All-New Member

Default JSA Geoff Johns collected edition

Hi all

I was wondering if I could get some advice and guidance on this.

I’m pretty new to JSA and have been wanting to read the Geoff Johns run for a while now after enjoying his Green lantern run.

Question is, I have noticed DC have started releasing the collected edition, they’re onto book 2 but there’s not a hell of a lot of info on how many books they will release and over what time. Anyone heard how many they are releasing in total and over what time?

Also, debating whether to go with this new edition or maybe instead going for the omnibus editions instead, only thing is that volume 1 of that seems to have gone up quite high in price now.

What do you all suggest is the more worthwhile to go with? Is the omnibus edition easy to read considering it’s size?

Mighty Member

The omnis are pretty bulky but are decent to read. There'll probably be 10 or more volumes of trades when (and if) it's all said and done, and will probably take several years to complete. Really depends on your personal reading preferences and whether you're willing to wait for the trades. I've seen the set of omni's still going for a decent price. So if v1 is high you could always go all in and save some $$ in the long run

Incredible Member

JSA has art worthy of the larger page size omni format.

Incredible Member Graphic Autist's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RamblingMan View Post
    JSA has art worthy of the larger page size omni format.
    While I don’t have the Omnis of the JSA run, I enjoyed Johns’ run on this. Actually, I like a lot of the guy’s stuff.

I read the original floppies and now am on vol.2 of the trade
    The first seven issues are written by Robinson with John and Goyer
    helping, but issue eight is where Geoff and David really take off.

All-New Member

I’m going for the omnibus editions. They do look like nice sets, plus I don’t wanna wait years to complete it.