Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Amazing Member

Default Black Adam vs. Annihilus

Black Adam.jpgAnnihilus.jpg

When the powers of the Egyptian Gods surge through an enraged Black Adam will he be able to defeat Annihilus as he wields the Quantum Bands?

• Characters: Black Adam (Post-Crisis/World War III) vs. Annihilus w/ Quantum Bands (Annihilation)
    • Prep Time: None
    • The enraged Black Adam is sent into an alternative dimension to stop his wave of terror during World War III and finds himself before Annihilus. Black Adam sees another target to wreak havoc on, Annihilus sees an obstacle in his way to overtaking the universe.

Doesn’t Annihulis also have the cosmic rod? Dude is not a joke considering he got the bands by killing Quasar.

That version of Annihilus survived the Galactus murder wave that enveloped multiple star systems. Preeeeetty good.

Then again, so did Nova iirc. So maybe it was just super duper enormous but lacked class 100 kill power?
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Quote Originally Posted by The Arbiter View Post
    That version of Annihilus survived the Galactus murder wave that enveloped multiple star systems. Preeeeetty good.

Then again, so did Nova iirc. So maybe it was just super duper enormous but lacked class 100 kill power?
    Wasn’t Nova at Nova Prime at that point so a boost?

Quote Originally Posted by The Chou Lives View Post
    Wasn’t Nova at Nova Prime at that point so a boost?
    I guess. He was still waaay below the likes of Silver Surfer though. Which isn't a knock against him really; Norrin is a monster.

I just didn't get the impression the guy was smashing through the class 100 power rankings is my point
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Arbiter View Post
    I guess. He was still waaay below the likes of Silver Surfer though. Which isn't a knock against him really; Norrin is a monster.

I just didn't get the impression the guy was smashing through the class 100 power rankings is my point
    As I recall, Annihilus was effectively at point blank range and was caught off guard, Nova was much further away from the epicentre of the blast, saw it coming and had time to throw up shields before it hit and I think it mostly drained him to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    As I recall, Annihilus was effectively at point blank range and was caught off guard, Nova was much further away from the epicentre of the blast, saw it coming and had time to throw up shields before it hit and I think it mostly drained him to do it.
    It didn't mostly drain him, but he was much further away, did see it coming, and considering the giant glowing aura around him, it seems a bit much to say he didn't throw shields up around himself.

Amazing Member

Yeah, Annihilus survived Galactus's attack using the Quantum Bands.

https://static.comicvine.com/uploads...ation6_014.jpg

Black Adam defeated Death who was empowered after Black Adam committed genocide.

https://imgur.com/a/A9TYX

He also has harmed The Spectre.

https://i.imgur.com/BzSg5wT.jpg
    https://i.imgur.com/ScgmwQw.jpg
    Last edited by Nicklypuff; 11-24-2018 at 04:37 PM.

I would not treat Black Adam harming the Spectre, fun as it was to see him invoke the psycho crusher, as anything but a massive outlier or just a note that he could charge his body up with the lightning.

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pendaran View Post
    It didn't mostly drain him, but he was much further away, did see it coming, and considering the giant glowing aura around him, it seems a bit much to say he didn't throw shields up around himself.
    Eh? I said he did have time to throw up shields.

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    Eh? I said he did have time to throw up shields.
    That was in reference to an argument made in another thread that he didn't throw shields up. I just sort of see it coming around again.

That was in reference to an argument made in another thread that he didn't throw shields up. I just sort of see it coming around again.
    I love that you’re now making pre-emptive strikes in Rumbles.

Soon you’ll be posting straight after the OP with stuff like “No. That’s completely wrong.” before anyone’s had a chance to actually be wrong. Just because someone’s bound to be eventually.

It's not that pre emptive, it's in reference to an existing thing ;p

No he was "nearby". As in within the flagship ships "perimeter". So he wasn't much further away at all

Plus there was debris left over of spaceships even at the epicentre so idk how strong the blast actually was. It seemed to be shredding planets but we never actually see them being destroyed soo...

Quote Originally Posted by The Dork Knight View Post
    No he was "nearby". As in within the flagship ships "perimeter". So he wasn't much further away at all

Plus there was debris left over of spaceships even at the epicentre so idk how strong the blast actually was. It seemed to be shredding planets but we never actually see them being destroyed soo...
    He was far enough away that they could all turn and see it coming.

They were "just within the flagship fleet's perimeter" as far as what they actually said. As in they were just inside the edge of said fleet. I am comfortable with saying that being a spacefleet away from an explosion means they were not taking it point blank by comparison in the same fashion as Annihilus, the thing that was brought up as a comparison.

The idea that the explosion was noted as encompassing three star systems without slowing and that we see planets being shredded doesn't mean the planets were destroyed is taking it a bit far. You're leaning into the debris in a way that I don't really feel like it has the weight to support.
    Last edited by Pendaran; 11-24-2018 at 09:15 PM.