Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Maleficent, Jungle book, Beauty and the Beast. Lion King is going to be the hardest to pull off. I am mixed on the trailer. Something doesn't seem right.

Disney are legendary for their genius in animation. Transferring that to live action has never been a pay off.

The movie is so colorful, vibrant, and full of sound.

The reboot is drab, earthy, and loud.

Granted it's just the trailer.

I was hoping they were going to stylize it a bit.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Marvelgirl View Post
    Maleficent, Jungle book, Beauty and the Beast. Lion King is going to be the hardest to pull off. I am mixed on the trailer. Something doesn't seem right.

Disney are legendary for their genius in animation. Transferring that to live action has never been a pay off.
    It’s really dumb. Malrficent made sense because it was a legit reimagining from the villains perspective and you had an actress that was insanely popular with an uncanny resemblance to her.

Honestly they are picking the wrong films for this too. The animation of Lion King, Beauty and the Beast and Aladdin were what took the characters too the next level. The Lions look like plain lions, the talking objects hustbwerent as fantastical. Can’t see genie being as good without that amazing animation.

Snow White, Cinderella, even Pinocchio Aimee for a more realistic style that you could make work in live action

Ultimate Member

It seems that reception of the trailer has been mixed

Not that i care either way to be honest.

Quote Originally Posted by KNIGHT OF THE LAKE View Post
    It’s really dumb. Malrficent made sense because it was a legit reimagining from the villains perspective and you had an actress that was insanely popular with an uncanny resemblance to her.

Honestly they are picking the wrong films for this too. The animation of Lion King, Beauty and the Beast and Aladdin were what took the characters too the next level. The Lions look like plain lions, the talking objects hustbwerent as fantastical. Can’t see genie being as good without that amazing animation.

Snow White, Cinderella, even Pinocchio Aimee for a more realistic style that you could make work in live action
    I really liked their new Cinderella.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post
    There's a bit of a fight over this film. They are calling it a live action film but many are saying it should count as a animated film as no live action actors are in it and all the cast is cg. They are saying it counts as a animated film not a live action one.

What do you guys think about this?
    It's basically the equivalent of trying to get people to think a "most popular movie" Academy award was a good idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Star_Jammer View Post
    Just curious where this backlash was earlier. Like...when the movie was announced over 2 years ago?
    There was backlash. From Beyonce being announced, to "why live action!?"

It was around.

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    I really liked their new Cinderella.
    I like the 94 jungle book.

Astonishing Member

Live Big Hero 6?

Quote Originally Posted by Colossus1980 View Post
    Live Big Hero 6?
    That could be cool but that movie needs atleast a decade to breathe

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    That could be cool but that movie needs atleast a decade to breathe
    Big Hero 6 has a sequel planned and a still-running fill-the-gap cartoon.

It's gonna be awhile.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Starter Set View Post
    Releasing the exact same movie with just "upgraded visual" (personally i still prefer the cartoon style but each his own) doesn't sound like a lazy cash grab to you?
    In my opinion, that's EXACTLY what this is, and, it'll work too because Disney knows people will flock to see it.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Hold your machete tight! Personamanx's Avatar

I mean if we're talking about "laziness" this is certainly less so that just re-releasing the original as they've done before. Re-making the Lion King is a pretty safe investment, but you don't higher hundreds of VFX artists to spend years working on a film out of laziness. It's not exactly the most creative example of film-making, but creativity has very little to do with hard work.