Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Amazing Member

Default Captain America vs Lion-O

9EE41955-C527-4214-8378-C33935D85B17.jpg512DC296-10B1-4403-A023-632E57BBDA2C.jpg

Who wins in a clash between Captain America and Lion-O? In this fight the Sword of Omens is able to work on anyone. The fight takes place in a World War Two ghost town filled with ruins of buildings.

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

lion-o is way too strong and way too fast for cap.

Cap might have a speed edge, but I'm like 83.6% certain he is drastically outclassed in strength. Lion-O has on several occasions torn through rock or metal with his hands as well as briefly contested Panthro in straight contests of strength. Important because iirc Panthro can lift a tank.
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Friendship's Shockwave BitVyper's Avatar

Liono's also casually snapped a pretty thick tree in half with a backhand
    I am a mighty wizard from magic lands

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Arbiter View Post
    Cap might have a speed edge, but I'm like 83.6% certain he is drastically outclassed in strength. Lion-O has on several occasions torn through rock or metal with his hands as well as briefly contested Panthro in straight contests of strength. Important because iirc Panthro can lift a tank.
    he also was as fast as cheetahra, if not slightly faster.

he also was able to keep a spaceship from flying away through raw strength.

and looking back at some of his feats (thank you, deathbattle), the sword of omens is hella OP.

Mighty Member

he also was as fast as cheetahra, if not slightly faster.
    In a long distance race where he had to take a short cut that drastically cut the distance he had to run compared to Cheetara (it was more dangerous, but Lion-O's only chance to win) and where Cheetara couldn't use her speed the entire run. Let's not imply that Lion-O is super fast. He isn't.

On to the fight: In the arena, Cap would be screwed. Lion-O has the Sword of Omens in his hands at the start of the battle and Cap has nothing to bounce his shield off of to catch Lion-O off guard. He'd be helpless before the super overpowered plot device.

But since this takes place in a town with lots of ricochet points, Cap wins this by a shield throw that Lion-O believes is missing him, but then unexpectedly hits Lion-O in the back of the neck. Stronger and faster Lion-O may be, even he can't take a shield toss to the back of the neck and Cap is scary accurate with his shield ricochet shots.

Astonishing Member

With the Sword of Omens involved I don't think any differences in their physical abilities will matter overmuch.

Though yeah even without it Cap'd get snapped in half.

I'm not discounting the outcome, but what does the Sword of Omens do, exactly?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Twickster View Post
    I'm not discounting the outcome, but what does the Sword of Omens do, exactly?
    It's basically a low-grade Mjolnir. A plot device that does whatever the situation requires.

I mean, I've seen some old episodes of the series. Mainly, it shines a light and drives off Mumm-Ra. And Lion-O uses it to hit things. Nothing else seems to come up.

Quote Originally Posted by Twickster View Post
    I mean, I've seen some old episodes of the series. Mainly, it shines a light and drives off Mumm-Ra. And Lion-O uses it to hit things. Nothing else seems to come up.
    Dissuades the old.

Got it.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by wjowski View Post
    With the Sword of Omens involved I don't think any differences in their physical abilities will matter overmuch.
    Yeah, having a near invincible plot device does give Lion-O quite an advantage. That's why I said Lion-O would kill Cap in the arena where Cap has no advantages.

The environment setting in the OP is Cap's only advantage in this scenario, so he has to strike first with a shield ricochet that knocks Lion-O out before Lion-O can start to use some of the Sword's weirder abilities. Can that happen? Definitely. Cap is even better at the ricochet shot than Cyclops.

Though yeah even without it Cap'd get snapped in half.
    How so? Is Lion-O faster than CBPH (comic book peak human)? I don't recall any feats that suggest he is. If their speed is roughly the same as I suspect, that makes any hth fight between them a battle of strength and skill. Lion-O has a slight edge in strength, but Cap has a significant edge in skill. I'd give Cap the majority in hth combat without weapons because Cap can dodge, throw, and use an opponent's strength against them like no one Lion-O's ever fought before.

On the other hand, unarmed Lion-O is basically Tuesday for the much more experienced Cap.

BANNED

yeah cap has always taken on opponents way beyond his league like power man the absorbing man the wrecker and managed to win but then again there's the argument that it's plot armour which gives him those wins. he was plainly humiliated by kingpin.

Just bring Lion-O to the vet. Game over.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Starter Set View Post
    Just bring Lion-O to the vet. Game over.
    Have you ever tried taking a cat somewhere it doesn't want to go?

Now imagine that cat is human-sized with super strength.