Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314 LastLast

"Ruddock" looks too much like "buttock." It might be British, but it is definitely too British.

Leave him as Robin, but play up an Oracle-like role in the superhero community. That said, the biggest change I'd like to see would be in his personal life:

Bring back Janet Drake.

Introduce a story where it is revealed that Janet didn't actually die way back in the obeah Man story. Her death was faked, and she has been in hiding ever since. Tim learns about this, and seeks her out. He ends up reuniting with her and resolving whatever it is that put her in hiding. The end result is that Tim once again has a family life and is no longer “just another orphan”. This gives him a family life again. And that is the thing that has been missing from Robin ever since Identity Crisis.
    Rogue wears rouge.
    Angel knows all the angles.

Astonishing Member Timothy Hunter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CPSparkles View Post
    I like Red Knight. He keeps the R and he's still a red.
    I like that name.

Someone suggested "Crimson Cardinal" and I liked that a lot too. Red Knight is solid, though a little.....I dunno, formal?.....for how I see Tim. But it's still one of the best suggestions I've seen for him.

Its kinda funny; we all want Tim to find a new codename of his own instead of stealing another one from somebody but that's exactly what Dick and Jason did. lol
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by CPSparkles View Post
    I like Red Knight. He keeps the R and he's still a red.
    Red Knights a great name, unique yet familiar

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Kinda sound like a sports team, but better than a restaurant chain

Does it have to be red? Since we already have Red Hood...

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    Kinda sound like a sports team, but better than a restaurant chain

Does it have to be red? Since we already have Red Hood...
    I believe Gotham Knights is the sports team for Gotham City. So, yeah, it does sound like a sports team.

And I agree about red. Enough red in Gotham now.

Besides, I thought Tim's color was yellow...per Batman's color wheel.

Astonishing Member

Jubilee

Robin and Jubilee were the only male/female competitors in the DC vs. Marvel event. They also developed feelings for each other. I think this event happened only to him and no other Robin.

What about Jubilee for a new name for Tim?

Quote Originally Posted by scary harpy View Post
    Jubilee

Robin and Jubilee were the only male/female competitors in the DC vs. Marvel event. They also developed feelings for each other. I think this event happened only to him and no other Robin.

Why are fans so keen for Tim to borrow from other characters? Do you have such little faith that you need him to lean on lame associations with has-been's to get by.

It's bad enough Tim has failed to graduate [a failure which in a big way has to do with his fans inability to move on and grow.] Must he go back to cringe associations? Whats next give him his old outdated curtains hairstyle and ugly dorky look?

If Tim can't even graduate successfully then the character isn't strong enough to carry a lame name associated with a crap female character from a rival company. He struggled to compete with the others under a name associated with Robin. He'll fold quicker than a tarts kinckers if you name him jubilee.
    That's a terrible idea.

2nd chance Robin or shelf him.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    Why are fans so keen for Tim to borrow from other characters? Do you have such little faith that you need him to lean on lame associations with has-been's to get by.

It's bad enough Tim has failed to graduate [a failure which in a big way has to do with his fans inability to move on and grow.] Must he go back to cringe associations? Whats next give him his old outdated curtains hairstyle and ugly dorky look?

If Tim can't even graduate successfully then the character isn't strong enough to carry a lame name associated with a crap female character from a rival company. He struggled to compete with the others under a name associated with Robin. He'll fold quicker than a tarts kinckers if you name him jubilee.
    That's a terrible idea.

Richard was inspired by Superman's story to take the name Nightwing.

Jason took the Red Hood alias from the Joker.

It's a tradition that Robins borrow from other characters.

What are you ideas, dietrich?

I hate to say it; but more and more, Mr. Sarcastic is looking like a good idea.
    Rogue wears rouge.
    Angel knows all the angles.

Richard was inspired by Superman's story to take the name Nightwing.

Jason took the Red Hood alias from the Joker.

It's a tradition that Robins borrow from other characters.

What are you ideas, dietrich?
    Tim borrowed Red Robin and failed. Borrowed Batman Beyond and failed. Now you want him to borrow from Marvel?
    My idea is that it's best to stay away from Copywrited names.

Jubilee

Why stop there. why don't we call him Thanos. Tim is a detective lets call him TinTin or Tony Stark since he's so smart or better Mr Fantastic.

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post

That's a terrible idea.

Tell me dietrich, who hurt you?

Way to take a shot at the fans

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Fergus View Post
    Why stop there. why don't we call him Thanos. Tim is a detective lets call him TinTin or Tony Stark since he's so smart or better Mr Fantastic.
    What are your ideas, Fergus?