Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by Starter Set View Post
    Releasing the exact same movie with just "upgraded visual" (personally i still prefer the cartoon style but each his own) doesn't sound like a lazy cash grab to you?
    I don't know if I'd call it lazy, since this type of CGI would require the manpower and budget for an entire army of animators putting in countless hours a week for months, both computer and traditional cartoon artists alike, plus he resources and coordination to back them up and then a director who really, really gets that type of work. And then there's the execs who will sweat just trying to guide the project to fruition. And then, as pointed above, new songs means new artists, storyboards, direction, etc. As it is, it's very likely that they won't just have a bigger crew than the original, but a crew that's bigger by several orders in all departments.

Maybe you're looking for uninspired or retread, but lazy it cannot be in any aspect of this production.

And every big studio film is a cash grab, even the most acclaimed. Let's not forget that. That in itself isn't a bad thing, especially if the film turns out to be a good product.
    Last edited by Cyke; 11-23-2018 at 10:17 AM.

Hm, this actually did nothing for me. Well if it's just a live-action retread beat for beat then I can imagine why, but I am still curious for this, Aladdin, and Mulan out of all the live action remakes.

Better be some new stuff in that movie.

I don't think that even Disney is shameless to the point to re-use the same songs but who knows?

Releasing the exact same movie with just "upgraded visual" (personally i still prefer the cartoon style but each his own) doesn't sound like a lazy cash grab to you?
    you aren't that familiar with Disney huh?
    The J-man

This was the first movie I saw as a toddler. I do believe is just re made but even so, I have to see it.

There's a bit of a fight over this film. They are calling it a live action film but many are saying it should count as a animated film as no live action actors are in it and all the cast is cg. They are saying it counts as a animated film not a live action one.

What do you guys think about this?

Hold your machete tight! Personamanx's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post
    There's a bit of a fight over this film. They are calling it a live action film but many are saying it should count as a animated film as no live action actors are in it and all the cast is cg. They are saying it counts as a animated film not a live action one.

What do you guys think about this?
    It's absolutely an animated film. High end, photo-realistic animation is still animation. From what I understand there are physically existing sets, and shot locations but that was the case with Disney's "Dinosaur" Eighteen years ago, and nobody counts that as live action.

EDIT: I assumed "Dinosaur" came out Sixteen years ago when it actually came out over Eighteen years ago.
    Last edited by Personamanx; 11-24-2018 at 07:28 AM.

Afaik its pretty much the entirely same soundtrack just recorded with new artists and the removal of 'Be prepared' and the addition of a Beyonce song.

Removeing be prepared is just stupid.

I mean the old movie still exists plus you don't put Beyonce in a film without having her sing.

Also they are changing some stuff with the hyenas. They can't have Ed be the same way he was or they'll get blowback from certain groups. And they are probably going to be white voice actors
    The J-man

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    I mean the old movie still exists plus you don't put Beyonce in a film without having her sing.

Also they are changing some stuff with the hyenas. They can't have Ed be the same way he was or they'll get blowback from certain groups. And they are probably going to be white voice actors
    All the voice actors are black for the hyenas

(Formerly ilash) Ilan Preskovsky's Avatar

Zzzzz... a modern classic that really doesn't need to be remade. And realistic animals talking or singing just ooks off to me, as it did in the Jungle Book.
    Check out my blog, Because Everyone Else Has One, for my regularly updated movie reviews.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    Did she sing in Obsessed?

Astonishing Member

Damn shrewd. Wonder when they are going to do that with Toy Story? FYI I have no interest in the remake but the idea to do this and make obscene money is ingenious.

Quote Originally Posted by Colossus1980 View Post
    Damn shrewd. Wonder when they are going to do that with Toy Story? FYI I have no interest in the remake but the idea to do this and make obscene money is ingenious.
    Toy Story VR!!!
    Take my dreams, childish and weak at the seams
    Please don't analyze, please just be there for me