Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    God's servant

Default Most overrated Batman villain

Who is, in your opinion, the most overrated Batman villain ever? Share your opinions in this thread and bring some arguments to support them.

Astonishing Member Timothy Hunter's Avatar

THE JOKER

10 Char

Without a doubt. He has little nuanse whatsoever, but because of his iconicity alone, he is overexposed to death.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lucian Hodoboc View Post
    Who is, in your opinion, the most overrated Batman villain ever? Share your opinions in this thread and bring some arguments to support them.
    I've little interest In two face. I've only really enjoyed one of his stories which is the no man's land issue where he con ducts a trial of himself.

All the others seem to be very similar with the coin and cleches etc.

I'm also not keen on the ventriloquist though I wouldn't say he is overrated in any way. I was surprised he didn't turn up in the batman66 comic as he might have suited the more campy incarnation. I find him too silly to take seriously in the darker stories.

Fantastic Member Spencermalley935's Avatar

While I consider the Joker to be overused and basically milked dry, I'd have to say the most overrated Batman villain is Black Mask.

There's just really not much to the modern version of the character, He's nasty, one-note and really just not that interesting compared to the other members of Batman's rogue gallery. There's really nothing he can do that the Penguin can't also do just as well of not better.

Astonishing Member Timothy Hunter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by riddler123 View Post
    I've little interest In two face. I've only really enjoyed one of his stories which is the no man's land issue where he con ducts a trial of himself.

All the others seem to be very similar with the coin and cleches etc.

I'm also not keen on the ventriloquist though I wouldn't say he is overrated in any way. I was surprised he didn't turn up in the batman66 comic as he might have suited the more campy incarnation. I find him too silly to take seriously in the darker stories.
    Two Face is hit or miss for me as a character. I like the disturbed vigilante iteration of the character seen in the Dark Knight and The Long Halloween, which contradicts with how he is usually portrayed, which is a fairly one note mobster.

Extraordinary Member

Ra's al Ghul. Saying that, it may be as he is my least liked

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by DebkoX View Post
    Ra's al Ghul. Saying that, it may be as he is my least liked
    I would concur with you. I think Ra's is totally full of himself and the only interesting thing he ever did was be grandpappy to Damian (and he couldn't even do that without littering the pages with Tim Dreck).

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Spencermalley935 View Post
    While I consider the Joker to be overused and basically milked dry, I'd have to say the most overrated Batman villain is Black Mask.

There's just really not much to the modern version of the character, He's nasty, one-note and really just not that interesting compared to the other members of Batman's rogue gallery. There's really nothing he can do that the Penguin can't also do just as well of not better.
    Yeah, Black Mask just sucks. All the classic villains are rated about exactly where they should be. The Joker is HORRIBLY overused, but he's only slightly overrated. At his core, the concept and iconic dynamic is incredibly strong, it just needs to be given a long break.

Black Mask has nothing going on, Two-Face and the Penguin already kind of cover the roles he could fill.

Astonishing Member

The Joker and Bane.One has been overrated for years and the other is becoming overrated because of the current push he's getting.

I don't know if they're overrated but I always felt that Hurt,Court of Owls and Black Mask are kind of useless.

There are other rogues in Batman's gallery who do Black Mask's gimmick better.

Hurt and the Court of Owls always felt unnecessary to me.
    Last edited by king81992; 11-25-2018 at 04:00 AM.

BANNED

Hush easily, Court of Owls

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by king81992 View Post
    The Joker and Bane.One's been overrated for years and the other is becoming overrated because of the current push he's getting.

I don't know if they're overrated but I always felt that Hurt,Court of Owls and Black Mask are kind of useless.

There are other rogues in Batman's gallery who do Black Mask's gimmick better.

Hurt and the Court of Owls always felt unnecessary to me.
    Dr Hurt completed his story with in Morrison's run, unlike the Court Morrison didn't force him in to the DCU as some new classic baddie, that honor he gave to Pyg.

Joker and Bane are fine, getting importance from writers or new stories doesn't make you overrated much as I dislike how DC uses Joker and not a fan of King at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Spencermalley935 View Post

I think the appeal of Black Mask is that of probably any of the masked gangsters in Gotham he's probably the most "normal," even compared to Penguin.

I think he was really able to shine as an antagonist for Catwoman though.

Joker, Joker and Joker.

Astonishing Member

Court of Owls. Give me the Black Glove.

Fantastic Member

100% the Joker.