Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Astonishing Member

I'm also glad Melody was Red Cloud, I liked her. Goode was always shady so I'm not mad it's her.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

That was a lot of fun, although I am not exactly sure why Robinson Goode being the Red Cloud needed to be a mystery when it was pretty obvious from the start. I guess props to Bendis for coming up with a mystery that decided to just make the red herring the killer. I thought he was going to go with Lois just to watch the fanboy meltdown.

Ryan Sook can do no wrong as far as I am concerned. He's an all star in my books.

Amazing Member

Good issue, but why did Clark take off this glasses in front of Goode? And I think I remember that she knows that he’s Superman from the Kryptonite?

Astonishing Member

I don't think she knows Clark is Superman.

Quote Originally Posted by STC View Post
    Good issue, but why did Clark take off this glasses in front of Goode? And I think I remember that she knows that he’s Superman from the Kryptonite?
    It wasn't supposed to mean anything in regards to someone being in on his identity. I remember Lobdell chose to have Clark take off his glasses too during his run, in front of the entire office when he quit. I'm just taking a guess here, but maybe their mindset is that he's perfected his other forms of subterfuge that he can go without his glasses for a sec and not immediately be caught.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

This was so good.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

The Issue was average. The mystery was not a mystery at all. And the reveal fell flat. I liked Clark's expression during the talk with goode. He felt like a love sick puppy.
    I was excited to the return of the question and looking forward to the dial h buildup.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bigstupidjellyfish View Post
    You and I think alike lol.

Question fight was well done, and I’m glad Melody isn’t the Red Cloud. I’m not gonna knock points for Lois not being in the issue.
    I thought they'd be fun to see interact too, but I was wondering if I was subconsciously trying to pair the gingers. Glad to see some like minds, at least.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by rpmaluki View Post
    I don't think she knows Clark is Superman.
    In 1003 she brought Kryptonite to the office and saw Clark react. Batman took it away and told Clark he got it. So she knows and I would think Clark knows she knows.

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by STC View Post
    In 1003 she brought Kryptonite to the office and saw Clark react. Batman took it away and told Clark he got it. So she knows and I would think Clark knows she knows.
    She, like everyone else at the Planet, thought Clark was just sick. There's nothing indicating that she put it all together.

That said, I wonder if she'll look back on that moment later on in the run and put it together that way?
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    She, like everyone else at the Planet, thought Clark was just sick. There's nothing indicating that she put it all together.

That said, I wonder if she'll look back on that moment later on in the run and put it together that way?
    From what I remember of that issue. Her reaction was hidden.With this new reveal that she is the cloud. she might have had suspicions.the only way the cloud is a threat to Clark is regarding his identity and reputation . It is clichéd route. But I can see that being the direction

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    From what I remember of that issue. Her reaction was hidden.With this new reveal that she is the cloud. she might have had suspicions.the only way the cloud is a threat to Clark is regarding his identity and reputation . It is clichéd route. But I can see that being the direction
    I've got the issue her with me, and she starts off by being just as worried about Clark as everyone else. She goes into her bag to get the medicine, then elects to wait for the medics. There's nothing really ambiguous about it on her part. But from Clark's perspective he's wondering why she'd have the K in the first place.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    I've got the issue her with me, and she starts off by being just as worried about Clark as everyone else. She goes into her bag to get the medicine, then elects to wait for the medics. There's nothing really ambiguous about it on her part. But from Clark's perspective he's wondering why she'd have the K in the first place.
    I was saying it could be an act. Bendis might be hiding her plan to test Clark, since her identity was a mystery. I could be wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    I was saying it could be an act. Bendis might be hiding her plan to test Clark, since her identity was a mystery. I could be wrong.
    I see. I wasn't clear on your last post. Sure, that could be the case.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

What I like about Bendis on both books is how immersive the world of Superman is. Honestly it hasnt felt this alive and at large since maybe Morrison's run. Lobdell and Pak had good ideas, but neither cemented them...and everything else was a hard pass.

This feels like Metropolis, and SUPERMAN feels like wild world altering superheroics.