Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Quote Originally Posted by panthergod View Post
    Superman wins. physically superior and a better track record against higher end opponents
    Which opponents?
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by The Arbiter View Post
    Which opponents?
    Kobra, for starters

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by The Drunkard Kid View Post
    I could swear that Clark is supposed to be a master of some form of Kryptonian martial arts, though for the life of me I can't remember him using it for anything other than Torqism Vo.

Pre crisis it was called Klukor

Quote Originally Posted by panthergod View Post
    Kobra, for starters
    According to another poster, Kobra has legit beaten Batman h2h before. Do you feel Clark is a better fighter than Bruce?
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

The times Superman has actually lost his powers he's been less than Captain America in the hth department. The wedding scene where hes using the can as a shield for instance ends with Batman having to save his ass. He's never taken out large groups powerless like say Wonder woman or Thor

One gets the impression he's definitely better than an average fighter but the "skill" stuff is tied in with his powers, and he combines the two to become a more potent fighter rather than actually being one powerless

Cyclops on the other hand simply comes across as low level street capable of taking on entire gangs and such and even making Logan work for it in conjunction with his powers

Quote Originally Posted by The Arbiter View Post
    According to another poster, Kobra has legit beaten Batman h2h before. Do you feel Clark is a better fighter than Bruce?
    Kobra started going down hill pretty soon after his introduction. He lost to Mr Terrific quite convincingly one time and Holt isn't anywhere near Batman level. Also that thing with Batman is pre crisis when Kobra was apparently treated as a much bigger threat whereas superman fight is post crisis
    Last edited by The Dork Knight; 11-30-2018 at 11:05 AM.

BANNED

While, I'm unashamedly pro-Cyke, the fact is that Supes is simply out of his element in this scenario. The fact is that Supes isn't used to fighting without the use of his array of powers. Cyke on the other hand continually trains for fights like this where his powers don't work or are otherwise neutralized, being the strategist and seeming obsessive-compulsive dedication to his training.

Cyke, can and has, on occasions intentionally fought blind (literally using a blindfold so he can't see), refusing to use his powers when fighting groups of the typical street thugs. He'd be perfectly fine in this fight, Supes wouldn't know what to do, 'pressure points techniques' or not.

While Supes would have the obvious weight advantage, I doubt that would actually work to his favor. Big, muscular men can tire easily if they don't pace themselves due to their own bulk. While I'd say Supes would hit harder, his weakened condition would leave him further unprepared for the realities of fatigue that would quickly catch up to him.

The only way I can see Supes pulling off a win in this scenario, is if he bull-rushes Cyke, and takes him to the floor, and ground n pound him. But, that'd be a tough sell as well, as Cyke is 'the' master strategist of the X-Men, he'd know this, and already have about 1000 battle plans already to avoid or escape that situation ready to go.

Cyke 9.5/10