Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast
    Fantastic Member

Default Classic swimsuit vs Rebirth/movie battle armor

It's been 2 years since Wonder Woman's rebirth/movie armor costume debuted.

Are you happy with the rebirth/movie armor costume she's wearing now or do you want back the classic swimsuit costume back?

I don't mind rebirth outfit or her original. It's all how she is drawn

Ultimate Member

I MUCH prefer the Rebirth/movie costume. It's no contest really.

I prefer the rebirth/movie costume.

Incredible Member Geraldofrivia's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Zahina View Post
    It's been 2 years since Wonder Woman's rebirth/movie armor costume debuted.

Are you happy with the rebirth/movie armor costume she's wearing now or do you want back the classic swimsuit costume back?
    This is her classic costumeimages.png

I like the movie version than the swimwear. The swimwear should be strictly for beach.
    In my opinion Wonder Woman should have multiple costumes with different advantages that she should use in different situation. This will also help Wonder Woman earn from merchandise.

Battle-skirt 10/10 over Swimsuit.

DC let their artists turn the swimsuit into a thong so damn often that I was no longer surprised whenever I saw huge portions of Diana's bare butt-cheeks and/or crotch showing:

You would have to compare that with how often DC let their artists show upskirt shots of Diana. I'm willing to bet that the blatant instances for that are much lower than the thong.

Battle-skirt 11/10 over Swimsuit.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

I love both and am fine with either. The movie/Rebirth costume has less potential to be drawn poorly though, so that one has the edge.

Spectacular Member

I like (and miss) the classic costume... when it’s drawn correctly and covers her properly. Not a fan of Wonder-Cheesecake. That’s one of the positives of the current armor look, artists can’t really turn it into a thong.

CD835EB5-A612-4F81-AB4E-5D9D4B20D5F2.jpg

Retired

Classic costume. I wouldn't call it a swimsuit as there's a bunch of metallic stuff on that outfit that isn't swimwear--although Diana can no doubt go underwater in that gear without getting rust. I'd prefer the shorts to be longer like bike shorts or bermuda shorts. And I always liked the sandals more than the boots.

It was supposed to be a positive step forward for women to have a hero who wore practical shorts rather than a skirt. So while the battle skirt might be authentic to some ancient warriors, it seems like a step back for Wonder Woman as a role model.

And the Amazons in classical literature were described as wearing pants or culottes suitable for riding horses--which is a constant association with Amazons for the ancient Greeks who didn't wear pants. So trousers or shorts makes more sense to me.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    Classic costume. I wouldn't call it a swimsuit as there's a bunch of metallic stuff on that outfit that isn't swimwear--although Diana can no doubt go underwater in that gear without getting rust. I'd prefer the shorts to be longer like bike shorts or bermuda shorts. And I always liked the sandals more than the boots.

It was supposed to be a positive step forward for women to have a hero who wore practical shorts rather than a skirt. So while the battle skirt might be authentic to some ancient warriors, it seems like a step back for Wonder Woman as a role model.

And the Amazons in classical literature were described as wearing pants or culottes suitable for riding horses--which is a constant association with Amazons for the ancient Greeks who didn't wear pants. So trousers or shorts makes more sense to me.
    So you prefer Silver Age Wonder Woman?

I'm going to go with classic costume. It's simplier, more colorful, and that gives it a nice larger than life feeling that superheroes need.

There's been a huge trend this last decade or so where artists feel the need to make every costume "practical and realistic" and it's just horrible. Where's the fun in practical?

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    I'm going to go with classic costume. It's simplier, more colorful, and that gives it a nice larger than life feeling that superheroes need.

There's been a huge trend this last decade or so where artists feel the need to make every costume "practical and realistic" and it's just horrible. Where's the fun in practical?
    The two are not mutually exclusive despite what some think.

The classic costume wasn’t so much “larger than life” as it was “excuse to show off Diana’s ass and legs”.

Ultimate Member

Also it looked really out of place, and not in a good way, when she stood next to the other Amazons and/or the other JL members. The Rebirth/film costumes feels much more like it fits with the other Amazon aesthetic while also giving her her own flair at the same time. And it's far harder for comic book artists to over-sexualize as well.

Astonishing Member mathew101281's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    Also it looked really out of place, and not in a good way, when she stood next to the other Amazons and/or the other JL members. The Rebirth/film costumes feels much more like it fits with the other Amazon aesthetic while also giving her her own flair at the same time. And it's far harder for comic book artists to over-sexualize as well.
    Exactly. The new one feels like something birthed out of Amazon culture while the old one looks like a swimsuit.

The Battle Armor without a doubt