View Poll Results: Would you read a cannon version of Gifted's X-Team?

Voters
49. You may not vote on this poll
  • YES! Marvel should have already done this!

26 53.06%
  • No. Has Snooze Fest written all over it.

23 46.94%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

I would read a comic book that contains these characters. I would not read a comic book adaptation of Gifted, or a book that has been made to match Gifted's premise or idea of the characters. That is, unless its version has Dreamer alive and doesn't approach character death in the cheap and disrespectful way the show handles it.
    I can also be reached on BlueSky and Tumblr. Avatar by kahlart.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad!

Gallery of Polaris commissions (without NSFW or minicomics)

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    no 100% Sunspot=Eclipse there's even very early promo poster that has a picture of sunspot but using the name eclipse my guess is that they were going to use sunspot but how when The New Mutants movie was announced Fox back peddled and "created" a new character

What isn't??

Why is there doubt Emmanuel is AfroBrazilian. but so sure Nina is Brazilian? Weeeeeird considering Scotland's Ginger pop is10% (the largest) How many redhead Brazilians have you heard of? I don't think there's ever been on panel confirmation that she was Brazilian

Yeah but we're talkin specifically about people confusing Spanish speaking folks like Marcos/Eclipse with Portuguese speaking folks like Bobby/Sunspot Not if they are grouped in the same made up American racial category

Full heritage?? I have no idea what this even means has any characters family tell their whole genealogy history has any other characters family cleaned their full ancestry? Why does Bobby's have to be confirmed and fact checked??

And because he was from Brazilian.... grew up in Brazil... Bobby told his teammates he was Brazilian.... Claremont told readers he was Brazilian.....
    You should study more of how people of South America's and lower North America's (including the Pacific islands) interact with each other before colonization occurred. I'm not going to get into it here because of the nature of the discussion ends less than pretty and it would veer incredibly off topic.

But the short & sweet of it is that it's not that simple.

Quote Originally Posted by salarta View Post
    I would read a comic book that contains these characters. I would not read a comic book adaptation of Gifted, or a book that has been made to match Gifted's premise or idea of the characters. That is, unless its version has Dreamer alive and doesn't approach character death in the cheap and disrespectful way the show handles it.
    Yeah, I agree. I'm not really interested in Gifted's premise being added into the 616. I don't think it would work very well. But the characters in a book together would be fun.
    Last edited by DragonsChi; 12-01-2018 at 11:50 AM.
    Idea's Open Discussion And Growth. Silencing Idea's Confirms Them To Be True In The Minds Of Those Who Hold Them. The Attempt Of Eliminating Idea's Proves You To Be A Fool.

Nina, Roberto's mother, and Emmanual, his father.

Roberto's been an Afro-Brazilian from day one.
    Last edited by yogaflame; 12-01-2018 at 07:39 AM.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Quote Originally Posted by DragonsChi View Post
    Yeah, I agree. I'm not really interested in Gifted's premise being added into the 616. I don't think it would work very well. But the characters in a book together would be fun.
    If we are talking just sandwiching the characters into a title minus what drives the show...

Why? What would even be the point?

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post

Nina, Roberto's mother, and Emmanual, his father.

Roberto's been an Afro-Brazilian from day one.
    I'm not saying he isn't Afro-Brazilian. I am saying that it's a strong possibility he is but that wouldn't be all that he is. But there is a possibility that he isn't, just based on the various different "races" that span out of Brazil. The art doesn't prove anything unless it's stated for that culture.
    Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    If we are talking just sandwiching the characters into a title minus what drives the show...

Why? What would even be the point?
    To see those characters interact with each other. To have stories with them at the center. Some the characters do have pretty strong fan bases they just aren't as large others.
    Last edited by DragonsChi; 12-01-2018 at 11:51 AM.
    Idea's Open Discussion And Growth. Silencing Idea's Confirms Them To Be True In The Minds Of Those Who Hold Them. The Attempt Of Eliminating Idea's Proves You To Be A Fool.

You should study more of how people of South America's and lower North America's (including the Pacific islands) interact with each other before colonization occurred.
    I meeeeean I've always been fascinated with pre European-contact Indigenous people of the Americas buuuuut what's that got to do with Bobby not having Spanish descent but of African+European?

I'm not going to get into it here because of the nature of the discussion ends less than pretty and it would veer incredibly off topic.
    Eh I don't think so but even if it did, To veer off topic is to be a CBR poster lol.

But the short & sweet of it is that it's not that simple.
    Well I know that people can make it super difficult buuut Thiss isn't the case. It seems pretty cut and dry in the case of Bobby. I meeean it's Right there in print even has colorful pictures lol but for reasons beyond mh understanding People seem willing to perform amazing mental agility when it comes to minimalizing the blackness of characters :/

I'm not saying he isn't Afro-Brazilian. I am saying that it's a strong possibility he is but that wouldn't be all that he is.
    Uh what? Lol Brazil definitely doesn't have a racially homogenized population but because someone has various ethnic backgrounds doesn't negate the dominant one lol buuuuut With Brazil receiving about 40% of slaves during the Slave Trade.... Bobby's father coming from the flavelas where 70% of the people who live in the *slums* are Black, and Bobby being called black as a racial slur isnt credible proof for some people proves denial is strong Thinking about it The current status of his character kinda resembles colonization of Brazil itself

But there is a possibility that he isn't, just based on the various different "races" that span out of Brazil.
    I mean I guess it's true... since we're talking about a fantastical work of Fiction but not following how it's because the diversity of the Brazilian population?? Plus Brazilians view race different than Americans going more so on Color than racial parentage So more frequently you'll see a family can often have members that appear to be White, Mixed, Black etc

The art doesn't prove anything unless it's stated for that culture.
    Explain? He gets teased for being Black while playing Soccer in Rio De Janerio.... what More cultural evidence you need? Now we can't trust our eyes lol

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    I meeeeean I've always been fascinated with pre European-contact Indigenous people of the Americas buuuuut what's that got to do with Bobby not having Spanish descent but of African+European?

Eh I don't think so but even if it did, To veer off topic is to be a CBR poster lol.

Well I know that people can make it super difficult buuut Thiss isn't the case. It seems pretty cut and dry in the case of Bobby. I meeean it's Right there in print even has colorful pictures lol but for reasons beyond mh understanding People seem willing to perform amazing mental agility when it comes to minimalizing the blackness of characters :/

Uh what? Lol Brazil definitely doesn't have a racially homogenized population but because someone has various ethnic backgrounds doesn't negate the dominant one lol buuuuut With Brazil receiving about 40% of slaves during the Slave Trade.... Bobby's father coming from the flavelas where 70% of the people who live in the *slums* are Black, and Bobby being called black as a racial slur isnt credible proof for some people proves denial is strong Thinking about it The current status of his character kinda resembles colonization of Brazil itself

I mean I guess it's true... since we're talking about a fantastical work of Fiction but not following how it's because the diversity of the Brazilian population?? Plus Brazilians view race different than Americans going more so on Color than racial parentage So more frequently you'll see a family can often have members that appear to be White, Mixed, Black etc

Explain? He gets teased for being Black while playing Soccer in Rio De Janerio.... what More cultural evidence you need? Now we can't trust our eyes lol
    One of the pages clearly calla him a “ halfbreed”. Like I said do more research on their culture outside of a wikpedia search. I personally am not going to run around in circles trying to explain a topic somewhat sensitive to prove a fictional characters lineage.

But for the record keep ad hominems out of discussions. All they do is make the poster seem less then informed and makes the other poster not want to discuss anything with you.

One of the pages clearly calla him a “ halfbreed”. Like I said do more research on their culture outside of a wikpedia search.
    lol knowing what it means to be called halfbreed AND black is proooobby the same I any culture no research needed when you've lived it. I was hoping that if i posted canonical facts it'd dyed light on how ridiculous his characters image and the defenders of image has become. But I guess head canon>>>>>>reality for some people :/
    I personally am not going to run around in circles trying to explain a topic somewhat sensitive to prove a fictional characters lineage.
    Cool I get dizzy easily. lol jk. Do you have some esoteric info about Bobby's ancestors or something?
    But for the record keep ad hominems out of discussions. All they do is make the poster seem less then informed and makes the other poster not want to discuss anything with you.
    I'm not sure if this counts as one since you've only posted vague remarks about Bobby's Family and precolonial Brazil, and unwilling to share the knowledge that doubts the accuracy if describing Bobby as AfroBrazilian

BANNED

Yep!
    10char