Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    Oof, I totally forgot about her and thought the temp Robinson used was Excavator. Good on Dan for remembering her. There really is a story to be told someday about all the off-screen Wrecking Crew lore.
    I was looking it up and it turns out that Moon Girl and Devil Dinosaur recently introduced yet another substitute Wrecking Crew member.

Demolisher. They didn't say if she was yet another one of their kids who they decided to share their powers with, but based on the pattern she just might be.

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    Not happy about the Future Foundation being sent off as I really enjoyed them. I hope they are back sooner rather than later.
    Yeah, I wish more had been done with dragon man. Maybe he could be an NYU professor, or something.
    Last edited by protege; 11-23-2018 at 05:38 PM.

ESU you mean. It's Empire State University in the Marvel universe - currently attended by Squirrel Girl, Lightspeed, and Peter Parker.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    They....exist I guess...
    Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Warren View Post
    Not much that anyone can say until the issue comes out and we can read about them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lonewolf36 View Post
    I wonder why the name change from Liberteens to Fantastix and what happen to Blue Angel?
    Some readers who followed them when they were the Liberteens would of course ask Lonewolf36's questions. Plotwise they had to cut down to four characters, so now where is Blue Eagle? It occurs to me that with him, the Liberteens resemble a bit the O5 X-Men since both have bird-winged flyers and an ice person. Speaking of which, I don't think Johnny will be non too pleased that after butting heads with Iceman he's gonna face Iceberg in the Baxter Building.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Fantastic Member

I thought Thunderball quit The Wrecking Crew. I hope they explain why he's back with them.

You're right, he's the one Demolisher replaced - Slott goofed.
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Thunderball was also in Amazing Spider-Man recently and his role in the Panther book didn't really bring up the idea of him leaving the Wrecking Crew as much as it was a response to him hitting a new low by working for white supremacists like the Struckers. And he has left/betrayed the team before only to immediately come back, most recently in the ANAD Illuminati book. So I think he did just come back. We really need a Wrecking Crew story about all these characters!

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    Thunderball was also in Amazing Spider-Man recently and his role in the Panther book didn't really bring up the idea of him leaving the Wrecking Crew as much as it was a response to him hitting a new low by working for white supremacists like the Struckers. And he has left/betrayed the team before only to immediately come back, most recently in the ANAD Illuminati book. So I think he did just come back. We really need a Wrecking Crew story about all these characters!
    Thunderball is the most educated out of all of them. It still has yet to be explored what drove this trained scientist to a life of crime, and keeping company with folks who aren't that bright to begin with...

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    Thunderball is the most educated out of all of them. It still has yet to be explored what drove this trained scientist to a life of crime, and keeping company with folks who aren't that bright to begin with...
    Yeah, I've always found that bizarre, like having Neil deGrasse Tyson randomly rob a bank.

I have nothing against Capelli, but I'm really not pleased by the change of artist...

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    Nobody's talking about the Fantastix…

(crickets chirping)
    I'm as much interested in the crickets TBH...

Ok. Probably bad mood... And I'm still ready to enjoy a good story in a a good issue!
    - To Tammy and the Blue Rose !

And who is the woman who fired the distress signal? I’m thinking a miscolored Whiz Kid?

Quote Originally Posted by U.N. Owen View Post
    Look on the bright side, Alex got spared from Gamora halving the universe's population. *Looks at Infinity Warps #2 with Punisher Pack, Kamala Kang, and Diamond Patch* wait a minute...
    Punisher already has got an "amalgam" version who appeared in Weapon Hex!
    Last edited by ETMike1988; 11-24-2018 at 11:00 AM.

Something I just noticed about (the former?) Miss America, she seems to be producing small stars as she flies. That's not something I recall her doing back in the Initiative, so it could just be the artist trying to make her more visually exciting.

Or maybe they're hinting at a connection between her and America Chavez. Another person from the Utopian Parallel?

(crickets chirping)
    Right now, I'm of the opinion that they are a place holder for the FF in the Marvel Universe's view. It's happened when Scott, Medusa, and company were there and seeing it happen again isn't much of a stretch. Without knowing how long in Marvel time the FF were gone, it's tough to really think about what the view of the Baxter Building inhabitants is. There was Parker Industries, and now the Fantastix. There's been a deep desire in some people to want to know what happened when and who bought and sold the building. And that could make for an interesting backstory. But I'd rather see (and I assume Marvel is of this belief as well) Reed, Sue, Ben, and Johnny setting themselves up in the 21st century, ready for new adventures.

There appears to be a quick resolution to this in issue 649 as we don't see the Fantastix mentioned in any other solicits. I'm guessing Marvel would be cool with them being a hit, but they don't appear to have a next placement set up yet.

Quote Originally Posted by ETMike1988 View Post
    Punisher already has got an "amalgam" version who appeared in Weapon Hex!
    Yeah, looks like the Punisher Pack's existence is an outright continuity mistake at this point. Frank was already taken and Alex shouldn't be there to be Warped.