Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
Results 76 to 90 of 90
  1. #76
    Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Latverian Embassy
    Posts
    12,752

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    I like some of what's going on so far as he's still sowing seeds and setting things up for his run, but I agree in wanting things needing to go into high gear. I'm worried about the arc after the wedding as it seems very Doom centered which is one of the things the team doesn't need. I've said many times how I feel about the teams reliance on him and now it turns out that Reed and Sue's very reason to leave was because of him. I know you love Doom, but he has grown outside of the team and I believe that they should be able to do the same.


    But it's still early days though and I'm hoping for the best. He seems to be getting readers used to the family dynamic right now which I'm good with. I really like Reed's lesson to Valeria about boys and never dumbing herself down for anyone. The team just needs to feel as important as the Avengers again in the MU so I hope he's building to that too and that it's not too decompressed and long.
    I still don't want Slott to always have this need to have them say to each other "We're a family"....yada yada yada every frickin' issue. Stan and Jack never had to and today's readers don't need to be constantly reminded. actually enjoyed those early days when Ben would get sick of the way Reed was treating him and let him know it. Maybe it's just me but I think Ben and Johnny would take a while to get over the way Reed left them on their own without letting them know what was going on. Then to top if off, Slott decides, hey I'll blame it on Doom At least I am encouraged by the February solicit about the upcoming Galactus issue and it mentions that Doom is still on his path we saw in Infamous Iron Man. Although I'm sure he won't get it quite right for a while yet.

    I hope Slot concentrates more on getting the Fantastic Four back into the prominence that Hickman labored steadily at regaining, which was pretty much wiped away by Fraction's dismal run.

    On another front, I don't have high expectations for the Future Foundation under Slott if the first thing he does is maroon them in the new multiverse. IMO they were a breath of fresh air and a logical path for Reed and Sue to take as parent/mentors to this group of gifted and diverse children. And I so wanted Dragon Man to stay too. Ah well.

    So I guess the Wrecking Crew has come down in the world if they are no longer a part of the Hood's gang that constantly vexed Infamous Iron Man. Now they are lowering themselves by taking money to take a dive and make the Fantastix look good.

  2. #77
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    969

    Default

    This was basically an epilogue issue for the F4 after their last adventure against the Griver at the End of All Things. There's really not much to say other than being wordy and setting up the wedding.

    It's really annoying me that Slott is hammering in the whole "we are a family" thing. We get it, Dan. I'm just hoping we see the F4 adjust to a new life. Ben and Johnny know who lives, who dies, and who lives again in the past year more or less. Franklin and Val need to adjust to life on Earth, probably make some friends, mess with some of the kid superheroes around them, explain to Power Pack why Alex isn't with them, have Franklin make nice with some mutants at Xavier's, have Val make friends her own age. Reed and Sue need to deal with all the antics of having Johnny hold the keys to their finances and the legal mumbo jumbo. For some reason, coming back from death in the Marvel Universe seems like a ton of paperwork in my head.
    Last edited by U.N. Owen; 11-29-2018 at 07:16 AM.

  3. #78
    Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Latverian Embassy
    Posts
    12,752

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by U.N. Owen View Post
    It's really annoying me that Slott is hammering in the whole "we are a family" thing. We get it, Dan. I'm just hoping we see the F4 adjust to a new life.
    Ah, I see I'm not the only one. At the stage of the game, why do they keep needing to say this? *duh*

  4. #79
    Astonishing Member Abe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    3,654

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    I still don't want Slott to always have this need to have them say to each other "We're a family"....yada yada yada every frickin' issue. Stan and Jack never had to and today's readers don't need to be constantly reminded. actually enjoyed those early days when Ben would get sick of the way Reed was treating him and let him know it. Maybe it's just me but I think Ben and Johnny would take a while to get over the way Reed left them on their own without letting them know what was going on. Then to top if off, Slott decides, hey I'll blame it on Doom At least I am encouraged by the February solicit about the upcoming Galactus issue and it mentions that Doom is still on his path we saw in Infamous Iron Man. Although I'm sure he won't get it quite right for a while yet.

    I hope Slot concentrates more on getting the Fantastic Four back into the prominence that Hickman labored steadily at regaining, which was pretty much wiped away by Fraction's dismal run.

    On another front, I don't have high expectations for the Future Foundation under Slott if the first thing he does is maroon them in the new multiverse. IMO they were a breath of fresh air and a logical path for Reed and Sue to take as parent/mentors to this group of gifted and diverse children. And I so wanted Dragon Man to stay too. Ah well.

    So I guess the Wrecking Crew has come down in the world if they are no longer a part of the Hood's gang that constantly vexed Infamous Iron Man. Now they are lowering themselves by taking money to take a dive and make the Fantastix look good.
    Preach, Iron Maiden, preach!

    (Also I didn't dislike the art but I'm still displeased with the change of artist... An innovative artist teaming with the writer - ok... sometimes they were the same - was a key for the greatest FF run...)

    (That said, I didn't dislike the issue... but I'm waiting for more and better!)
    - To Tammy and the Blue Rose !

  5. #80
    Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Latverian Embassy
    Posts
    12,752

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Abe View Post
    Preach, Iron Maiden, preach!

    (Also I didn't dislike the art but I'm still displeased with the change of artist... An innovative artist teaming with the writer - ok... sometimes they were the same - was a key for the greatest FF run...)

    (That said, I didn't dislike the issue... but I'm waiting for more and better!)
    That is about the same as I feel. I probably do sound as if I hated it. It was *ok* but I wanted more. Slott has got a short window of time before he may lose the new readers. Most new launches start out with big numbers then go through an adjustment phase until it levels off to a base number of issues sold. At least that's what I've noticed. I want this title to be a success. I don't think it will reach the all time low that Fraction did but I'd like to see it hit an average of around 50,000.

    I keep saying....Marvel doesn't have a lot of the big names as they used to have doing monthly comics when it comes to artists. Ribic seems to be sticking just to covers now. I wouldn't mind if they would keep an artist on for an arc and then shift to another artist if you have to. There was a time when Marvel had some reliable artists who could be counted on for monthlies.... Mark Bagley, Sal LaRocca, Steve Epting, Carlos Pacheco, JR jr. Now you just don't see that very much it seems.

  6. #81
    Extraordinary Member Crimz's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    6,030

    Default

    The warning Hulk gave seems like a set-up for the Thing vs Hulk fight that was mentioned in interviews months ago. I'm really excited for that.
    Get issue 1 of the INVISIBLE WOMAN mini OUT NOW!


    Also check out : The Invisible Woman Appreciation thread!

  7. #82
    Astonishing Member protege's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Chandler az
    Posts
    3,749

    Default

    I wonder what kind of trouble valeria’s going to cause? I wish slott would do something with dragon man. And sue definitely needs a life apart from the FF.

  8. #83
    Astonishing Member protege's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Chandler az
    Posts
    3,749

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    The warning Hulk gave seems like a set-up for the Thing vs Hulk fight that was mentioned in interviews months ago. I'm really excited for that.
    I’m not; banner seems to really want to be left alone- and this hulk is far more ruthless.

  9. #84
    All-New Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Posts
    6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    The warning Hulk gave seems like a set-up for the Thing vs Hulk fight that was mentioned in interviews months ago. I'm really excited for that.
    An interview teased a Hulk vs Thing fight? Any chance you have the link to that interview?

  10. #85
    Extraordinary Member Crimz's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    6,030

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by protege View Post
    I’m not; banner seems to really want to be left alone- and this hulk is far more ruthless.
    That's why I want a fight now more than ever. Ben used to be one of Marvel's heavy hitters and one of the few who could take on the Hulk for a while. He was a challenge. Now he gets downed in one hit.
    I want that to change, Ben to get stronger and be a challenge again. I think him facing a smarter stronger Hulk would be a great way to show that. He doesn't have to win, only show that he's not a pushover and give Hulk a good fight like he used to.

    Quote Originally Posted by Gunter View Post
    An interview teased a Hulk vs Thing fight? Any chance you have the link to that interview?
    It will take me a while to find it, it was before or around when the first issue came out.
    Get issue 1 of the INVISIBLE WOMAN mini OUT NOW!


    Also check out : The Invisible Woman Appreciation thread!

  11. #86
    All-New Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Posts
    6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    That's why I want a fight now more than ever. Ben used to be one of Marvel's heavy hitters and one of the few who could take on the Hulk for a while. He was a challenge. Now he gets downed in one hit.
    I want that to change, Ben to get stronger and be a challenge again. I think him facing a smarter stronger Hulk would be a great way to show that. He doesn't have to win, only show that he's not a pushover and give Hulk a good fight like he used to.

    It will take me a while to find it, it was before or around when the first issue came out.
    Please try to find it. I also wanted for Ben to return to his status of Marvel heavy hitter for a long time (and it seems he is steadily moving into that direction, if his recent fights with Cho Hulk and Silver Surfer are anything to go by, as well as even earlier fights against Namor and Colossonaut in AvX), so it would be pretty hype if he is going to face Hulk in 1 on 1 fight and perform well (and simultaneously embarrass Avengers while doing so).

  12. #87
    Spectacular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    140

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gunter View Post
    Please try to find it. I also wanted for Ben to return to his status of Marvel heavy hitter for a long time (and it seems he is steadily moving into that direction, if his recent fights with Cho Hulk and Silver Surfer are anything to go by, as well as even earlier fights against Namor and Colossonaut in AvX), so it would be pretty hype if he is going to face Hulk in 1 on 1 fight and perform well (and simultaneously embarrass Avengers while doing so).
    It might have been a video interview with Slott where he indicated that issue 12 would be the Thing v Hulk fight.

  13. #88
    Extraordinary Member Crimz's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    6,030

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gunter View Post
    Please try to find it. I also wanted for Ben to return to his status of Marvel heavy hitter for a long time (and it seems he is steadily moving into that direction, if his recent fights with Cho Hulk and Silver Surfer are anything to go by, as well as even earlier fights against Namor and Colossonaut in AvX), so it would be pretty hype if he is going to face Hulk in 1 on 1 fight and perform well (and simultaneously embarrass Avengers while doing so).
    Found it:

    https://www.marvel.com/articles/podc...inkId=55412231

    Tom Brevoort says it at round 42 or 43min into the podcast.
    Get issue 1 of the INVISIBLE WOMAN mini OUT NOW!


    Also check out : The Invisible Woman Appreciation thread!

  14. #89
    Incredible Member danielsan52's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    842

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by protege View Post
    I wonder what kind of trouble valeria’s going to cause? I wish slott would do something with dragon man. And sue definitely needs a life apart from the FF.
    The interaction with Dragon Man seemed..... odd or foreshadowing.

    I really want Sue in an individual costume.

  15. #90
    All-New Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Posts
    6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    Found it:

    https://www.marvel.com/articles/podc...inkId=55412231

    Tom Brevoort says it at round 42 or 43min into the podcast.
    Thanks a lot! I was already afraid that Ben's comment about Hulk from issue 4 was just a throwaway line, but it turns out it's a proper foreshadowing. The hype is real!

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •