Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Project Initiative Cascada View Post
    I didn't want to write this film off like most people were earlier, but now that this awful news came out with Lilly not being Janet but some other D list character, I am most definitely not seeing this.

BTW, why isn't there a Wasp appreciation thread on this forum? Does no one really like her on here?
    She's one of my all time favorite characters.

Ultimate Member

I WILL be seeing it on account of the excellent cast and being open to new ideas/takes on these characters.

Quote Originally Posted by Project Initiative Cascada View Post
    I didn't want to write this film off like most people were earlier, but now that this awful news came out with Lilly not being Janet but some other D list character, I am most definitely not seeing this.

BTW, why isn't there a Wasp appreciation thread on this forum? Does no one really like her on here?
    Wasp is awesome. If you start a thread, I'll post in it
    "In any time, there will always be a need for heroes." - the Time Trapper, Legion of Superheroes #61(1994)

"What can I say? I guess I outgrew maturity.." - Bob Chipman

To be honest, it's a lot better knowing how exactly the movie will play out beforehand so you don't see all these changes as weird. There was a time I wasn't even going to look at this movie because it didn't have Ultron, but know I'm curious to see if it can or can't bomb.

Quote Originally Posted by Pharozonk View Post
    Wasp is awesome. If you start a thread, I'll post in it
    Nope! No Wasp appreciation thread. If you want to be the one to make it and run it call it now or I'll do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Trevel8182 View Post
    Nope! No Wasp appreciation thread. If you want to be the one to make it and run it call it now or I'll do it.
    It's all on you pal. I'm already running the Hank Pym thread after all.
    "In any time, there will always be a need for heroes." - the Time Trapper, Legion of Superheroes #61(1994)

"What can I say? I guess I outgrew maturity.." - Bob Chipman

Not to toot my own horn, but i think i called the daughter angle in the old forum. Also called Yellow Jacket contrasting Scott and the Ant-Man gear. Anyway im glad she's not playing Janet to partner with Lang. Sounds like Janet will be her mom even. Damn it, they just had to delete the old forum. Maybe we will still get to see a young Hank as that 60's-ish Ant-Man. Though that was Wrights movie.

Whatever though, im still deflated about this film thanks to Wright leaving. I can't believe it. Were getting a frigging Ant-Man movie and ive lost my excitement about it. Thats so messed up. Man, now im sad
    Last edited by Godlike13; 07-26-2014 at 08:45 PM.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    Not to toot my own horn, but i think i called the daughter angle in the old forum. Also called Yellow Jacket contrasting Scott and the Ant-Man gear. Anyway im glad she's not playing Janet to partner with Lang. Sounds like Janet will be her mom even. Damn it, they just had to delete the old forum. Maybe we will still get to see a young Hank as that 60's-ish Ant-Man. Though that was Wrights movie.

Whatever though, im still deflated about this film thanks to Wright leaving. I can't believe it. Were getting a frigging Ant-Man movie and ive lost my excitement about it. Thats so messed up. Man, now im sad
    You're still kind of wrong, in that Yellowjacket is some other dude in the movie.

BANNED

I'm glad they've decided not to bring one of 616's most notorious racists into the MCU.

Kitty Pryde won't be part of this movie, don't worry Fringe.

I'm kinda curious about this choice honestly: how exactly are they gonna make her fit in the story ? I'd like her to be more than the token lover interest/hero prize tbh, now that would be cliché.
    Still crazed over the happening of an Ant-Man movie, it's candyland.
    "The means are as important as the end - we have to do this right or not at all.
    Anything less negates every belief we've ever had, every sacrifice we've ever made."

"Power corrupts. Absolute power corrupts absolutely."

"No justice, no peace."

I have to say, I'm pretty disappointed in Marvel for seemingly shutting Jan out of the MCU so far. Here's hoping they give her her due eventually.

Does this mean cass lang won't appear in the ant man film?

Quote Originally Posted by Trevel8182 View Post
    There used to be one, but with the reboot of the entire site, it fell through the cracks and no one put a new one up!

Wally 'Ginger' West fan
    Along one of the Birkeland Currents that traverse the Milky Way. I forget the exact cross streets.

Quote Originally Posted by Dabrikishaw View Post
    To be honest, it's a lot better knowing how exactly the movie will play out beforehand so you don't see all these changes as weird. There was a time I wasn't even going to look at this movie because it didn't have Ultron, but know I'm curious to see if it can or can't bomb.
    No amount of time can salvage this range of weirdness for me. At this point have given up on DC and am now cringing over the thought of how they, Marvel, may one day screw up a Waid Daredevil movie.
    Parental care is way exhausting. Gained insight into what my parents went through when I was a baby. Not fun, but what ya gonna do? (Read comics, obviously.)

Astonishing Member chamber-music's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Demon Bowler View Post
    Does this mean cass lang won't appear in the ant man film?
    No mention of Cassie Lang.

Perhaps Cassie doesn't exist in the movie universe or she lives with her mom and Scott doesn't see her.