Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Get this man on Uncanny! NOW!!!

I see this is more of that War of the Worlds future that's been teased for the past however many years.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

BANNED

Was wondering where he was headed after Green Arrow. Should be a good fit for the not-always-realistic art style the series has had for a while.

Militantly Indifferent Kisinith's Avatar

That art is amazing, really looking forward to this

Quote Originally Posted by nx01a View Post
    Get this man on Uncanny! NOW!!!

I see this is more of that War of the Worlds future that's been teased for the past however many years.
    This, the art is gorgeous AND I like the influence/reference to H.G. Well's on this.
    Stunning.
    "The means are as important as the end - we have to do this right or not at all.
    Anything less negates every belief we've ever had, every sacrifice we've ever made."

"Power corrupts. Absolute power corrupts absolutely."

"No justice, no peace."

This looks really good. Makes me wish there was a Tempus X-Men movie in the works just to see this scene come alive.
    Goldballs is love. Goldballs is life.

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    How long till the Avengers books take him?
    HA! good one. Seriously though wow...makes me almost want to read Green Arrow....Almost.

♥♥عابث سولاناس♥♥ Park Slope Pixie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Corwin View Post
    HA! good one. Seriously though wow...makes me almost want to read Green Arrow....Almost.
    why wouldn't you? it's a good book.

Quote Originally Posted by Corwin View Post
    I wasn't a GA fan and I absolutely love Lemire's run. The only reason I checked it out was because I followed Sorrentino from I,Vampire. It's a great run and you should give it a try. Well unless you hate awesome, then you're a horrible person
    I'm a freedom fighter
    I drink apple cider

BANNED

I discovered him on I, Vampire and fell in love with his art as it was perfect for that book. Its also been perfect on Green Arrow. He is amazing.

That said I'm not sure Uncanny is a good fit for him and his style is more suited for gritty stuff like the two books I mentioned. Nonetheless given his talent maybe he can surprise me and make it work.

Quote Originally Posted by JediMindTrick View Post
    I discovered him on I, Vampire and fell in love with his art as it was perfect for that book. Its also been perfect on Green Arrow. He is amazing.

That said I'm not sure Uncanny is a good fit for him and his style is more suited for gritty stuff like the two books I mentioned. Nonetheless given his talent maybe he can surprise me and make it work.
    Andrea Sorrentino's interview made it sound like he had some ideas about the new Uncanny mutants and I got the impression from that Bendis pretty much said go wild so I'm pretty sure he could make something pretty special.
    I'm a freedom fighter
    I drink apple cider

BANNED

This guy needs more Marvel comics art gigs. I've learned to be patient with comic releases, so I have no problems at all waiting three months between each issue if it means the art ends up looking as polished as this.

I'm all for quality over quantity. If more time means better polished scripts and art then I say give your creative teams more time and extend those deadlines.

BANNED

One of the few X announcements, 4 months away, and only an annual...? He has way too much to say about the characters and seems to know much about them for this to be a one and done situation. We will see him announced for something very soon, he has officially left DC and he is a proven title runner and did not miss many issues. This will be good.

New JerZ. You KNOW something! Tell me what you know!

Too bad it's being wasted on Tempus.

Joking aside, excellent artwork.

Quote Originally Posted by fod_xp View Post
    This guy needs more Marvel comics art gigs. I've learned to be patient with comic releases, so I have no problems at all waiting three months between each issue if it means the art ends up looking as polished as this.

I'm all for quality over quantity. If more time means better polished scripts and art then I say give your creative teams more time and extend those deadlines.
    LOL you need to look him up on dcwikia, the guy is about to finish his 20th issue of Green Arrow with no breaks in between.
    I'm a freedom fighter
    I drink apple cider

I've been waiting for Sorrentino to come to Marvel. Ugh, at him getting this gig. I want him on Moon Knight!