Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Fantastic Four #4 Review and Spoilers

Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

Not happy about the Future Foundation being sent off as I really enjoyed them. I hope they are back sooner rather than later.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    Not happy about the Future Foundation being sent off as I really enjoyed them. I hope they are back sooner rather than later.
    More so, I'm not really a fan of them having Alex remain out of time and space. With him having been away from his family for five years to him and a year to them, you'd think they'd reunite him them. Hopefully if they're sticking around that universe time will flow in sync with 616 so the FF aren't rapidly aged any more than already.

Astonishing Member

Is it just me or does panther say he's cool with her choice to stay and then a few panels later ask if she wants to return?

Did I miss something

And I find it funny that the fantastix character tells people to use an x only if they are posting online, I guess she's not worried about hardcopy or tv text?

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by kilderkin View Post
    Is it just me or does panther say he's cool with her choice to stay and then a few panels later ask if she wants to return?

Did I miss something

And I find it funny that the fantastix character tells people to use an x only if they are posting online, I guess she's not worried about hardcopy or tv text?
    It looks like a 2-page spread, both pages have 3 rows of panels.

BANNED

I'm happy. Nothing against them but it's a lot of characters and I'd rather have the focus be on the core four. Also, they seem like such an element of the Hickman run that I don't think every FF writer afterwards should be obliged to keep them around. At least they're not gone for good, just out of the picture for as long as they need to be.

Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Warren View Post
    I'm happy. Nothing against them but it's a lot of characters and I'd rather have the focus be on the core four. Also, they seem like such an element of the Hickman run that I don't think every FF writer afterwards should be obliged to keep them around. At least they're not gone for good, just out of the picture for as long as they need to be.
    This. There was always to many of them for me to actually care about them. The only one I will miss is Alex but even he barley got screen time so....
    Idea's Open Discussion And Growth. Silencing Idea's Confirms Them To Be True In The Minds Of Those Who Hold Them. The Attempt Of Eliminating Idea's Proves You To Be A Fool.

Yeah, I wish more had been done with dragon man. Maybe he could be an NYU professor, or something.
    Last edited by protege; 11-23-2018 at 05:38 PM.

ESU you mean. It's Empire State University in the Marvel universe - currently attended by Squirrel Girl, Lightspeed, and Peter Parker.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

They....exist I guess...
    Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Warren View Post
    Not much that anyone can say until the issue comes out and we can read about them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lonewolf36 View Post
    I wonder why the name change from Liberteens to Fantastix and what happen to Blue Angel?
    Some readers who followed them when they were the Liberteens would of course ask Lonewolf36's questions. Plotwise they had to cut down to four characters, so now where is Blue Eagle? It occurs to me that with him, the Liberteens resemble a bit the O5 X-Men since both have bird-winged flyers and an ice person. Speaking of which, I don't think Johnny will be non too pleased that after butting heads with Iceman he's gonna face Iceberg in the Baxter Building.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Dragon Man has a very long but not always well used history. I actually favor something different. Certainly in the '60s, and somewhat '70s he was a beast (not a true villain) and they developed Noble beast tropes with the abduction of Sue on various occasions (and Medusa once).

But I've always had trouble with the glasses thing. I don't mind him being smart with his AI, and a great protector or hero in a different light, but I guess the visual throws it off for me. Guess I'm a little petty.

At this point, my headcanon is just that Eliot is in love with Dirk. That's why he will always go back to the Wrecking Crew, no matter how many times he is told he's out of their league. Also, why temp Bulldozer?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    At this point, my headcanon is just that Eliot is in love with Dirk. That's why he will always go back to the Wrecking Crew, no matter how many times he is told he's out of their league.
    That WOULD explain a whole hell of a lot...

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    Also, why temp Bulldozer?
    It's his daughter Marci right? I think Robinson introduced her.

Between her and Piledriver you could probably make a junior Wrecking Crew