Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Ouch Ouch Ouch!

More reviews--

All of them say they are to real and have no emotion and the film is to much like the original film.

Not gonna lie Timone looks emotionless I'm the trailers but then Pumba was so expressive just through body language. The way he was dancing around and Seth Rogens got an expressive voice.

But yea I've seen people on both side so far. Seen reviews where they say they cried harder during this one then the original.

But yea they cant smile and overly emote. So you got to be creative like what they do with Pumba. I'm still seeing it opening weekend and I'll judge for myself. I love Aladdin so I got high Hope's for this. The music is amazing but then again they started off with amazing before they even added anything.

It is funny that Seth Rogan shares a Singing Credit with Beyonce and two with Childish Gambino. Seems to be the thing hes most proud of especialy since in his own words he looks like someone you would want to keep away from Beyonce.

Lion king is now the highest opening for a animated film in history!

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post
    Lion king is now the highest opening for a animated film in history!
    Pretty good for a movie with mixed reviews (although I do strongly suspect that it was partially riding on the coattails of the original).
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    Pretty good for a movie with mixed reviews (although I do strongly suspect that it was partially riding on the coattails of the original).
    That goes both ways for me. I think the box office is reflecting alot of nostalgia but also negative reviews are coming from the same place.

I like it, simba and Scar arent as expressive and it hurts the movie. But Timone ,Pumba, hyenas and Zazu were all better chatacters then the original imo. Mostly because they probaly are the chatacter that get the most new material.

Seeing this movie with little man twice now cause he loves it.... just makes me wish they woulda just done a prequel. They hint at a love triangle and a failed challenge between Scar and Mufasa. Just feel like they coulda got all the money and done they're own thing. There by avoiding the direct comparisons to the OG movie. Which they were never gonna top. Lion King might be the move beloved aninated movie of all time( I strongly belive it is but ima say Might because I have no way of proving that) and is in the running for for just most beloved movie period.

Anyway yea Seth Rogen stole the show. Scar and Simba expressed alot of personality through ways they just cant do in a photo realistic movie. I will say I found Ejifors Scar to actually be scarier but Scar wasnt good cause he was intimidating. He was actually the opposite kinda a punk but his smugness and slimeyness are what made him stand out. Just doesnt work outside cartoons for a lion.

Anyway I really liked it but it's not as good as the original for sure. My 5year old loves it and its his new favorite movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    That goes both ways for me. I think the box office is reflecting alot of nostalgia but also negative reviews are coming from the same place.
    Okay.

I like it, simba and Scar arent as expressive and it hurts the movie.
    I'd agree, although the actors were good casting.

But Timone ,Pumba, hyenas and Zazu were all better chatacters then the original imo. Mostly because they probaly are the chatacter that get the most new material.
    The originals were better, IMHO, no contest. But I will agree they came out the best in the remake compared to other characters.

Seeing this movie with little man twice now cause he loves it.... just makes me wish they woulda just done a prequel. They hint at a love triangle and a failed challenge between Scar and Mufasa. Just feel like they coulda got all the money and done they're own thing. There by avoiding the direct comparisons to the OG movie. Which they were never gonna top. Lion King might be the move beloved aninated movie of all time( I strongly belive it is but ima say Might because I have no way of proving that) and is in the running for for just most beloved movie period.
    Yeah.

Anyway yea Seth Rogen stole the show. Scar and Simba expressed alot of personality through ways they just cant do in a photo realistic movie. I will say I found Ejifors Scar to actually be scarier but Scar wasnt good cause he was intimidating. He was actually the opposite kinda a punk but his smugness and slimeyness are what made him stand out. Just doesnt work outside cartoons for a lion.
    Thing with Scar is that Ejifor had a flat delivery (I blame the voice director, personally) compared to Jeremy Irons. More vocal variety and I think that would've worked better (esp. since a lot of the dialogue pasted in from the original was made for a more theatrical

Anyway I really liked it but it's not as good as the original for sure. My 5year old loves it and its his new favorite movie.
    Fair enough if that's so. To me, outside of the technological advancements, there's no reason to pick this one over the original, due to it just being a flatter, poorer paced, practically shot-for-shot remake without the emotion and artistry that elevated it in the first place.
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Okay.

I'd agree, although the actors were good casting.

The originals were better, IMHO, no contest. But I will agree they came out the best in the remake compared to other characters.

Yeah.

Thing with Scar is that Ejifor had a flat delivery (I blame the voice director, personally) compared to Jeremy Irons. More vocal variety and I think that would've worked better (esp. since a lot of the dialogue pasted in from the original was made for a more theatrical

Fair enough if that's so. To me, outside of the technological advancements, there's no reason to pick this one over the original, due to it just being a flatter, poorer paced, practically shot-for-shot remake without the emotion and artistry that elevated it in the first place.
    Yea I get it. I dont know just seeing Lion king in a new light and then how much my son loves it was enough for me. And the technical stuff is amazing, the CGI is obvious and has almost certainly won them an oscar. But the sound was amazing too. you would have 100 noises going on at once but you would still hear Pumbas hooves clacking in the background. The music was basicaly the OG soundtrack but they put a bit more RnB and Soul vibe and less Pop. I've heard people say that hate the new Can you feel the love tonight because they think Beyonce overpowered Glover. But IMHO I thought they're voice sounded great together. Obviously Scar doing spoken word poetry and then showing he can sing by hitting a big note at the end was disappointing the first time. But upon second viewing I appreciated it more cause I realized it defiently put more emphasis on the lyrics then the OG version where your caught up in Scars pageantry. That song if you can call it that was one of a handful of place I like Ejifors delivery as scar. Anyway yes this one those things I can get people not liking. And if you already thought it didnt need to exists your gonna hate it. Because most the new stuff is just Zazu has more of a role and Timone and Pumba have new jokes.

Yea I get it. I dont know just seeing Lion king in a new light and then how much my son loves it was enough for me.
    Fair enough.

And the technical stuff is amazing, the CGI is obvious and has almost certainly won them an oscar.
    Agreed.

But the sound was amazing too. you would have 100 noises going on at once but you would still hear Pumbas hooves clacking in the background.
    Did not notice any of that, which I think means that they did their job well.

The music was basicaly the OG soundtrack but they put a bit more RnB and Soul vibe and less Pop. I've heard people say that hate the new Can you feel the love tonight because they think Beyonce overpowered Glover. But IMHO I thought they're voice sounded great together.
    Can't say I noticed one being overpowered, but I do have to say that it lacked the emotion of the original recording and that the visuals were lackluster in comparison.

Obviously Scar doing spoken word poetry and then showing he can sing by hitting a big note at the end was disappointing the first time. But upon second viewing I appreciated it more cause I realized it defiently put more emphasis on the lyrics then the OG version where your caught up in Scars pageantry. That song if you can call it that was one of a handful of place I like Ejifors delivery as scar. Anyway yes this one those things I can get people not liking.
    I think it's still a disappointment all around; Ejifor's singing has none of the skill or emotion that Jeremy Irons and Jim Cummings brought to it (heck, Irons put so much into it that he blew his voice out, hence why Cummings sung the last part). Also, while I will concede that the visuals in the original are more memorable then the lyrics (but, to be fair, it is goose-stepping hyenas), the new one cuts out so much of the song that you're not getting much poetry out of it. While the song would need to be re-worked (Scar insulting the hyenas throughout was at odds with the new take), they could've just revised the song, the way most of the songs in the Aladdin remake were revised and/or expanded to fit the new take but still working as good covers of the original versions.

And if you already thought it didnt need to exists your gonna hate it. Because most the new stuff is just Zazu has more of a role and Timone and Pumba have new jokes.
    I don't know; I was looking forward to it and found it disappointing.
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Fair enough.

Agreed.

Did not notice any of that, which I think means that they did their job well.

Can't say I noticed one being overpowered, but I do have to say that it lacked the emotion of the original recording and that the visuals were lackluster in comparison.

I think it's still a disappointment all around; Ejifor's singing has none of the skill or emotion that Jeremy Irons and Jim Cummings brought to it (heck, Irons put so much into it that he blew his voice out, hence why Cummings sung the last part). Also, while I will concede that the visuals in the original are more memorable then the lyrics (but, to be fair, it is goose-stepping hyenas), the new one cuts out so much of the song that you're not getting much poetry out of it. While the song would need to be re-worked (Scar insulting the hyenas throughout was at odds with the new take), they could've just revised the song, the way most of the songs in the Aladdin remake were revised and/or expanded to fit the new take but still working as good covers of the original versions.

I don't know; I was looking forward to it and found it disappointing.
    I get that I'm not saying only those people wont like it. But if someone is one of those people who hate that they're are making these remakes then this movie isnt gonna do nothing to win you over.

Even with the bad reviews lion king roars to the $billion club!

https://www.cnn.com/2019/07/30/media...ney/index.html

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post
    Even with the bad reviews lion king roars to the $billion club!

https://www.cnn.com/2019/07/30/media...ney/index.html
    I dont think there was ever a doubt. But yea people who hate these remakes aren't getting what they want anytime soon. Dumbo was a let down but honestly while it's well known that and Bambi are those big Dinsey movies that I dont personaly know anyone who loves them. Snow white and Pinocchio have way more appeal when it comes to the movies prior to the renaissance.

Maleficent 2, Mulan and then Lilttle Mermaid are up next. Supposedly they are casting a Snow white movie aswell. IIRC Favrou had said they were gonna do a Jungle book 2 also.

Edit: quick Google search tells me Lady and the Tramp has already casted actors. Also things like Pinocchio, sword in the stone, Hunchback,And Peter Pan have writers working on them already. Though Disney could just be throwing it our there and seeing I'f any these writers come back with a take they like.
    Last edited by Midvillian1322; 07-31-2019 at 01:16 PM.