Default The Mutiverse and Superman

I just read an post the states that two universes can occupy a designated world at the same time IE the how the JUst and Young Justice are both Earth 16 with Young Justice being Fictional on the JUst's version of the World and I assume Vice Versa. If that's the case what does Nuperman and Superdad combining due to each others worlds. Could this be why Pre-Flashpoint Earth 1 elements are Bleeding into the New52 Animated Universe like Doomday's sudden appearance and Ma and Pa Kent being Alive? This would go a long way to giving a cause to the sudden shifts in attitudes and Pre-Flashpoint characters suddenly popping up like they've always been there.

http://blanddcheadcanons.tumblr.com/...-dc-multiverse

I felt like Austin Powers trying to understand time travel paradoxes after I read the OP lol.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post

I felt like Austin Powers trying to understand time travel paradoxes after I read the OP lol.
    Yeah this was a doozie even spelled it wrong, but the theory is sound if you read the article and give it some thought.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

I thought reborn merging was a time stream thing(hypertime) not a multiverse thing(space that vibrates at different frequency ). Dr manhattan emphasis is on time. How he stole some years . Causing a new timestream to exist which is the new52. Post crisis superman is plucked from the time stream and sent to new52. Because of mxy and superfamily resolve some of timestream problems, New 52 began to turn back.

In the animated universe there is no such explanation. The reason superman started acting post crisis is because well people new 52 superman Himself was gone in comics and so they decided to change direction in animated movies as well.
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 11-26-2018 at 09:42 PM.

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

I don't know that anyone at DC ever formally stated that the YJ universe was "officially" Earth 16. That just seemed to be a theory that was floating around the time the show came out. Of course there wasn't a formal "map" back then. I think DC wants to keep the TV universes as far away from the "mainstream" multiverse as possible.
    Assassinate Putin!

I read "mutiverse and Superman", and before my brain registered the initial misspelling, I thought of this:

Hmmmmmm ... could Supes take on the core x-men and win? I wonder about their telepaths...

BANNED

I often find myself pronouncing it as mutliverse

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by daBronzeBomma View Post
    I read "mutiverse and Superman", and before my brain registered the initial misspelling, I thought of this:

Hmmmmmm ... could Supes take on the core x-men and win? I wonder about their telepaths...
    Better not let Rogue touch him! And yes, he could take out Wolverine easy! That's not even up for debate!
    Assassinate Putin!

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    Better not let Rogue touch him! And yes, he could take out Wolverine easy! That's not even up for debate!
    I think the only Marvel mutants (good or evil) that Supes may have to worry about in a fight are Charles Xavier, Jean Grey, Emma Frost, Nate Grey (X-Man), En Sabah Nur (Apocalypse) and Mr. Sinister, just due to their vast telepathic powers.

Can Rogue absorb alien life forms (did she ever absorb Thor or Gladiator)?

Hmmmmmm ... may have to check this out in the rumbles forum.
    Last edited by daBronzeBomma; 12-01-2018 at 09:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    The only real threats are the telepaths and Rogue. No one else would present a real challenge to Clark at all. Whether he could overcome Rogue and Xavier and Jean......I dunno. He can take down Parasite, so he can probably take down Rogue, and he's fought powerful telepaths and won too. But all of them at the same time? That might be too much. Maybe. But honestly? I'd still put my money on the Man of Tomorrow over the Children of the Atom.

As for the OP.....I think the theory is interesting but I don't think these alternate same-earth's would exist within the same context. Seems to me they'd either be worlds existing in the same position but in a different Orrery of Worlds, or they'd be hypertime tangents; possible and potential timelines that co-exist around the same earth.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.