Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Astonishing Member

how's this fanfic: archiveofourown.org/works/5386049

it's WIP
    whatever Scientists tells us what they believes are the only things that exists in Reality(our world), they treats what US government and mainstream news media said about things like 9/11, CO2 Emissions, and so on as their gospel

https://lnk.bio/Masonicon

calling Real Life Martial Artists that can break walls "Comic Book Peak Human" is like calling Pre-new52!Cassandra Cain "Shounen Manga character"

I've given it a few shots. Always run into the same problem; writer's block.

Oh, I plan out the overall narrative of the story, but its filling out the story itself that I run into problems. And right now, only have 1 story up, being a crossover of DC and DBZ set in the post-Cell Games/Great Saiyaman Arc, just before Buu. With Kara as a catalyst to the two main groups coming together (shared Earth).

Going back and re-reading it, yeah. I feel I could have done much better overall, and filling it out...

Not to mention I keep getting other ideas in my head, I get a little in, and writer's block rears its ugly head again.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirika View Post
    Have any of you tried your hand at writing fanfiction?
    As a kid, yeah, and all the way into High School w. some like minded nerds.

As an adult, no, but I do a lot of team builds and often come up w. backstories and premises as to why these characters are together, what they’re doing, how they’d interact etc.

I have it doesn’t get much traction I guess when you only write 1 or 2.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRay View Post
    I have it doesn’t get much traction I guess when you only write 1 or 2.
    Well, it also depends on the fandom, the summary, rating, and the other tags.

Incredible Member

I write lots of fanfics (a lot of it NSFW, admittedly).

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Well, it also depends on the fandom
    Which fandoms do you write fanfiction for that are popular?

Quote Originally Posted by TheRay View Post
    Which fandoms do you write fanfiction for that are popular?
    Dragon Ball Z is the main one, though I mainly focus on crossovers. Though others that have big fandoms would be Harry Potter, Naruto, Twilight, Star Wars, Lord of the Rings, etc. Basically, you can tell by how many stories each fandom has. For instance, in non-crossovers, DBZ has 53k+, and its not even the biggest anime fandom on fanfiction.net. Naruto has over 430k in non-crossover.

What's more, chapter length is also a factor (for me, anyway). I prefer stories with, at minimum, 2500 words a chapter (and the more the better, for me).

Other stuff includes, but not limited to, is the summary, proper paragraphing form (not walls of text), proper spelling and grammar (I and most people are forgiving if there's maybe a few minor mistakes, but if its REALLY bad on chapter 1, and can tell with only a glance, good luck getting people to read), proper characterization, and so on.

OCs can be extremely hit and miss, often falling on "miss", so unless they're just a minor character/fill in for a spot, OCs tend to be Mary Sues/Gary Stues.

Quote Originally Posted by grampagen View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Güicho View Post
    I'm working on a a few:
    -An all white version of The Wiz, instead of urban, in a more rural setting.
    -Battle Beyond the Stars, but instead of Sci-Fi, set as a Western Samurai Epic.
    -A gender flipped Barb Wire, instead of a post apocalyptic world, set during WWII.
    -Lion King, instead all set with humans in a European kingdom, maybe Denmark.

I'd post them, I just hope no one steals my great ideas.

The Inner Apu makes the task of writing difficult for us all, Shakesman.
    OH you got me, you bolded the one that's been done, I hate when they steal my ideas.
    Fine I'm replacing that one with;
    - Instead of a crew of a spaceship lost on a forbidden planet with a mad scientist and his daughter (with an alien machine that makes his thoughts real), ...and a drunk robot. --- I'm writing it instead as the crew of a sailing ship, marooned on an island, with a crazy wizard and his daughter (with magical spirits who make his thoughts real), ...and a drunk native.
    Last edited by Güicho; 04-04-2020 at 07:02 PM.

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MorphyVSFischer View Post
    You wrote game grumps fanfic?
    nope. more like they read a fanfic I wrote on one of the vids.

Quote Originally Posted by Güicho View Post
    OH you got me, you bolded the one that's been done, I hate when they steal my ideas.
    Fine I'm replacing that one with;
    - Instead of a crew of a spaceship lost on a forbidden planet with a mad scientist and his daughter (with an alien machine that makes his thoughts real), ...and a drunk robot. --- I'm writing it instead as the crew of a sailing ship, marooned on an island, with a crazy wizard and his daughter (with magical spirits who make his thoughts real), ...and a drunk native.
    Oh a man of the Tempest are you? That did get s I fi treatment and most recent was in Olympus Mons series of books ( 2 starting with Ilium) good stuff, really.