Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3910111213

Quote Originally Posted by DanMad1977 View Post
    Ah, okay...whats the story behind it?

I can look it up
    During the Defenders, Black Cat was going against Diamondback to become the new Kingpin of New York, which resulted in her getting beat to near death thanks to his new powers before being rescued by the Defenders, and starting to have second guesses about her crime boss routes.

It was then expanded upon in the Spider-Man story Venom Inc. when she teamed up with Spider-Man, Venom, Anti-Venom, and Mania to take down Maniac, who was using his symbiote powers to infect everyone in Black Cat's crime syndicate and all the others, completely tearing them down and ruining Felicia's reputation. Realizing she lost everything, Venom recommended her trying to be a hero again.

Jump back to the Defenders book where she tells the Defenders her crime boss days are over and she wants to be a hero again and gets off on her prison sentence by helping them locate the Hood.

And that's about when Spencer's story kicks in.

Astonishing Member

Yes, okay. Thank you very much.

As good as it is right now, thats pretty weak, dont you think? Transforming Black Cat into a mob boss and psycho was very very bad, but turning her around just like that is weak as hell.

The only complaint i have right at the moment.

Spectacular Member

If you count both The Defenders and Venon Inc stories, her turn from crimeboss was done in about twelve to fourteen issues so it wasn't completely out of nowhere. I found the stories give her a reasonably believable reason to reevaluate her life.

Quote Originally Posted by Docz View Post
    If you count both The Defenders and Venon Inc stories, her turn from crimeboss was done in about twelve to fourteen issues so it wasn't completely out of nowhere. I found the stories give her a reasonably believable reason to reevaluate her life.
    Yea they do a good enough job of making her change feel reasonable in both respective series, where it could work even if you've just read one or the other. There's also moments like her saving Luke Cage after Diamondback leaves him for dead, which is the moment when you can see she starts to turn around.

Astonishing Member

Well, then i am alone with my opinion. I felt she was written like a crazy maniac, too far away from her real character. I just couldnt believe what she changed into...

Ah, what matters is that we can move on with her the way she should be written.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Inversed View Post
    It was then expanded upon in the Spider-Man story Venom Inc. when she teamed up with Spider-Man, Venom, Anti-Venom, and Mania to take down Maniac, who was using his symbiote powers to infect everyone in Black Cat's crime syndicate and all the others, completely tearing them down and ruining Felicia's reputation. Realizing she lost everything, Venom recommended her trying to be a hero again.

Jump back to the Defenders book where she tells the Defenders her crime boss days are over and she wants to be a hero again and gets off on her prison sentence by helping them locate the Hood..
    The events of the latter portions of The Defenders don't take place in between Venom Inc, they happen directly after due to the continuity of Felicia still having her wounds bandaged off, where as she in perfect health in Venom Inc. She obviously didn't listen to Venom's advise, tried rebuilding, and it was only after she was shot to ribbons that she realised it wasn't worth it after all
    Last edited by Miles To Go; 12-14-2018 at 03:59 AM.