Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Took me a while, I'm back Netherman14's Avatar

I had an idea for Kal-El landing on Earth as an adult, even if it's still due to Krypton imploding.
    Pull-List:

DC: Batman: Damned, The Green Lantern. Young Justice. Wonder Twins

Boom!: Ronin Samurai.

Quote Originally Posted by Netherman14 View Post
    First and foremost, I am fully aware just how condescending and pretentious the title sounds when read out loud. I just wanted to see what would such a take on DC's heroes truly look like while being consistent. how much is different than the norm, how much has remained the same.

How do you think it should be done? and which writer should be in charge of the whole thing.
    A single point of view is writing a universe, not a character. A writer working on Superman, another on Batman, another on Wonder Woman would give you great characters that can fit together. If you write the universe first, you're forced to fit your characters into that universe. Do the solos first, THEN worry about Justice League.

Took me a while, I'm back Netherman14's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    A single point of view is writing a universe, not a character. A writer working on Superman, another on Batman, another on Wonder Woman would give you great characters that can fit together. If you write the universe first, you're forced to fit your characters into that universe. Do the solos first, THEN worry about Justice League.
    I meant who should be overseeing the whole thing.
    Pull-List:

DC: Batman: Damned, The Green Lantern. Young Justice. Wonder Twins

Boom!: Ronin Samurai.

I liked how Warren Ellis did the Wildstorm reboot. One title running for 24 issues as the setup of the universe. Eventually other titles would spin out of the main books on a staggered launch.

So maybe a similar set-up might work for an Ultimate DC. It doesn't have to be exactly the same way but that blueprint is what I'd do it.

Astonishing Member

Here are some ideas I have regarding Ultimate Titans:

Titans, 1st Incarnation: Dick Grayson, Donna Troy(keep her origin simple, she's Diana's sister), Wally West, Cyborg, Tempest, Arsenal, Supergirl(have her take on the identity of Powergirl later on), Starfire, Jericho, Raven(youngest member).

The first story arc could center around the team coming together, Raven becoming a member and the events that led to the death of Grant Wilson.

Second arc involves Deathstroke and HIVE which leads to Jericho joining the team.

Third arc involves Blackfire and space shenanigans.

Fourth arc involves a three way war between Atlantis, the Amazons and the surface world.

Final arc is Trigon invading Earth. After Trigon is sent back to his dimension, most of the team gets promoted to the Justice League.

Titans, Second Incarnation: Tim Drake, Kon-El, Impulse, Wonder Girl, Beast Boy, Terra(Judas Contract does not need a rehash, so I'd do something different with her), Ravager, Static, Blue Beetle, Kid Devil, Ms. Martian and Raven.

With Dick on the Justice League, Tim decides to start his own version of the Titans.

First arc involves the recruitment of Impulse, Wonder Girl and Superboy(who was created by Cadmus and recently escaped their clutches).

Second arc would involve a metahuman trafficking ring. Tim's team would be assisted by Static, since the traffickers are operating out of his hometown. The trafficking ring gets taken down with the help of two metas who were imprisoned by the traffickers: Beast Boy and Terra. Those two wind up joining Tim's team but complications during the mission lead to the JL assigning Ms.Martian to the team as a liason.

In the third arc, the team would go up against the Brain and the newest incarnation of the Brotherhood of Evil.It is later revealed that the Brotherhood of Evil was mobilized in response to some new scheme of Niles Caulder and the team has to put a stop to that. The team travels all over the world during this arc.

The fourth arc would be space themed,Blue Beetle joins the team and Ms. Martian's white Martian heritage is revealed. Main antagonists would be the Reach. The team spends most of the arc in outer space.

Final arc involves Brother Blood, Deathstroke and the Church of Blood. Raven, Kid Devil and Ravager would join the team. Trigon and Necron are the true villains, Brother Blood and his minions are their pawns. Deathstroke is involved because he is seeking a way to bring Grant back to life.

Titans, Third Incarnation: Damian Wayne, Jon, Emiko, Aqualad, Crush, Roundhouse, Djinn, Bunker and Kid Flash.

Damian founded this team while Tim's group were having adventures in outer space.
    Last edited by king81992; 11-24-2018 at 06:31 PM.

BANNED

There was an DC equilevant to Ultimate Marvel and it was called All Star.
    Sadly, the non professional behaviour of some certain indivisuals devastated the line despite a very strong launch with Morrison's Superman.

DC Earth One technically was Ultimate DC. Outside of the debatable quality of each title the bigger issue was the erratic schedule. So a more consistent and shorter schedule between OGNS would be better.

Quote Originally Posted by Minerboh View Post
    There was an DC equilevant to Ultimate Marvel and it was called All Star.
    Sadly, the non professional behaviour of some certain indivisuals devastated the line despite a very strong launch with Morrison's Superman.
    They weren't all taking place in one universe in the way the Ultimate universe titles were, though.

Yeah, All-Star was tragically cut short all right, but by no means is it equivalent to Ultimate Marvel.

I'd say that it's easy to come up with an "ultimate" version of Superman, and it fact it probably needs to be done at this point - just use Morrison's New 52 take. I'd also keep Rebirth's "Good Luthor", since he too has been unceremoniously written out, and frankly I think he was a better idea for Luthor than anything else DC has done since the Bronze Age.

Maybe make Jimmy a really Silver Agey trans boy and have Cat and Clark be dating while Lois is Clark's partner on the job or something, I don't know.

But most of the other major DC characters beyond Superman, it's a lot harder to get to that place. I mean, you can't just use the New 52 Batman and Green Lantern, for example, they're too much like the mainstream version. You could maybe do it with Wonder Woman, since I understand most of the New 52 stuff has been kind of retconned away.

I guess my "Ultimate" Batman, if I was in charge of him, would have Jason as Robin surviving the Joker's attack, and then he and Bruce go on to just be a little more roughneck than traditional? That's probably my best idea for him, but some of the others I'm not even sure I have one.

Here's a concept: "Ultimate JLA" is composed of orphaned versions of characters who don't really have a place in the universe, like New 52 Kal, Donna Troy, or Wally West.
    "You know the deal, Metropolis. Treat people right or expect a visit from me."

I'd replace Arthur in this world with an Earth-2 inspired Aquawoman. Just because she was awesome. Element Woman would also find a new home here. This version of Wally West is the first, and only, Flash.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El