Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Depp had been pretty adamant that he did nothing and people believed it. Amber has been the one most vilified publicly over the past months for whatever happened. So I think this decision was a surprise to many folks who really just thought Depp had done nothing (as he has said many times). It ends up being a really bad look now, because it looks like he was lying about being abusive.

It is a real shame. I'll miss him in this role, as he was just so perfect as a villain. But honestly the franchise is kind of a schitzo train wreck in some ways anyhow.
    Last edited by Scott Taylor; 11-09-2020 at 01:12 PM.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Maybe they will bring Collin Farrell back, I thought he was good in the first movie.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    It ends up being a really bad look now, because it looks like he was lying about being abusive.
    It looks like the studio doesn't want him in children's movies while dealing with domestic abuse allegations. That's what it looks like.

I have no opinion on who did what to whom, so my take is that it looks more like a PR move than proving someone's guilt.

Quote Originally Posted by Castle View Post
    Phew. The election has been so intense that I have not talked about tv/films for a while. Hopefully things are getting back to normal now.

Hearing this news Depp was fired sucks. I wanted him to stay in the franchise. What seems to be a real factor is both Depp and Amber were abusive and toxic towards eachother but we know society will hold men to a hire standard and judge him more.

Anyone remember that video of Beyoncé's sister physically attacking Jay Z in an elevator? it is played off for laugh and cheap SNL jokes. if Jay z was the one attacking her, jay z would have been suffering even worse consequences than Depp.

I wish WB had not fired Depp because there was evidence that both sides were toxic. maybe Depp should have released an apology to the public to save his career, its not like many people 100% blame him for the relationship and alleged abuse.
    I tend to believe that either they were abusive towards each other, or at the very least Depp was defending himself in kind against Heard. Either way, he's already said he was going to appeal, and this was only the first trial- there is also a case pending in American courts. While I wish they wouldn't have fired him, I guess WB figured that it was better to get a clean break now, push the release of the next movie back to 2022, and recast.

I'm actually wondering what that means for The Flash movie. Wasn't that delayed again because Ezra Miller was committed to Fantastic Beasts? Will that delay it even more, or will they push forward on that instead? (Also interesting that Ezra was on camera choking a woman in a bar, and his job is seemingly secured. But Depp had allegations made against him, and had evidence that HE was abused, and he still got screwed).

Quote Originally Posted by Joker View Post
    It looks like the studio doesn't want him in children's movies while dealing with domestic abuse allegations. That's what it looks like.

I have no opinion on who did what to whom, so my take is that it looks more like a PR move than proving someone's guilt.
    Sure, to an extent. If that were the only truth, they'd have fired him years ago when the allegations against him were originally made. This is a court decision. Whether or not it gets overruled at some point is irrelevant to its significance, and the significance of this statement:

“I have found that the great majority of alleged assaults of Ms Heard by Mr Depp have been proved to the civil standard.”

Pretty much you have to prove the judge who made the ruling is a liar to get that taken away. And the ruling was about libel, so its not that the judge was choosing who to believe between Amber and Johnny.
    Last edited by Scott Taylor; 11-10-2020 at 11:30 AM.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Astonishing Member

Although, wasn’t this case actually against some British tabloid and the suit against amber is in the US and hasn’t happened yet?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by anyajenkins View Post
    Although, wasn’t this case actually against some British tabloid and the suit against amber is in the US and hasn’t happened yet?
    Correct. It was considered the easier case to win. (See above Youtube Link)

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    I'm actually wondering what that means for The Flash movie. Wasn't that delayed again because Ezra Miller was committed to Fantastic Beasts? Will that delay it even more, or will they push forward on that instead? (Also interesting that Ezra was on camera choking a woman in a bar, and his job is seemingly secured. But Depp had allegations made against him, and had evidence that HE was abused, and he still got screwed).
    Depp is more well known and so is his scandal, the second that happens to Miller he's gone.

Filming shut down for 14 days due to virus.

The more big news is they were filming it! So it's getting made! Can't really get into the fantastic beasts series. Guess i'll skip this one!

https://deadline.com/2021/02/fantast...st-1234687188/