Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

So there's Steve! And properly shirtless

Not much to say about the plot yet, but it seems that Wilson isn't wasting time in setting up both this arc and the next mini-arc (with Steve as a captive to Aphrodite).

As for art, it feels like Nord has trouble handling Diana. He did well with sexy and playful Diana in the first issue, but has struggled with her since. The way he poses Ares exudes power and confidence; not so much with Diana.

I'm really not feeling the art. I wish he drew more like he did when he was drawing Mutant X back in the day. Ah well...
    Richard Alexander

"Kinswoman" seems like a weird thing to call your half-sibling when your trying to get on good terms with them. Guess Wilson is avoiding talking about the New 52 origin.

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

The art is still underwhelming with the exception of Ares. The artist seems to be putting the most work and detail into him. I kind of like Ares' "Wonder Man" costume but I hope this doesn't play out like a similarity to the recent Jason storyline. A child of Zeus who is "more powerful than Diana" trying to make up for their mis-deeds.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by LordUltimus View Post
    "Kinswoman" seems like a weird thing to call your half-sibling when your trying to get on good terms with them. Guess Wilson is avoiding talking about the New 52 origin.
    I don't think she is, in the last line Diana seems to be questioning if he's even her half-brother. Maybe I'm reading too much into it, but we already know Wilson likes the clay origin.

So far the most interesting part are the Olympians trapped on our world. Their banter was really cute.

BANNED

Funny how Ares looks like Chris Pine....especially that panel where you see just his eyes/nose.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Well, I guess Ares isn't possessing Steve. It's still weird that he went from brunette to blonde.

The art continues to underwhelm, but the writing continues to be intriguing. I wonder why all those creatures decided to take Steve hostage? What does Aphrodite have to do with them?

Quote Originally Posted by Koriand'r View Post
    I don't think she is, in the last line Diana seems to be questioning if he's even her half-brother. Maybe I'm reading too much into it, but we already know Wilson likes the clay origin.

So far the most interesting part are the Olympians trapped on our world. Their banter was really cute.
    I think she's more unsettled that Ares, the embodiment of everything she stands against, thinks there are similarities between them.

Quote Originally Posted by LordUltimus View Post
    Its just a fancy way to describe a family member. I'd say its an attempt to mimic old fashioned speech, which a lot of Wonder Woman authors have done since the Bronze Age.
    #InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut

I'm liking it so far! Mythological creatures in a Wonder Woman? Go figure! I think this is the first time we've seen a dryad/nymph in the series?