Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Superior Spider-fan Agent Scarlet's Avatar

I find it ironic that Disney threw all the EU out of canon under the pretense that they didn't want to limit the creators stories, yet the first new stories of this new continuity are set in between 2 of the movies, imposing countless limitations on what they can and can't do with the characters.

I also really hope Cassaday is only the buzz launch artist and will be off after the 1st arc. Not looking forward to getting this only once every 4 months.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by QueenMercury View Post
    Does anyone know what this means to the Brian Wood DH Star Wars series?
    Cancelled and thrown out all together

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

I am not a huge fan of Cassady's art, probably more for the fact that it takes him so long to do a book. Hopefully he has been on this since he left UA and is a good bit ahead. I am looking forward to all of these!

Quote Originally Posted by QueenMercury View Post
    Does anyone know what this means to the Brian Wood DH Star Wars series?
    Wood's stories don't "count" and he'll be be writing Moon Knight until it's canceled in 6 months.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by peckinpah View Post
    Same thing as the rest of the books, comics, and games that have come before: it no longer counts.
    That's Bs, Dark Horse was the ONLY Publisher that did Star Wars Mostly Right. For me and others all the stuff that Dark Horse has done will be canon. Marvel never did Nearly as Good as Dark Horse did. And probably never will, Dark Horse had the Best Talent Ever.

Astonishing Member RobinFan4880's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Warrior10 View Post
    That's Bs, Dark Horse was the ONLY Publisher that did Star Wars Mostly Right. For me and others all the stuff that Dark Horse has done will be canon. Marvel never did Nearly as Good as Dark Horse did. And probably never will, Dark Horse had the Best Talent Ever.
    Of course they will count.

This is like Star Trek, there's the old universe and then there is the new universe. Dark Horse's stuff still counts, just not in the new universe.

Marvel never did as good of a job because they never took the line seriously. It was always just a lucrative licensing agreement to them. Now that Disney owns Star Wars, Marvel will of course take it deadly seriously.
    Quote Originally Posted by Agent Scarlet View Post
    I find it ironic that Disney threw all the EU out of canon under the pretense that they didn't want to limit the creators stories, yet the first new stories of this new continuity are set in between 2 of the movies, imposing countless limitations on what they can and can't do with the characters.

I also really hope Cassaday is only the buzz launch artist and will be off after the 1st arc. Not looking forward to getting this only once every 4 months.
    Technically Disney is going to be releasing two books and TV show (all of which take place in the Dark Times) before the comics hit stores.

Right now, we are in the nascent age of Star Wars. The universe needs new "normal", so just about everything that is going to be released from here out will be building up that universe and filling it with fantastic stories and cool characters. The line will most likely diversify once the new movie comes out.
    Last edited by RobinFan4880; 07-28-2014 at 01:56 AM.

I think the main goal of clearing out the EU, at least right now, was for the sake of Episode VII -- they'd have to remove pretty much everything post-ROTJ (that involved the Luke, Leia, Han, and any of their kids) so that Disney could tell the story they want.

Quote Originally Posted by Dorktron View Post
    I don't see anything here that is new or interesting. Where are the new ideas? Do we really need yet another retelling of what happened between movies? Sorry, but this is not what I wanted for Star Wars.
    I feel the same way, specially when Dark Horse has been publishing a series under the exact same concept for the least year and a half.

I know that everything under Dark Horse is either being thrown away or kept as what basically amounts to sanctioned fan-fiction, but I wanted something big to happen. Such is not the case sadly.

Quote Originally Posted by ABH-1979 View Post
    Yeah, I admit, that I want a little more from them. At some point, I'd love a SW Underworld book (starring Boba, perhaps), with art by someone like Sean Murphy, but these 3 books do sound like decent launch books.
    Now thats the kind of book I hoped for.

Where does Star Wars: Clone Wars fit? Wookiepedia lables it as Legend, but the last episode is practically the beginning of Ep III

If you're referring to the Genndy Tartakovsky micro-series, that was "downgraded" when the CG Clone Wars series started back in 2008.

Again, as it stands, the only thing that's canon are the movies, the Clone Wars (the CG one that just end on Netflix a few months back), and the upcoming Rebels CG animated series. And the new novels and comics are now officially canon and are on the same level as the movies, which was never the case before.

Yeah, that's the one. It seems odd that that one would have been downgraded at all. AS far as I remember, it didn't directly contradict anything that happened in the CG series, and the last few episodes directly set up whats going on in III, including explaining Grievous' cough.

Yeah, if memory serves, George Lucas said that the Genndy Tartakovsky micro-series was just an experiment and wasn't meant to be anything beyond that.

So when the CG Clone Wars series came out it was always intended to override it. And I may be wrong but there were some contractions between the two: things like timeline issues and characterizations of a few of the characters (like Asajj Ventress, but don't quote me on that).

Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

Well I hope Star Wars fans enjoy this. Cassaday's a good artist, just not a good time-keeper.