Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
I like some of what's going on so far as he's still sowing seeds and setting things up for his run, but I agree in wanting things needing to go into high gear. I'm worried about the arc after the wedding as it seems very Doom centered which is one of the things the team doesn't need. I've said many times how I feel about the teams reliance on him and now it turns out that Reed and Sue's very reason to leave was because of him. I know you love Doom, but he has grown outside of the team and I believe that they should be able to do the same.

But it's still early days though and I'm hoping for the best. He seems to be getting readers used to the family dynamic right now which I'm good with. I really like Reed's lesson to Valeria about boys and never dumbing herself down for anyone. The team just needs to feel as important as the Avengers again in the MU so I hope he's building to that too and that it's not too decompressed and long.
I still don't want Slott to always have this need to have them say to each other "We're a family"....yada yada yada every frickin' issue. Stan and Jack never had to and today's readers don't need to be constantly reminded. actually enjoyed those early days when Ben would get sick of the way Reed was treating him and let him know it. Maybe it's just me but I think Ben and Johnny would take a while to get over the way Reed left them on their own without letting them know what was going on. Then to top if off, Slott decides, hey I'll blame it on Doom At least I am encouraged by the February solicit about the upcoming Galactus issue and it mentions that Doom is still on his path we saw in Infamous Iron Man. Although I'm sure he won't get it quite right for a while yet.

I hope Slot concentrates more on getting the Fantastic Four back into the prominence that Hickman labored steadily at regaining, which was pretty much wiped away by Fraction's dismal run.

On another front, I don't have high expectations for the Future Foundation under Slott if the first thing he does is maroon them in the new multiverse. IMO they were a breath of fresh air and a logical path for Reed and Sue to take as parent/mentors to this group of gifted and diverse children. And I so wanted Dragon Man to stay too. Ah well.

So I guess the Wrecking Crew has come down in the world if they are no longer a part of the Hood's gang that constantly vexed Infamous Iron Man. Now they are lowering themselves by taking money to take a dive and make the Fantastix look good.