Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Wally 'Ginger' West fan
    Along one of the Birkeland Currents that traverse the Milky Way. I forget the exact cross streets.

Quote Originally Posted by pageturner View Post
    and This Hank does not hit Jan so he will be a Hank for a new world.
    Yeah, a geriatric one in a world full of young folk where Ultron was made by Iron Man and his daughter is named after Cylop's spawn. I can't wait.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy View Post
    So how Lo until Hank Pym comes into contact with some magical aging serum by accident and ages a few decades?

I'm pretty sure that'd be the end for me with comics.
    Do you mean in the books? Because he's already AARP material in the movie. Any further aging there would be scary to contemplate.
    Last edited by Kyer; 07-27-2014 at 01:37 PM.
    Parental care is way exhausting. Gained insight into what my parents went through when I was a baby. Not fun, but what ya gonna do? (Read comics, obviously.)

Quote Originally Posted by Kyer View Post
    Yeah, a geriatric one in a world full of young folk where Ultron was made by Iron Man and his daughter is named after Cylop's spawn. I can't wait.

Nah Fury is not to far behind in age and RDJ is past 50.

If you want a literal translation of the comics then yes. But based on or inspired by gives some wiggle room.
    I wouldn't call this "some wiggle room"... it's basically taking names and making up entirely different stories for the characters. The core of the characters isn't even there anymore. Pym taunting Lang, telling him his "balls are shrunk" and hearing him say "goddamn" is so OOC I can't even get my head around it.

The current Marvel universe being what it is and Hope Summer's current status, plus the fact that they can get over the name with her adopting a super hero name, it isn't hard to see if the movie does well enough Hank getting a long lost kid that looks like Ms. Lilly.

Nah Fury is not to far behind in age and RDJ is past 50.
    MCU, Stark is still in his 30s or early 40s at most, but regardless making Pym the mentor/father figure of the new Ant-Man doesn't really help the character especially with Pym fans that see it as them unnecessarily marginalizing the character (and Janet) to try to legitimize Lang as being the Ant Man.

Quote Originally Posted by Wellman View Post
    MCU, Stark is still in his 30s or early 40s at most, but regardless making Pym the mentor/father figure of the new Ant-Man doesn't really help the character especially with Pym fans that see it as them unnecessarily marginalizing the character (and Janet) to try to legitimize Lang as being the Ant Man.
    RDJ though is 49.
    Age of Marvels and DC Next Dawn - Monthly Fan Made Solicitation Competitions on these very forums, make your pulls now! Want back story? Check the Wiki!

Quote Originally Posted by Exciter View Post
    RDJ though is 49.
    Yep but its Hollywood, unless you are a woman or man past a certain point make up can't make you look younger then you are, age is only a number. How many High school shows/film had actors in their late 20s or 30s playing teenagers.

Quote Originally Posted by Wellman View Post
    Yep but its Hollywood, unless you are a woman or man past a certain point make up can't make you look younger then you are, age is only a number. How many High school shows/film had actors in their late 20s or 30s playing teenagers.
    Didn't Tony appear as a kid in his father's video promo for the 1973 Stark Expo (where Howard basically yelled at him and told him not to play around on the set) in Iron Man 2? Tony is at least mid-40s then.
    Age of Marvels and DC Next Dawn - Monthly Fan Made Solicitation Competitions on these very forums, make your pulls now! Want back story? Check the Wiki!

Quote Originally Posted by Mary Jay View Post
    I wouldn't call this "some wiggle room"... it's basically taking names and making up entirely different stories for the characters. The core of the characters isn't even there anymore. Pym taunting Lang, telling him his "balls are shrunk" and hearing him say "goddamn" is so OOC I can't even get my head around it.
    Yeah as has been done for pretty much every character on film to some degree or the other.

Which Hank should they have? The Wallflower, The reluctant hero, The guy stuck at 10 feet tall, The identity crisis yellowjacket, whatever they did in the 90's, the skrull, the scientist supreme, the bipolar scientist, one of the ones I skipped.

Come on, Gooddamn throws you?

Astonishing Member The_Greatest_Username's Avatar

This movie is sounding like it's going to be more complicated that it has to be. I'm losing excitement for it kind of quickly.

Where are you guys getting this Hope Van Dyne stuff from? Her character is named Hope Pym. There is no Van Dyne.

Quote Originally Posted by ProcessedMeatMan View Post
    Where are you guys getting this Hope Van Dyne stuff from? Her character is named Hope Pym. There is no Van Dyne.
    Nope, there is a Hope Van Dyne. It was announced.

"Lilly ("Lost," "The Hobbit"), who's been long rumored for the film, was confirmed as Hope Van Dyne, daughter of Hank Pym."

Ah, how confusing. I was at the Marvel panel on Saturday. When she was talking about the character, she said she was playing Hope Pym... even made a comment about it being a tricky name "say that five times fast."
    But yeah, it appears the official stuff has her listed as Van Dyne. My bad.

Quote Originally Posted by ProcessedMeatMan View Post
    Ah, how confusing. I was at the Marvel panel on Saturday. When she was talking about the character, she said she was playing Hope Pym... even made a comment about it being a tricky name "say that five times fast."
    But yeah, it appears the official stuff has her listed as Van Dyne. My bad.
    It seems to be both, actually. I watched the panel, and Kevin Feige introduced Lily as "Hope Van Dyne", and then when Lily spoke about her character, she referred to her as "Hope Pym", and Feige didn't correct her. At least that settles who her parents are I suppose they'll go for the "I'm mad at you for some reason, so I take mom's name" bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Mary Jay View Post
    It seems to be both, actually. I watched the panel, and Kevin Feige introduced Lily as "Hope Van Dyne", and then when Lily spoke about her character, she referred to her as "Hope Pym", and Feige didn't correct her. At least that settles who her parents are I suppose they'll go for the "I'm mad at you for some reason, so I take mom's name" bit.
    it might be Hope is trying to start her own business without cashing in on the Pym name etc. or a family fight like you mentioned. It is going to be a different take on the character to be sure. To be honest I am disappointed with the yellow jacket news more than the Pym stuff.

So much drama around this movie.