Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Default Fantastic Four #4 Review and Spoilers

Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

Not happy about the Future Foundation being sent off as I really enjoyed them. I hope they are back sooner rather than later.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

At this point, my headcanon is just that Eliot is in love with Dirk. That's why he will always go back to the Wrecking Crew, no matter how many times he is told he's out of their league. Also, why temp Bulldozer?

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    Not happy about the Future Foundation being sent off as I really enjoyed them. I hope they are back sooner rather than later.
    More so, I'm not really a fan of them having Alex remain out of time and space. With him having been away from his family for five years to him and a year to them, you'd think they'd reunite him them. Hopefully if they're sticking around that universe time will flow in sync with 616 so the FF aren't rapidly aged any more than already.

Astonishing Member

Is it just me or does panther say he's cool with her choice to stay and then a few panels later ask if she wants to return?

Did I miss something

And I find it funny that the fantastix character tells people to use an x only if they are posting online, I guess she's not worried about hardcopy or tv text?

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by kilderkin View Post
    Is it just me or does panther say he's cool with her choice to stay and then a few panels later ask if she wants to return?

Did I miss something

And I find it funny that the fantastix character tells people to use an x only if they are posting online, I guess she's not worried about hardcopy or tv text?
    It looks like a 2-page spread, both pages have 3 rows of panels.

Mighty Member

Considering that Katie Power is aware that the FF and the F4 were in the multiverse, I'm pretty sure when the F4 return, she's going to exchange some words with him and show off that thirteen-year-old, according to Julie Power, vocabulary she acquired from middle school.

Also, FF not returning to the main universe:

ANTI-LIFE JUSTIFIES MY HATE! ANTI-LIFE JUSTIFIES MY HATE! ANTI-LIFE JUSTIFIES MY HATE! ANTI-LIFE JUSTIFIES MY HATE! ANTI-LIFE JUSTIFIES MY HATE!

BANNED

I'm happy. Nothing against them but it's a lot of characters and I'd rather have the focus be on the core four. Also, they seem like such an element of the Hickman run that I don't think every FF writer afterwards should be obliged to keep them around. At least they're not gone for good, just out of the picture for as long as they need to be.

"Many multiverses away..."

Incredible Member

Knowing Dan Slott's writing he's getting rid of the Foundation to make way for HIS supporting cast just like with Spiderman.

Alex should have returned though, his family deserves better.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by ETMike1988 View Post
    "Many multiverses away..."
    Dammit Franklin, you broke the fourth wall and influenced Dan to screw up!

The FF leaving is fine. Robinson had some issues because he didn't really know what to do with them (aside from using their subplot to fuel his Jim Hammond fetish). It's a lot of characters and if you don't have the pages for them in a satellite book, it's not worth the headache, especially since the family is moving to an apartment and have to have their dynamic re-established. I would rather know that they're out there continuing the mission doing their own thing than watch them detract focus from the book and make it feel crowded. And they'll probably be back before Dan's done anyway.

Still need the FF/Moon Girl story, though.

Ummm, am I the only person seeing the Future Foundation story that needs to be told? The Foundation is being set up for FF 1.

At least I hope so.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    Ummm, am I the only person seeing the Future Foundation story that needs to be told? The Foundation is being set up for FF 1.
    That could well be. Certainly the option is there.