Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post
    I would actually like that.

This book continue to amaze, especially with the role of Darkseid (see below in spoilers), the characterization of the main cast (I like all of them and how uneasy they are working together, save Kory and Vic).

I also like how the Ghost Sector inhabitants feel real : Rapture's clearly an Azrael fanatic, the Coluans are hated by a lot of peoples, and since the planets have barely been out of what well may be thousands of years of isolation for some, their inhabitants can be both ignorant of the wider universe's structures (like the Green Lantern Corps) but also each others.

I just hope that there is more than one world worshipping each of the Old God. I would like to see a world where Cyborg's human part is worshipped, possibly by robots or creatures wanting to be more in touch with the natural world; while another world could worship Kori'andr's fiery disposition over her loving one, that kind of thing.

spoilers:
    Concerning Darkseid role, I just love the fact that the God of Evil disguised himself as a healer because he needs STarfire, Cyborg and Azrael alive for whatever nefarious purpose he has. Somehow, it adds layers to him, he isn't just some monolithic evil bad guy anymore in my eyes, which is great.
    end of spoilers
    I think Rapture is Michael Lane who at one time was Azrael.

Quote Originally Posted by mrjinjin View Post
    I think Rapture is Michael Lane who at one time was Azrael.
    While I would live to see Michael Lane kicking around, I don't think that would make narrative sense. Like, how would he have ended up in the Ghost Sector to begin with.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Starrius View Post
    I don't understand why some people look at two people being close and caring about each other, and then assume that it's leading to something romantic.
    Victor and Kory are old friends.
    They were friends in the Wolfman Titans comic days.
    Victor called Kory "Goldie" a lot back then when she was golden

You can be close and caring with another without it being romantic
    I don't understand why some people can see two people being close and affectionate with one another and immediately disregard the notion that they can care for each other romantically.

You can be close and caring with another while being romantic. It happens every day.

------

Also, yeah, it's pretty clear Williamson is heading in that area. We'll see if it happens before he gets fired from the book and it takes a wildly different direction, or just gets abruptly cancelled or something. These are "big two" comics. That type of thing seems to happen a lot these days, especially where characters that need a lot of help like Cyborg are concerned. The minute he starts going somewhere, someone or something is bound to come along and destroy it, botch it, ruin it, or sabotage it, and set him right back at square one. At this point, this has been scientifically tested
    Last edited by Vampire Savior; 12-09-2018 at 04:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    While I would live to see Michael Lane kicking around, I don't think that would make narrative sense. Like, how would he have ended up in the Ghost Sector to begin with.
    Your probably right. I really liked that series with Michael Lane as Azrael.