Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 LastLast
    Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

The Red Robin rebrand didn’t work.

The new cluemaster one will do even worse.

If he’s getting a new identity, we shouldn’t be settling for one that we recognize is garbage.

Astonishing Member

I've been saying for years now that the best new identity for Tim would be Flamebird. No one has used that identity in years and its an improvement over Red Robin.

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    What about Clue Chaser or Prodigy as codenames?
    I think Clue Master is a little weird considering his relationship with Steph but Prodigy's nice. It's not bird or bat related so it's unique which is what he needs.

For those who like the idea of an Oracle-like role, a new codename could help too, to stablish him as something apart from Barbara, as himself and not yet another legacy holding. I was thinking, it could work with a thematic name, though. Seer is another name for an oracle, but it doesn't ring well and it also means a human being instead of something not material. It just occurred to me a few minutes ago, that Providence has a nice ring to it. For an spanish speaker as myself, the name evokes forsight just fine (which is literally what the root of the word means: pro-videntia, before sight), and a sense of bringing the needed (help) on neccessity; while also having a sense of wonder, powerness, ominous in it, because what implies with all the Divine Providence and all that. And that really fits well for a superhero with some really mighty hacking and detectiving skills. And it plays with the gender of the name: in spanish, the name (Providencia) is for girls, and I don't know if it's the same in english, but having a missleading name is always clever thinking for a hacker, I guess? And it sounds neutral-gender enough for a hero name.

(Er.. I may or may not have been reading some Lovecraftian stuff when I though of the name. Instead of sleeping)
    Last edited by Zaresh; 12-02-2018 at 10:38 PM.

Cluemaster might work better for Steph than Tim.

Prodigy or Providence sounds cool.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    Cluemaster might work better for Steph than Tim.
    If she does, then Tim could take the name Spoiler.

Prodigy or Providence sounds cool.
    yeah, many names sound cool. Tim could name many names....but few with a connection to him.

Quote Originally Posted by milina View Post
    I find it interesting that the way Tim Drake found out Batman's identity with his uber detective skills is the same way some drunk, ex-criminal in the alleyway discovered Jason Todd was Robin and reported him, leading to Talia's taking Jason in...

Tim saw Dick Grayson perform at the circus and later saw Nightwing do this move (a move that only he can do) and deduced that he was previously Robin and that Bruce was Batman.
    Good points: Which Book is Tim currently in? 'Tec?

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Batman1970 View Post
    Good points: Which Book is Tim currently in? 'Tec?
    He's out of Tec now but will be in Young Justice.

About Red Robin, I don't mind the name personally because I don't have the chain restaurant here, but ideally, I also want a name that has nothing to do with Robin, like how Red Hood and Nightwing are pretty removed from Robin. Tim is known for being a detective, and as of New 52 and beyond, computers, so I want something that has to do with both of those things.

Astonishing Member

it'd be nice to give him a code name and some new gear that harkens to His Batground( Hee hee) but that doesn't exhume memories of something that Bombed. I Like Red Bat or Black Bat or Dark Bat or Red Knight. I f we could just stay away from giving him the same name as a Fatty food restaurant this time I'd appreciate it. Almost want to see him as the New Wildcat, but I dunno

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Photon Torme View Post
    it'd be nice to give him a code name and some new gear that harkens to His Batground( Hee hee) but that doesn't exhume memories of something that Bombed. I Like Red Bat or Black Bat or Dark Bat or Red Knight. I f we could just stay away from giving him the same name as a Fatty food restaurant this time I'd appreciate it. Almost want to see him as the New Wildcat, but I dunno
    Ruddock: It's a British word meaning robin.

It may not be the best but it could be better than what we get. (And he doesn't have to change his R insignia.)
    Last edited by scary harpy; 12-07-2018 at 12:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Photon Torme View Post
    On another forum someone recommended Cardinal, and I kind of liked that name.

Also, "Batground" made me smile. Good pun!

I was always partial to Redbird myself. It used to be the name of Tim's motorcycle but I always thought it'd be a good post-Robin name for him.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by scary harpy View Post
    Ruddock: It's a British word meaning robin.

It may not be the best but it could be better than what we get. (And he doesn't have to change his R insignia.)
    That's kind of cool but to an ignorant person like myself it just sounds like some dude's last name.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jared S View Post
    On another forum someone recommended Cardinal, and I kind of liked that name.

Also, "Batground" made me smile. Good pun!
    Cardinal would be cool.

Extraordinary Member CPSparkles's Avatar

I like Red Knight. He keeps the R and he's still a red.