodies's Avatar

While I understand both sides I will say this for at least a decade the Xmen have been relegated to threats that shouldn't be a problem but always is if not fighting one another.

To be honest I can't remember the last time any X-team faced a real threat that forced them all to cut loose or be presented in a way that isn't generic or offputting to their capabilities. And usually when they are a viable threat the issue is wrapped up in a handful of pages. Very rarely do the Xmen get to stack themselves up against threats that challenge them in meaningful ways.

I mean honestly how many times have a villain of the week casually strolled into the institute maimed, crucified, or outright killed someone with the X-Men being unprepared and incapable of stopping it!

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    The oddity is that after this run is over Jamie will go back to being a C rank character and no threat to anybody if not in outright limbo...
    Comicbooks, right?

I can understand that. Millions would be too much, at least I’m my opinion. Storm is an accomplished tactician, as is Kurt and I think Betsy and Lorna are highly proficient. I agree with the points about this team just going in with no plan. That’s a mistake I don’t see any of the most experienced X-Men making. That’s an easier fix for the writing team for next time. I haven’t mentioned anything about power level. From what I have read in the thread it’s more about the types of power application and not the level of power. I think The X-women can easily reach City level range so effecting millions in an open field should be taxing but not impossible. I’m familiar with how Storm’s powers operate. It’s a big assumption to think she wouldn’t know how to maintain the natural balance while doing an area of effect flash freeze. I recall She has flash-frozen moloids and didn’t kill them during a team up with Black Widow. She could even just make the air hyper cold until they become incapacitated. I also agree and disagree with some of the other poster on Lorna and Betsy as well. Being able to attack behind a defense shield and not make the attacks force based would help them here, but millions of dupes is too much for them, as could be for Storm too. We don’t know the actual number but clearly a lot. the main gist I am getting from the Storm fans posting is that Madrox being on the ground and these ladies can attack from big range makes it hard envision how he is a threat unless they allowed him to be.
    Last edited by STORM1977; 11-23-2018 at 07:24 PM. Reason: Bad spelling

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Wind Rider View Post
    I’d actually be fine with this (except the silly OOC parts- they aren’t nuking anybody).This would mean they are presenting the story in a way that makes the fight viable. If MM has contingencies to account for the more powerful X-Men then by all means write it. The team doesn’t have to win here, just not be written like idiots to allow MM to be a challenge. This isn’t fanfictional by any stretch. This is pointing out holes in shitty writing, pure and simple. The X-Men are smart, knows MM and are tactically skilled. Showing up and blasting away within leaping distance of the clone army is plain PIS/CIS. They would and should be creative in how they combat him vs physically striking hin knowing what they do. And yes to the bad writing on clones getting blasted and not duplicating. Just making a point that if “nearly everything” they do will casuse more clones then this wirting team surely isn’t presenting it that way.

You're looking for a novel,not a comic book.

He or she doesn't seem to understand that.

Dude, again...I'm fine with the story limiting Storm, Polaris and Psylocke for the sake of the story but please stop acting like Jamie is a real threat to someone who can do this.

Storm Floods.jpg

Thankfully they're not trying to kill him, which makes it hard for them to subdue him.
    Yeah, thats not Storm fighting 1000 meta humans at once. Its here using wind to push already moving water to create a tidal wave. Keep trying though.

Yeah, thats not Storm fighting 1000 meta humans at once. Its here using wind to push already moving water to create a tidal wave. Keep trying though.
    I can tell by your reply you're just acting ignorant to prolong this conversation...so I'm done.

Good try, you almost had me.

I can understand that. Millions would be too much, at least I’m my opinion. Storm is an accomplished tactician, as is Kurt and I think Betsy and Lorna are highly proficient. I agree with the points about this team just going in with no plan. That’s a mistake I don’t see any of the most experienced X-Men making. That’s an easier fix for the writing team for next time. I haven’t mentioned anything about power level. From what I have read in the thread it’s more about the types of power application and not the level of power. I think The X-women can easily reach City level range so effecting millions in an open field should be taxing but not impossible. I’m familiar with how Storm’s powers operate. It’s a big assumption to think she wouldn’t know how to maintain the natural balance while doing an area of effect flash freeze. I recall She has flash-frozen moloids and didn’t kill them during a team up with Black Widow. She could even just make the air hyper cold until they become incapacitated. I also agree and disagree with some of the other poster on Lorna and Betsy as well. Being able to attack behind a defense shield and not make the attacks force based would help them here, but millions of dupes is too much for them, as could be for Storm too. We don’t know the actual number but clearly a lot. the main gist I am getting from the Storm fans posting is that Madrox being on the ground and these ladies can attack from big range makes it hard envision how he is a threat unless they allowed him to be.
    I can see where your coming from and I too understand most of these characters powers. But I also understand the concepts of large armies and concepts of hive minds in insects. Which for all intensive purpose Jamie is.
    Too add to all of this Jamies dupes have extra superpowers they have mutiple ways of getting to them and neturaliziny fliers.

Jamie has a enough dupes there that he could fling one dupe up without any powers grab hold of one of the fliers mutiply himself and have them pulled down by the sheer weight of bodies. He could use himseleves to create a human ladder similar to how some speices of ants do when they need to get to high up places or escape from certain dangers such as water and what not. Or he could just use one of the dupes that has the power of flight mutiply him a 100 times and bring them down.

There is just to many of them and most of them have powers. Think, what if one of those dupes had TK. That dupe could make 1000 dupes with TK. What wpuld the X-Men do then? Some poster would say “Well Storm should just whip up some wind and the dupes should just fall down, kay” sorry but it does not work that way.

I do however thank you for being logical in your response. Again you have vaild points but I just do not believe that with all the facotrs in play the X-Men would just walk right over this character with how it is set up. I also do not think many options are available to beat him effectivly. There are some and Im sure they will use them but it would have to be a group effort at this point or it’s just bogus.

I can tell by your reply you're just acting ignorant to prolong this conversation...so I'm done.

Good try, you almost had me.
    Nah, there just anything written were Storm single handly defeats 1000 foes all by herself. Let alone 1000. People with super powers. The very thought of it would riduclous and place in comic book limbo for the simple fact that writers would have no idea what to do with her.

Glad your finished though. Since I was becoming embarssed for you in the effort of looking for the equivalent pot of gold under a rainbow.
    Last edited by DragonsChi; 11-23-2018 at 08:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kevinism View Post
    You're looking for a novel,not a comic book.
    Not really, though If it helped to tell a good story I’m fine with that.