Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
    BANNED

Yeah I am fine with Bat Writers ignoring Teen Titans myself. No one wants to talk about the specifics of what occurred there.

Another great issue. Loving the Gotham Gazette staff and finally get more storyline with Harper and Cullen - looking forward to seeing how it plays out given the flash forward future status quo issue.

This would be a GREAT time to redesign Tim's Red Robin costume. It's too fussy to me compared to the other Batfamily members. I need a little revamp on his costume to streamline it (and Hawkfire's too). Dramatic, but sleek is always good in the Batfamily designs.

I still don't like Harper. Her attitude throughout the issue annoying to me.

Harper can grow on me but so far I'm just waiting for more steph to balance out her batman is "teh cool beanz" stuff

Astonishing Member

I'm willing to let it slide, one because when has one little line of dialogue like that referencing "recent issues" EVER truly altered the way we think about these characters? and two ... frankly, because Dick Grayson IS the Batman Family. You think if he hadn't connected with Bruce, anyone else would have? And then it's Dick, or Dick's absence, or insistence, that bring all the rest of the Bat-Clan onboard (with supporting nods from Alfred).

It's not that Batman wouldn't have had any friends. He's friends with the JLA, and Lucius, and all that. It's just that those are more "work friends" or professional relationships.
    Retro315 no more. Anonymity is so 2005.
    retrowarbird.blogspot.com

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by WonderScott View Post

This would be a GREAT time to redesign Tim's Red Robin costume. It's too fussy to me compared to the other Batfamily members. I need a little revamp on his costume to streamline it (and Hawkfire's too).
    Actually, speaking of Hawkfire - are she and Batwoman turning up in this at all, or has that not been mentioned? Hard to keep up sometimes!

CBR got me like.. Maxpower00044's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Claude View Post
    Actually, speaking of Hawkfire - are she and Batwoman turning up in this at all, or has that not been mentioned? Hard to keep up sometimes!
    Batwoman was in the first issue, so I'm sure she'll be in it, eventually.

Tim Seeley will be handling both Batwoman and Red Hood down the line.

Quote Originally Posted by nepenthes View Post
    Tim Seeley will be handling both Batwoman and Red Hood down the line.
    Seeley can do no wrong for me at the moment. I can't wait to see how he's going to write Kate.
    Last edited by RKitch; 05-09-2014 at 08:12 PM. Reason: Awful wording.

Incredible Member

Another great issue! I've really been enjoying this book so far. An early guess for the Big Bad of the story (the hidden villan in ish 1) - Bruce's supposed brother from the Court of the owls- can't think of his name dang it!

Quote Originally Posted by brucekent12 View Post
    Another great issue! I've really been enjoying this book so far. An early guess for the Big Bad of the story (the hidden villan in ish 1) - Bruce's supposed brother from the Court of the owls- can't think of his name dang it!
    Lincoln March. Wasn't the hidden mastermind revealed as Carmine already?

As for March, that would piss me off a little. If there is going to be one guy behind all of these plots, I'd rather have Hush organizing it than that failure. Of course if you're going to have a 52 issue tale about a war against Batman, the guy behind it better be The Joker.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Conway View Post
    Lincoln March. Wasn't the hidden mastermind revealed as Carmine already?

As for March, that would piss me off a little. If there is going to be one guy behind all of these plots, I'd rather have Hush organizing it than that failure. Of course if you're going to have a 52 issue tale about a war against Batman, the guy behind it better be The Joker.
    Conway, thanks for answering March's name. I didn't think the big bad would be Falcone, since I didn't think they would have put him in the book yet. I read somewhere Snyder would put the Court of Owls in Eternal, so I thought the guy who captured Bruce in the fist issue would be March.

Loved the use of Tim here, and thought the interactions between him and Bruce were spot on. The rest of the issue was solid, though I found the art to be really rough.

This issue was okay. The Swarm villain was a bit weird and I felt a bit slighted that they put Steph's story on pause already but on the plus side things keep moving at a decent pace. And I like this chapter's artstyling for BE more than #4. Woe to this title if they ever have to resort to extended flashback (re)tellings to best explain things. I liked Harper here but Vicki was coming across too much a Lois Lane clone. Cullen and Joey were meh but Alfred and the mystery man were okay. It was good to see Red Robin back in the Batverse.

Quote Originally Posted by ReverseReverseFlash View Post
    It is pretty silly that Tim got trapped in the future and had to fight a colony of metahuman kids to survive, but the little dinner party with the Joker is the one thing stuck with him.
    I never did find out about the wrap up. How did things turn out for Tim and the TT there?

Read a friend's copy and I just can't understand what's so great about this series. It's good, but that's it.