All-New Member

Default I need help identifying a Spider-Man Comic I lost as a child

Hey everyone I need your help. There's this comic I've been trying to find for years and I know next to nothing about the release date or title BUT i have a few story beats that might serve as clues.

Cover and Year
    Spider-Man comic early to mid 90's, Spiderman vs his rogues gallery on the cover, possibly white background.

PLOT
    Spider-Man needs to deliver large orange cylinder to a hospital which he webs to his back like a backpack when he's suddenly attacked by non-speaking copies of his rogues gallery - Dr Octopus, Vulture, Kingpin, Scorpion and a few others. In the end it turns out to be MYSTERIO who's behind it all. Using illusions or copies of Spidey's enemies.

ART/STYLE
    Could be a re release from the eighties but I remember it having a 90's style to the art. Dr Octopus is wearing a white suit instead of the green and yellow get-up.

Would love all spider-man fans and comic book aficionados for some help. This will help solve a nearly 20 year problem for me.

thanks
    Nathan
    Last edited by bender2250; 11-24-2018 at 05:17 PM.

Is it this one?

It's from the 1970s, but has been reprinted in 1980, and in the 1990s Clone Genesis TPB.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Astonishing Member

Huh. It sounds vaguely familiar, but I was a big Spidey reader in the 90s (much bigger than now... I never missed an issue of any of the core books or minis from about ‘92 to ‘98) and I can’t pin it on that era. MisterMets may be right about it being a reprint. If not, then here is a bibliography of all of Quentin Beck Mysterio’s appearances. You can scroll down the list and try to find it.
    http://marvel.wikia.com/wiki/Categor...6)/Appearances

All-New Member

No it's not that one I'm afraid and I couldn't find it in the wikia page

Astonishing Member

Then I’m stumped. Maybe it’s from the Berenstein Bears universe. ��
    https://www.vice.com/en_us/article/m...llel-universes

Before we give up, let me ask you... are you absolutely sure the antagonist was Mysterio? There was a dream sequence in 1997’s ‘Spider-Man: Dead Man’s Hand’ one-shot in which he was attacked by silent versions of his rogues gallery out of nowhere.

http://marvel.wikia.com/wiki/Spider-...s_Hand_Vol_1_1
    Last edited by HypnoHustler; 11-25-2018 at 04:12 AM.

All-New Member

Very certain that Mysterio is the villain. Deadman's hand looks too new.

Amazing Member

Maybe Web of Spider-Man 90?

Astonishing Member

Hm...Dr. Octopus wearing white? That was Todd McFarlane or Erik Larsens doing, wasnt it?

It was the Armani suit Doc Ock, from the Revenge of the Sinister Six storyline by Erik Larsen. Spider-Man#s 15-23
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.